PDA

View Full Version : Preview of NTSU's crappy new high school spread offense

Tear Down This Wall
8/2/2007, 12:06 PM
Here's video from last year's Mizzou game. The knob-slobberers who swear by North Texas State's new high school football coach like to brag that Mizzou installed his offense when they signed Chase Daniels. Okay, big fat hairy deal. Here's video of us whipping Chase Daniels' *** last year as he tried to run his crappy high school offense against Bob Stoops & Co.:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6OxEMjG6hY&mode=related&search=

Yea, we get this in game one...minus the "great" athletes of Mizzou. Imagine, a crappy high school offense run by slower, less agile players than those we beat at Columbia last fall.

DalHorn
8/2/2007, 12:11 PM
you can't tell me any NT fans actually expect them to stay w/in 30.

OKLA21FAN
8/2/2007, 12:12 PM
i didn't really think MU changed their scheme much from the Brad Smith days.

he was a pretty good dual threat as well.

MojoRisen
8/2/2007, 12:16 PM
Pimped- 1st game we showed real flash on defense though.

Zing
8/2/2007, 12:44 PM
Good, because we're gonna have to show flash again if we want to convince everyone that this isn't another "down year" in which we only win the conference championship. :D

And yeah, I agree - seemed like we finally started making plays more consistently.

sooner518
8/2/2007, 01:16 PM
for some reason that video got me more fired up for football than anything else has. Seeing AP and CB hit 10 yard runs seemingly every other play just gets me all worked up!

And I could watch the hit Reggie laid on that poor WR at the 4:30 mark all day.

It's kind of funny with these spread offenses how they operate on goal line situations. They had 1st down on like 3 yard line and ran the ball once. Then on 4th down from the 1, they line up in the shotgun and try a fade. ??? Gotta love the spread!

snp
8/2/2007, 01:22 PM
you can't tell me any NT fans actually expect them to stay w/in 30.

I made a bet with about 10 of them when I was down in Denton earlier this summer over that exact spread. They're getting pretty delusional down there.

Tear Down This Wall
8/2/2007, 03:46 PM
I made a bet with about 10 of them when I was down in Denton earlier this summer over that exact spread. They're getting pretty delusional down there.

Agreed. In my neck of the woods in Dallas, they talk of TCU and Boise State beating us...never mind the fact that beating BCS schools wasn't a first time deal for either of them as it would be for North Texas.

Also, TCU and Boise weren't coming off consecutive losing seasons in the Sun Belt and/or being led by a high school coach, offensive coordinator, and defensive coordinator.

I fully expect two 100 yard rushers for us on the day, along with at least one sidelined North Texas quarterback...and, based on the Reggie Smith hit in the link above, maybe a couple of their receivers as well.

Sadly for the North Texas folk, they play Arkansas a couple of weeks after us. It'll be a wonder if they have anyone healthy to begin their Sun Belt schedule.

...or, I assume you have to have a healthy football team to compete with Arkansas State, Louisiana-Lafayette, Florida Atlantic. Maybe you don't.

snp
8/2/2007, 03:54 PM
UNT is as similar to Boise and TCU as we are to them.

NS5
8/2/2007, 08:10 PM
SLC is always a good HS team. But this whole deal is new to UNT. They
will not score on OU, I can not estimate how many TD's OU will get, but
this will be a shut out game!

Big Red Ron
8/2/2007, 08:43 PM
Here's video from last year's Mizzou game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6OxEMjG6hY&mode=related&search=

Alan Patrick is a baaaaad man!

Shneeg11
8/2/2007, 08:54 PM
speaking of reggie, he practiced at wr at little bit last year...any chance we could see him there?? or does murray negate that?

Shneeg11
8/2/2007, 08:55 PM
and i didn't mean see him there permanently, just like....against texas

sooner-n-ga
8/2/2007, 10:23 PM
as much as the Horns lost it !

rhombic21
8/3/2007, 12:03 AM
Missouri missed a wide open WR early in that game. Then they had a couple turnovers on fumbles and tipped INTs. They also had a roughing the punter penalty that extended a drive which ultimately resulted in a TD for us. Then they had a blocked punt for a safety. Then they got stopped on 4th and goal from the 1.

