PDA

View Full Version : Hey RF5, Royals in the market for a new manager

AllAboutThe'O'
8/1/2007, 04:44 PM
Buddy Bell to step down at the end of the season:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2957640

Mixer!
8/1/2007, 05:06 PM
Won't change anything until the Glass family decides to stop using the team for a tax write-off.

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/6634/415/320/5b_1.jpg

royalfan5
8/2/2007, 04:30 PM
Won't change anything until the Glass family decides to stop using the team for a tax write-off.

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/6634/415/320/5b_1.jpg
In case you haven't noticed the Glass family has pumped significant cash into the Royals over the past year, especially at the minor league level. The Royals now have the largest farm system in baseball, and over the long term that will make a difference.

Also, my money is on Terry Pendleton.

Mixer!
8/5/2007, 11:31 AM
In case you haven't noticed the Glass family has pumped significant cash into the Royals over the past year, especially at the minor league level. The Royals now have the largest farm system in baseball, and over the long term that will make a difference.

Also, my money is on Terry Pendleton.

Apologies rf, but I'll remain a skeptic until I see the Royals finish somewhere other than the cellar. Pendleton would be great, and I'll throw out another name: Dusty Baker.

royalfan5
8/5/2007, 08:19 PM
Apologies rf, but I'll remain a skeptic until I see the Royals finish somewhere other than the cellar. Pendleton would be great, and I'll throw out another name: Dusty Baker.
I don't want Dusty Baker anywhere near the Royals young pitchers.

There's a pretty decent chance the Royals will catch the White Sox for 4th by the end of the year, and chances are pretty good they will be picking outside the Top 5 this year. That's a pretty decent jump in a stacked division.

Cam
8/5/2007, 08:25 PM
For us Royals fans, this is a successful season. They've improved quite a bit over the last few years. They've had quite a few 1 and 2 run losses this season. Most of those would've been 5-6 run losses in years past.

AllAboutThe'O'
8/5/2007, 10:50 PM
For us Royals fans, this is a successful season. They've improved quite a bit over the last few years. They've had quite a few 1 and 2 run losses this season. Most of those would've been 5-6 run losses in years past.
Now, if they could just figure out how to win in Yankee Stadium, they'll really be going places.

Scott D
8/5/2007, 11:41 PM
I don't want Dusty Baker anywhere near the Royals young pitchers.

There's a pretty decent chance the Royals will catch the White Sox for 4th by the end of the year, and chances are pretty good they will be picking outside the Top 5 this year. That's a pretty decent jump in a stacked division.

I know this is the first time in years you guys aren't 20 games out by the start of August, but let's not go putting your carts before your horses now. ;)

Cam
8/6/2007, 08:26 PM
I know this is the first time in years you guys aren't 20 games out by the start of August, but let's not go putting your carts before your horses now. ;)
Don't take away our hope bastage. :mad: ;)