PDA

View Full Version : Visited John Heisman's grave and paid my respects last week...

TheHumanAlphabet
8/2/2007, 08:32 AM
Was on vacation in Northern Wisconsin (Rhinelander) visiting my grandparents grave and then walked over and paid Mr. Heisman my respects. Pretty plain headstone.

CUinNC
8/2/2007, 11:22 AM
Was on vacation in Northern Wisconsin (Rhinelander) visiting my grandparents grave and then walked over and paid Mr. Heisman my respects. Pretty plain headstone.

Cool, I grew up in Boulder Junction area, right on Crab Lake:eek: haven't been back in several years, but Wife & I do plan on going next year..

BTW - In 1900, he went to Clemson University, where he coached for four seasons......and then on to Gawga Teck, where he had some of his best Coaching years....;)

TheHumanAlphabet
8/2/2007, 12:58 PM
Cool, I grew up in Boulder Junction area, right on Crab Lake:eek: haven't been back in several years, but Wife & I do plan on going next year..

BTW - In 1900, he went to Clemson University, where he coached for four seasons......and then on to Gawga Teck, where he had some of his best Coaching years....;)

We have a cottage on a lake just outside of Rhinelander. We saw minks, deer (nbd), a great horned owl, a blue heron, an eagle and we have a nesting pair of loons on the lake. Dad saw a black bear earlier this summer, but we didn't see it.

CUinNC
8/2/2007, 02:22 PM
We have a cottage on a lake just outside of Rhinelander. We saw minks, deer (nbd), a great horned owl, a blue heron, an eagle and we have a nesting pair of loons on the lake. Dad saw a black bear earlier this summer, but we didn't see it.

I love those damm loons.....puts me to sleep....wish we had 'em here:O