PDA

View Full Version : WOW! Hills vs No-hills fodder.

SeattleOUstudent
8/2/2007, 09:57 AM
"Look at what Oklahoma City has done. They just shot way ahead of us ... . We really need something at Tulsa County.” U.S. Sen. Jim Inhofe:pop:

http://newsok.com/article/3096491

bri
8/2/2007, 10:04 AM
Mmmmmm, pork.

Inhofe can kiss my chalky Irish ***.

jk the sooner fan
8/2/2007, 10:07 AM
this is like an international arms race......only with rivers and development projects

JohnnyMack
8/2/2007, 10:09 AM
Tulsa's lack of vision in terms of developing the Arkansas river is and has for decades been legendary. I'll personally be shocked if this thing passes.

bri
8/2/2007, 10:12 AM
Tulsa's lack of vision in terms of developing the Arkansas river is and has for decades been legendary. I'll personally be shocked if this thing passes.

As much as I love the river, I'd rather keep developing downtown.

Hamhock
8/2/2007, 10:15 AM

does the plan include relocating the refineries away from the brazillon dollar tourist/luxury apartment site?

JohnnyMack
8/2/2007, 10:18 AM
As much as I love the river, I'd rather keep developing downtown.

My wife, who's not from here, cracks up everytime she drives down Riverside.

"There should be million dollar houses lining this thing, why are there all these crappy houses?"

And yes, I agree that pumping a quarter bil into revitalizing downtown is a better move.

Okla-homey
8/2/2007, 10:19 AM
does the plan include relocating the refineries away from the brazillon dollar tourist/luxury apartment site?

Hell no. This here is the "Oil Capitol of the World." We'll just name the "dee-lux apartments in the sky" flashy, oily names like "Cracking Towers" and "Tank Farm Vistas"

RFH Shakes
8/2/2007, 10:22 AM
"First of all, I take the position that nothing's been done good at the Arkansas (River) since I was mayor,” said Inhofe.

Great grammar for a Senator.:rolleyes:

NormanPride
8/2/2007, 10:44 AM
I think the view of the refineries is simply divine at around 5:30 when the sun highlights the burning towers just right...

You know what, Tulsa? Make downtown cool again. Then bring in a monorail. Tulsa needs a Monorail. I just like saying Monorail, really.

Monorail.

Boomer.....
8/2/2007, 11:10 AM
Tulsa does need to develop the river. Water in the dam=more businesses along it=more tourists=more money for road, dowtown, etc. improvements.

Hamhock
8/2/2007, 11:14 AM
I think the view of the refineries is simply divine at around 5:30 when the sun highlights the burning towers just right...

You know what, Tulsa? Make downtown cool again. Then bring in a monorail. Tulsa needs a Monorail. I just like saying Monorail, really.

Monorail.

you can't spell monorail without moran.

soonerscuba
8/2/2007, 11:44 AM
Maybe if we build a giant statue of Inhofe and Jesus walking hand-in-hand he would be happy.

OU4LIFE
8/2/2007, 11:54 AM
Maybe if we build a giant statue of Inhofe and Jesus walking hand-in-hand he would be happy.

You just need to stick to subjects about Cuba, pal.

;)

Mjcpr
8/2/2007, 12:37 PM
I don't know why both the river and downtown can't both be developed, they can both happen. This proposed river development plan, though, has a big benefit in that there are privately pledged funds of over $100 million dependent upon the passing of this .4% sales tax increase.

bri
8/2/2007, 01:05 PM

Monorail.

All kiding aside, once the downtown projects are finished (BOK Center, possible new Drillers Stadium, two-laning all the streets) the next big thing that would further benefit downtown would be light commuter rail tying downtown together with BA, Brookside, Riverwalk, etc.

But then, I could just be saying that 'cause I'm still p*ssed I didn't get to ride the El while I was in Chicago two years ago with WilTel. Buncha rental-car-lovers. :mad:

JohnnyMack
8/2/2007, 01:14 PM
Not to sound too "Tuba-like", but I would love some cake to be spent on fixin' our beloved infrastructure. I imagine my car would as well.

SicEmBaylor
8/2/2007, 01:16 PM
Mmmmmm, pork.

Inhofe can kiss my chalky Irish ***.

So, since you hate pork so much then I can only infer that you adore Sen. Coburn then, correct?

SicEmBaylor
8/2/2007, 01:16 PM
Not to sound too "Tuba-like", but I would love some cake to be spent on fixin' our beloved infrastructure. I imagine my car would as well.
The state, in theory, has plenty of money for infrastructure and road construction. They just have a bad habit of spending that money on other crap...

Ike
8/2/2007, 01:23 PM
But then, I could just be saying that 'cause I'm still p*ssed I didn't get to ride the El while I was in Chicago two years ago with WilTel. Buncha rental-car-lovers. :mad:

you really didn't miss much.

Hamhock
8/2/2007, 01:45 PM
So, since you hate pork so much then I can only infer that you adore Sen. Coburn then, correct?

two cheers for Dr. Tom!!!

bri
8/2/2007, 01:54 PM
you really didn't miss much.

Well no, it's just one of those things that you feel like you should do. Kind of like taxiing from one end of O'Hare to the other in a tiny private jet, terrified that you're gonna get t-boned by a 777 while crossing a runway. :D

And JM, I agree that the IDL is in horrific shape. Every day, I have to pick a new line to drive to avoid the most recent bumps and potholes.

royalfan5
8/2/2007, 03:50 PM

Monorail.
It put North Haverbrook, Ogdenville, and Brockway on the Map.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=vFTVoD8LD4g

soonerboomer93
8/2/2007, 07:42 PM
yeah, we screwed up in the Shanghai and didn't take the mag lev train to the airport which would have been fun

maybe T-Town needs a mag-lev

BudSooner
8/2/2007, 08:49 PM
:les: Mag Lev's kick ***!!!!!!!