PDA

View Full Version : gettin some ink

rufnek05
8/2/2007, 01:47 AM
my grandpa has this sweet @ss Pin-up girl on underside of his forearm that he got while in korea. i'm thinking about gettin the same thing in the same spot, but since i plan on being in Construction Management and would most likely be presenting bid and other presentations to potential clients, i'm kind of hesitant. is it true that people prejudge people with visible tattoo's?

SicEmBaylor
8/2/2007, 02:41 AM
For God's sake man, no!

rufnek05
8/2/2007, 02:43 AM
you drink zima.

next.

Vaevictis
8/2/2007, 03:05 AM
is it true that people prejudge people with visible tattoo's?

Yes, some people do. But it also depends on your job. I don't know how it works in the construction industry, but you're not going to find many lawyers flashing ink in court in front of a jury, for example.

Frozen Sooner
8/2/2007, 04:20 AM
This is an amazingly bad idea.

The only people who should have pinups tattooed on their forearms are people who've actually spent a lot of time on a boat.

There's a reason it's on their forearm, people.

But hey, do whatever the hell you want. It's not like people use any damn common sense when they modify their body anymore or expect it to make a poor impression on potential employers or clients. I get morons interviewing with tongue rings and **** all the time.

soonerboomer93
8/2/2007, 05:06 AM
I work construction

many of my co workers have tats, but none are as visible as that

upper arms, or back, depending on the size is really best unless you always want to be in long sleeves when you present your bid

OUHOMER
8/2/2007, 05:26 AM
You would never be hired where i work with a visible tat. You may think its cool now but one day may live to regret having it. You never know where your raod will lead you

Okla-homey
8/2/2007, 06:11 AM
Here's a thought. Have one of those "temporary" tats put on your visible skin, then live with it a week. If it makes you uncomfortable in certain settings, maybe you should forget having the thing done permanently.

No matter what "pro-ink" people say, there are alot of people who pre-judge folks sporting tattoos. Unfortunately, the people doing the pre-judging are often people who actually matter in terms of their ability to advance or retard your progress in life.

Finally, avoid any tattoos on your head, neck or hands. Tattoos on those body parts often consign the bearer to a working life spent behind a cash register, swinging a paint roller or changing motor oil.

OUinFLA
8/2/2007, 07:01 AM
I know I pre-judge chicks I see sporting Tramp Stamps around their exposed sling-shot underwear in low-cut shorts.

in a carnal sort of way

OU4LIFE
8/2/2007, 07:14 AM
I know I pre-judge chicks I see sporting Tramp Stamps around their exposed sling-shot underwear in low-cut shorts.

in a carnal sort of way

that's really more of a pre-sorting than a pre-judging... :D

1stTimeCaller
8/2/2007, 09:38 AM
If you want it get it.

Every company is different but when I worked for PCL Construction Services they had a few project engineers and project managers with eyebrow piercings and stuff that probably shouldn't be on your face.

Your drug use will hold you back more than a tattoo will in the construction business, smokey. ;) Don't be Red Eye Rob and have your internship for Manhattan Construction yanked because you came up hot on a urinalysis.

JohnnyMack
8/2/2007, 09:44 AM
Get a tattoo that isn't visible if you're wearing pants and a short sleeved shirt.

mdklatt
8/2/2007, 09:49 AM
Get a tattoo that isn't visible if you're wearing pants and a short sleeved shirt.

Tramp stamp.

JohnnyMack
8/2/2007, 10:00 AM
Tramp stamp.

I am not. Well. Maybe I am.

Chuck Bao
8/2/2007, 12:43 PM
I have the words "good luck" tattooed on my wrist. It doesn't seem to have negatively affected my career. I also sport "blessing" thread bracelets, an OU watch and a black plastic anti-coup bracelet, so the tatoo may not be all that noticeable even when I roll up my dress shirt sleeves.

On the other hand, a pin-up girl...

olevetonahill
8/2/2007, 12:43 PM
Ive had Mine for almost 40 yrs . That said Id NOT do it again if I had it to do over. Usually I dont think of em tho .

Scott D
8/2/2007, 12:53 PM
Ive had Mine for almost 40 yrs . That said Id NOT do it again if I had it to do over. Usually I dont think tho .

:eek:

Scott D
8/2/2007, 12:58 PM
for most people I'd say skip the tattoo. for rufnek5 I'd say go ahead and skip the pinup and go all Mike Tyson with the fake Maori tat.