Not saying they were better than us or anything, but they very easily could have made it a closer game. Missouri's problem is that their head coach has been completely unsuccessful instilling any discipline or consistency in the program. As far as their offense goes, it's one of the better ones in the nation.

King Crimson
8/3/2007, 01:35 AM
i think it was one of the TE's, Coffman, who dropped a wide open ball. Mizzou's real problem is they can't stop good teams from running the ball on their D coupled with not being able to control the clock late in games with that O.

snp
8/3/2007, 02:22 AM
Missouri missed a wide open WR early in that game. Then they had a couple turnovers on fumbles and tipped INTs. They also had a roughing the punter penalty that extended a drive which ultimately resulted in a TD for us. Then they had a blocked punt for a safety. Then they got stopped on 4th and goal from the 1.

Not saying they were better than us or anything, but they very easily could have made it a closer game. Missouri's problem is that their head coach has been completely unsuccessful instilling any discipline or consistency in the program. As far as their offense goes, it's one of the better ones in the nation.

You're usually only allotted 2-3 viable excuses for losing the game. Those turnovers that you seem apt to dismiss were great plays by the defense. Carter is a great punt blocker and showed his stuff once again. If you can't punch the ball in from within the 5 yard line at home in 4 downs, you're not very good or the defense is pretty stout.

Stop trying to justify that game. We kicked the dog**** outta them at their own house in their biggest game of the year. They had one great drive where they ran the hurry up offense and scored. Afterwards the defense wrecked Daniels and he couldn't make a pass.

You are right though Pinkel fudged that game up. Temple had 3 carries that day.

JohnnyMack
8/3/2007, 10:01 AM
Two predictions:

1) We will have MULTIPLE hundred yard games from our RB's.

2) UNT will have more INT's than TD passes.

MiccoMacey
8/3/2007, 10:13 AM
Agreed. In my neck of the woods in Dallas, they talk of TCU and Boise State beating us....

Agreed, wholeheartedly. The only thing TCU, North Texas and Boise have in commom are they are all in Texas (ok, ok...I know Boise's not in Texas, but it's the closest characteristic of the three programs I could find).

Agreed, wholeheartedly. The only thing TCU, North Texas and Boise have in commom are they are all coming off winning seasons (ok, ok...I know NTSU didn't have a winning season, but it's the closest characteristic of the three programs I could find).

Agreed, wholeheartedly. The only thing TCU, North Texas and Boise have in commom are they are all wearing pretty cool uniforms (ok, ok...I know TCU's uniforms look like Northwestern's uniforms, but it's the closest characteristic of the three programs I could find).

Nope. Can't find one thing in common with TCU, Boise State and North Texas. But I tried. :)

This North Texas team is nothing like the other two teams mentioned. Do they have a top-notch coach? Nope.

Has this offense been installed for quite some time, being led by seniors with tons of starting and playing experience? Nope.

I like their offense, and maybe someday it will work for them, but not on their first attempt at it against a top-10 defense.

Jacie
8/3/2007, 11:24 AM

So by your analysis, they were only six plays away from making it a closer game. Perhaps upon further review you could quantify exactly how many plays they were from actually winning.

aTm was about a dozen plays away from beating OU instead of losing 77-0. Does that sound ridiculous? You cannot single out a play in a game that was more than 1 score's difference and say it was the reason a team lost. If you resort to picking out multiple plays you've essentially made the argument that the winning team played better than the losing team.

rhombic21
8/4/2007, 12:44 PM
I pointed out that they very easily could have made it a closer game. A big part of the reason that we won the game was because their defense and special teams faltered, and they had a few uncharacteristic mistakes on offense. The underlying point of this thread is that Missouri's offensive scheme is not very good, and thus we have no reason to fear UNT's offense. I agree that we shouldn't fear UNT this year, because they don't have the athletes that Missouri does. But I don't think you can look at the fact that we beat Missouri as an indication that their offensive scheme is not effective, or that it couldn't be effective against us in the future.

The point was not that Missouri could have won the game last year. The point was that Missouri's offensive scheme did give us some problems, and it was largely because of unrelated issues (turnovers that resulted from mis-execution, poor defense and special teams), that we were able to win the game.

As a point of fact, Oregon runs a scheme that is very similar to Missouri's in terms of concept, and look at the success that they had on our defense.