PDA

View Full Version : PAC-10 Media Day Quotable Quotes

SoonerBOI
8/2/2007, 07:50 PM
The love story between the media and USC is really fascinating. I really wonder why? Some quotable quotes from the PAC 10 media day.

Stanford Coach Harbaugh : "they may be the best team in the history of college football. My opinion."

ASU Coach Erickson " "You want my evaluation of USC? They should be in that league I was so successful in, the NFL."
Commenting on the above:
UCLA Coach Dorrell : "Let me think about how to answer this," "If they would've won every game they played for as long Pete Carroll had been there maybe they could humor that. MAybe"

"I think that's part of the arrogance that comes with USC. They've earned that, but are they the best college football team ever? No. What about the great OKLAHOMA teams, The Miamis, The Florida States?
they have no right to do that, AND I THINK THAT'S DISRESPECTFUL TO THE HISTORY OF COLLEGE FOOTBALL.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=forde_pat&id=2950530&sportCat=ncf

goingoneight
8/2/2007, 08:00 PM
2004 was way better for them. They had better playmakers. Booty is more accurate than was Leinart, but Leinart was the leader and delivered big-game performances everytime he played. Booty choked twice last year. RBs are not even close. As much as it sickens me to give Bush and White spek, they own Gable and Co. WRs were proven, 2007's effort are not. Their offense altogether is loaded with talent, and will put up big numbers as always, but they're not anywhere close to 2004.

I think they're a cosensus #1 overall, but I won't go and call them anything more than the best "THIS YEAR." 2008 is said to be USC's first "rebuilding effort" in four or five years, so that could be interesting.

Big Red Ron
8/2/2007, 09:51 PM
I think they lose two regular season games this year.

MITSooner
8/2/2007, 10:51 PM
I remember when people were saying our 2003 team belonged in the NFL.

It's the kiss of death.

Zing
8/2/2007, 11:21 PM
I remember when people were saying our 2003 team belonged in the NFL.

It's the kiss of death.

So then, what, your QB needing several surgeries by season's end is the hug of contagion?

BASSooner
8/2/2007, 11:43 PM
What the media fails to realize too is that UCLA and cal return everybody as well.

Landthief 1972
8/3/2007, 09:51 AM
Hell, that love fest ain't as bad as Celizik comparing [retch] Carroll to Rockne. Knute-friggin'-Rockne.

man-on-man love (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20077923/)

NormanPride
8/3/2007, 11:20 AM
This year will be interesting. Booty has all the tools, all the cast, and everything on his side you can possibly imagine. Yet, he had the same last year... I don't think he's anywhere near the QB Leinart was. You can tell just by how the team responds to him, and how he performs under pressure.

I also think Pete takes control of the O a bit too much, something that our Bobby does as well, but a little better (fakes as opposed to 4th and 1 dives from the RB). I'd say they lose some games, but the rest of the Pac-10 is a joke.

StuIsTheMan
8/3/2007, 11:40 AM
I see four possible losses for teh SUC...

Nebbish if they come to play...
Cal should be tough at home...undefeated last season at home
Zona St's D should be better than last year...they lost at SUC by only 7 last season...
And maybe the Beavs can pull it off again...Riley has Carols number me thinks...

At least two of these game they drop I think...and then the Domers could pull one out cause it's at the Vatican...oops I mean South Bend....

I say No trip to New York for Booty...and they drop out of the top 10 by seasons end...SUC has had some outstanding teams in the past...but this one is all hype

MiccoMacey
8/3/2007, 11:54 AM
This is crazy. Best team ever? No, and not even close. Best team on paper for this year? By far.

Start with Booty. Over 60% pass completions, over 3300 yards last year, 29-9 ratio on TD/Ints. He's good. And last year was without a solid starter for much of the season. This year they have a similar tailback-by-committee that we have.

And their defense is, according to Carrol, possibly their best ever.

Have to give it to them this year.