PDA

View Full Version : Southerncollegesports.com BIG XII preview

SoonerBOI
8/1/2007, 06:05 PM
I know...I know we posted and read a lot of the previews. But hey 30 days to go and it's time for Oklahoma football! Boomer Sooner!
http://southerncollegesports.com/fb_07_preview_bigxii.html

MorningStar
8/1/2007, 06:27 PM
Pretty good write-up. The writer is certainly higher on the Sooners than most others. His suggestion that OU will run some plays out of the wishbone is interesting--however I'd be surprised if this happend. He kind of rags on Stoop's ability to gameplan defensively, though. I wonder how much input Bob actually gives in the defensive gamplan.

goingoneight
8/1/2007, 08:58 PM
Well, from what I know... having asked Switzer before how game-planning works; the coaches have a late night Saturday meeting to discuss the next week's opponent. They watch tape together all week long, they talk at practice... I'm sure any good head coach has the most to do with the defensive gameplan. 86 wins in 8 years tells me he does a fine job.

soonerinabilene
8/1/2007, 10:31 PM
The defensive line is also another strength leading a whole unit, but the real superstars of the defense are in the backfield.

Is he saying that the d-line is the leader of the d? I know we have good talent there, but no depth. I see the line as possibly being the weak link if someone goes down.

OSUAggie
8/2/2007, 09:18 AM
You're pretty deep at tackle. The ends will be pretty good. While the depth is unproven on the ends, there are still plenty of athletes that can play there.

Linebacker is my biggest ? for the OU defense. And having a safety step up.

Either way, it'll be at least a top-15 defense.

nmajdan
8/2/2007, 02:44 PM
Wow. They predict a 6-6 finish for TAMU.

silverwheels
8/2/2007, 02:49 PM
Wow. They predict a 6-6 finish for TAMU.

Considering their schedule and their head coach, it's entirely possible. I would even go so far as to say it's more likely than the Aggies winning 9 or 10 games this year.