PDA

View Full Version : Wassup with the international computer chip cartel?

Okla-homey
8/2/2007, 07:08 PM
I just got an e-mail from Dell. Apparently, the boys in Bombay ain't shipping my kid's laptop (ordered mid July) until Aug 28 at the earliest. Jugdish mentioned something in his missive about "unforeseen delays in manufacture."

What gives? Does the "back to school" season put too much of a strain on computer makers? Was there some micro-chip famine in India or Malaysia? Do the assemblers need me to FedEx them a sandwich or something?

What's the point of third-world labor if they let you down like this? I'm thinking beatings and extension of the work day from 14 to 17 hours may be in order.

sheesh.

TUSooner
8/2/2007, 07:32 PM
The wogs begin at Calais?

nuth-innn

jk the sooner fan
8/2/2007, 07:37 PM
I just got an e-mail from Dell. Apparently, the boys in Bombay ain't shipping my kid's laptop (ordered mid July) until Aug 28 at the earliest. Jugdish mentioned something in his missive about "unforeseen delays in manufacture."

What gives? Does the "back to school" season put too much of a strain on computer makers? Was there some micro-chip famine in India or Malaysia? Do the assemblers need me to FedEx them a sandwich or something?

What's the point of third-world labor if they let you down like this? I'm thinking beatings and extension of the work day from 14 to 17 hours may be in order.

sheesh.

i got jk2's laptop from aafes.com - tax free, a lenovo.....for about 1K......a REALLY nice laptop

hurricane'bone
8/2/2007, 08:16 PM
We have plenty of computers.

soonerboomer93
8/2/2007, 08:20 PM
dell lappy chasis comes out of taiwan as I recall...

you could browse the referb site that dell has and won't have the delay