PDA

View Full Version : A good sign for the rest of the BIG XII

sooner n houston
8/1/2007, 02:34 PM
:texan: Hornfans is down. :texan:

Guess they are praticing for their first loss! :eek: :D

DalHorn
8/1/2007, 02:39 PM
surprise surprise. That site is really going down hill. It's already the slowest on the internets. And the moderators are weird.. That's why you see so many TEXAS fans on other sites. We don't have a good non-pay one.

goingoneight
8/1/2007, 04:49 PM
It's actually funny when they do that... but I know why they do it. It yields rumors and flaming when something comes up that you don't have any sure details on yet. Cowardice? Yes. It's essentially the same reason why coaches respond to questions with "no comment."
Another reason why I like Stoops and his staff, they're never speechless and always answer questions asked to them. If I could kick the agroids and whorns out whenever something bad happens, you KNOW I would.

Statalyzer
8/2/2007, 03:21 PM
It's actually funny when they do that... but I know why they do it. It yields rumors and flaming when something comes up that you don't have any sure details on yet. Cowardice? Yes. It's essentially the same reason why coaches respond to questions with "no comment."

You act like it shuts down because the Admins see somebody flaming and go "omg" and turn it off intentionally.

It happens during high-traffic times because the servers suck gigantic quantities of *** yet we keep using them. Although, usually when the site is "down" it isn't totally unuseable, you can use a favorites link or the browsing history to look at the individual forums.

Tear Down This Wall
8/2/2007, 03:55 PM
surprise surprise. That site is really going down hill. It's already the slowest on the internets. And the moderators are weird.. That's why you see so many TEXAS fans on other sites. We don't have a good non-pay one.

And, most of us like having you all here...if for nothing else, to remind us why we're not 'Horn fans :D

Anyway, I haven't been on their in years. LHGirlie banned me for posting that Derrick Strait was from Austin, but Mack overlooked him. Typical crap between our fans and your fans, you know. But, since it was in the middle of the five game losing streak to us, she shut me down.

And, also...let me register my compliant early about our site shutting down sometimes. Think about it:

(1) Shutting down an internet site won't make the Dickwheels of the Internet disappear. Just let them on and post as often as they want right after the game and the day after. Most of their posts go unanswered anyway and sink out of sight.

(2) As Devo once asked, "Are we not men?" The Longhorn site is run by a girl. So, are we men enough to defend our team in victory and defeat, or do we shut it down like the girls over at hornfans.

I submit that we are men, and as such, deal with the slings and arrow of outrageous fortune...and by opposing, end them...and such.

colleyvillesooner
8/2/2007, 03:58 PM
Why it's down this time:

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96904

DalHorn
8/2/2007, 04:22 PM
Anyway, I haven't been on their in years. LHGirlie banned me for posting that Derrick Strait was from Austin, but Mack overlooked him. Typical crap between our fans and your fans, you know. But, since it was in the middle of the five game losing streak to us, she shut me down.

the moderators there treat everyone the same whether you're from UT / OU / aggy in my experience. That is, very poorly. It's not an issue with you and your affiliation, it's really with them.

I don't get why a university that big, with that fanbase, doesn't have a cooler free site. insane.

Tear Down This Wall
8/2/2007, 04:38 PM
You'd think. But...