PDA

View Full Version : In my XM radio announcement email today

OUinFLA
8/1/2007, 08:17 PM
Some news to make me happy.....................
but a line is also included that somewhat distresses me. :mad:

Dear XM Subscriber,

Big XII Play-By-Play - XM 241 & 242
Starting with the 2007 season, XM will air select Big XII football games each week, the Big XII football championship, select Big XII men's and women's basketball games as well as complete coverage of the Big XII men's and women's basketball tournaments. Make sure to tune into XM 241 and XM 242 this fall for all the Big XII action including games from the University of Texas and Oklahoma State! With the addition of the Big XII Conference, XM is now the official satellite radio network for the six BCS conferences in college sports - Big Ten, Big XII, SEC, Pac-10, ACC, and Big East. College football programming returns during August with LSU vs. Mississippi State slated for August 30, kicking off what is sure to be a season to remember.

VeeJay
8/1/2007, 08:21 PM
You don't get a TV signal down in your parts?

bluedogok
8/1/2007, 08:28 PM
I have had the games on Sirius the whole time :D

For many ABC regional games he would have to have ESPN Game Plan since they would bump most Big XII games with ACC games. I know when I lived in Dallas and the Southworst Conference was still around I would have to go watch some OU games at a sports bar in Addison instead of watching a Baylor-Rice game. It is also nice if you are traveling that you can pick up the game anywhere.

OUinFLA
8/1/2007, 08:41 PM
I do get all the games that are televised. There were 3 I think in the last 4 years that were not on game plan and it drove me nuts to not be able to stay up with the game. And then last year, game plan went bezerk once. If it happens now, I'll just go sit in my truck and listen.
I just didnt exactly approve of XM's priorities of advertising who you would be able to get in the Big XII.

bluedogok
8/1/2007, 10:03 PM
I didn't even notice the dangling modifier at the end of that. I would think that was put together by some copy editor who knows nothing about sports.

AllAboutThe'O'
8/1/2007, 10:07 PM
To my knowledge, the only Big XII schools that have signed on with XM are Texas and OSU. It's possible more conference schools may join in the coming years. In the SEC package, South Carolina joins in 2008 and Florida the following year. XM has all the other SEC schools except for Alabama, Auburn and Vanderbilt.:confused:

I have XM, primarily because of the MLB package, but I do like listening to the various college broadcasts as well. My town has a station that does the OU games but we don't have one for OSU so it will be nice to follow them if need be. As for Texas, I'm usually on the road the day after Thanksgiving traveling from my parents' house to my current town so I'm finally glad to pick up the UT-A&M game with a clear signal. I'm also glad they're doing both the Big XII women's and men's hoop tourneys; the night the OU women beat ISU in the finals last March, I was traveling away from OKC and lost the signal with about 10 minutes left in the game and had to rely on a buddy to send me text messages.

Personally, I would like to see OU make the switch to XM but it's not a big priority since I can still listen to the games.

bluedogok
8/1/2007, 10:23 PM
Maybe this is an announcement in regards to the XM/Sirius merger. I know both schools were on Sirius last season. They have talked about MLB baseball games on Sirius for next season.

Soonerfan88
8/1/2007, 10:53 PM
Starting this fall, XM will air select Big 12 football games and the Dr Pepper Big 12 Football Championship. XM will also air select Big 12 men's and women's basketball games, as well as complete coverage of the Phillips 66 Big 12 Men's and Women's Basketball Championships.

http://www.big12sports.com/genrel/061507aaa.html

Those "select" games every week are only Texas & OSU. All other regular season games, including OU, will still be on Sirius.

AllAboutThe'O'
8/1/2007, 10:54 PM
Maybe this is an announcement in regards to the XM/Sirius merger. I know both schools were on Sirius last season. They have talked about MLB baseball games on Sirius for next season.
I believe XM and MLB signed an 11-year exclusive agreement, so you won't hear any MLB games on Sirius, unless the merger goes down.

bluedogok
8/1/2007, 10:59 PM
Well, that was "post" merger if it happens. It was in some of the briefs they presented to the FCC, about what content would be available where.

Sooner in Tampa
8/2/2007, 06:03 AM
I do get all the games that are televised. There were 3 I think in the last 4 years that were not on game plan and it drove me nuts to not be able to stay up with the game. And then last year, game plan went bezerk once. If it happens now, I'll just go sit in my truck and listen.
I just didnt exactly approve of XM's priorities of advertising who you would be able to get in the Big XII.Lee RoysLee RoysLee RoysLee RoysLee RoysLee RoysLee RoysLee RoysLee RoysLee RoysLee RoysLee RoysLee RoysLee RoysLee RoysLee RoysLee RoysLee RoysLee RoysLee RoysLee RoysLee RoysLee RoysLee RoysLee RoysLee RoysLee RoysLee RoysLee RoysLee RoysLee RoysLee RoysLee RoysLee RoysLee RoysLee Roys

OUinFLA
8/2/2007, 06:06 AM
Wifey has Sirus for free on her new Mariner for the next 4 months, so in the case of a television disaster, I will just sit in her car and listen to OU football.

I wonder how she will feel about the cans/bottles/butts/fast food trash/ broken windows/bent steering wheel adjustments to her new car?

I mean.............no reason to suspect I will behave any different in her car than I do in front of my TV, is there?

OUinFLA
8/2/2007, 06:10 AM
Lee RoysLee RoysLee RoysLee RoysLee RoysLee RoysLee RoysLee RoysLee RoysLee RoysLee RoysLee RoysLee RoysLee RoysLee RoysLee RoysLee RoysLee RoysLee RoysLee RoysLee RoysLee RoysLee RoysLee RoysLee RoysLee RoysLee RoysLee RoysLee RoysLee RoysLee RoysLee RoysLee RoysLee RoysLee RoysLee Roys

OK, OK, OK ! We will go to Lee Roy's this year. Pick a non-intense game and we will meet there. I refuse to go to an intense game out in public. I doubt if they have nerf balls and styro plates/cups for me to throw at the TV screen.

which is all my wife will allow me to have in the room after the Oregon game last year.

Sooner in Tampa
8/2/2007, 06:15 AM
OK, OK, OK ! We will go to Lee Roy's this year. Pick a non-intense game and we will meet there. I refuse to go to an intense game out in public. What is this non-intense OU football game you speak of ?:confused: ;)