PDA

View Full Version : Gundy: We Plan To Beat OU

SoonerBOI
8/1/2007, 01:01 PM
During OSU's Caravan Tour stop in Tulsa a fan asked Gundy: "I just want to know if we're going to beat OU."

The audience erupted into thunderous cheers.

"That's what you want -- expectations," Gundy replied. "Why would you want to coach at a place where people didn't have expectations? We enjoy that. YES, beating OU is exactly what we plan on doing."

A couple of minutes later the same fan asked a question again. "How bad are we going to beat OU?"

Exhibiting perfect comedic timing, Gundy paused for a moment, then said, "Any other questions?"

Pricetag
8/1/2007, 01:08 PM
This is not what we wanted. This is not what we PLANNED today. . .
:les:

soonerinabilene
8/1/2007, 01:09 PM
I plan on winning the lottery. Doesn't mean anything. Although, any coach is going to say something along those lines when asked a question like that. Stoops always says something like, We plan on winning championships. Beating Texas is key part to that plan.

Flagstaffsooner
8/1/2007, 01:12 PM
During OSU's Caravan Tour stop in Tulsa a fan asked Gundy: "I just want to know if we're going to beat OU."

The audience erupted into sheep farts.

:D

sooner518
8/1/2007, 01:20 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v251/sooner518/farks/leterrip.jpg

NormanPride
8/1/2007, 01:23 PM
Every team we play will plan to beat us. To not do so would be ridiculous.

OUDoc
8/1/2007, 01:25 PM
Unless we plan on losing to aggy, someone's wrong. 78 times, it's been them.

Kray
8/1/2007, 01:27 PM
Everyone's got a plan until they get hit.

Jewstin
8/1/2007, 01:28 PM
"Won't it be AWESOME when we beat OU?" *crowd erupts*

"Are there going to be commemorative hats when we beat OU?" *crowd erupts*

"How much does OU suck and how much do we RULE?" *crowd erupts*

At that point I think Gundy would probably just crowd surf for half an hour.

Flagstaffsooner
8/1/2007, 01:28 PM
We Plan To Beat OU

With our greatest whatever.

http://bdb.co.za/shackle/images/sheep_racing.jpg

The_Red_Patriot
8/1/2007, 01:46 PM
Any questions about winning or competing for a big 12/national title?

No?

I guess Pokes only care if they beat OU or not. Go figure

the_ouskull
8/1/2007, 03:04 PM
Aggy... even the best-laid plans can go astray when you are faced with bigger, stronger, and faster competition in a limited space. I'm sure that, when Mike Tyson's cellmate got to prison, he wasn't planning on getting f*cked in the *ss.

Good luck though...

It wouldn't surprise me to see them lose to Baylor. I'm being completely serious.

the_ouskull

StanberryWasIn
8/1/2007, 03:27 PM
Today: "I plan to sleep with Claudia Schiffer this evening"

Tomorrow: "This is not what I wanted. It's not what I planned."

Boomer_Sooner_sax
8/1/2007, 04:10 PM
Planning is one thing, execution is another.

r5TPsooner
8/1/2007, 04:20 PM

The audience erupted into thunderous cheers.

"That's what you want -- expectations," Gundy replied. "Why would you want to coach at a place where people didn't have expectations? We enjoy that. YES, beating OU is exactly what we plan on doing."

A couple of minutes later the same fan asked a question again. "How bad are we going to beat OU?"

Exhibiting perfect comedic timing, Gundy paused for a moment, then said, "Any other questions?"

Well, his 2nd reply shows me that he's not a total moron.

goingoneight
8/1/2007, 04:28 PM
Gundy usually doesn't say anything wrong tot the media, it's generally coaches speak that you hear from everybody. Now the shower of agroid fans who show up to the caravan just so they can feel confident in buying Bed-dumb tickets? They're the laughable ones.

MikeInNorman
8/1/2007, 04:54 PM
Methinks Aggy better be planning to beat Georgia, first.

goingoneight
8/1/2007, 04:57 PM
:stunned: what r u tocking about we neede to be fokused on uo rite now!!1 :stunned:

MikeInNorman
8/1/2007, 05:10 PM
Predictably, the Annual Aggy Excuse Machine has already unlimbered for 2007. It seems, according to all of the Aggy arse-kissers on the air, that the Greatest Offense in the Universe will be crippled by the loss of Artrell Woods, who would have been Jerry Rice had not Aggy's S&C coach broken Artrell's back. I'm surprised Gundy didn't say, "Well, we were planning on beating OU, but that will have to wait until Artrell Woods has recovered."

This is, of course, like saying OU can't score because Manuel Johnson or Juaquin Igesias is injured. Actually, it's more like saying OU can't score because Corey Wilson or Ryan Broyles are hurt, since Johnson and Igesias have, you know, CAUGHT MORE THAN TWO CAREER PASSES.

birddog
8/1/2007, 05:23 PM
dem der fellers is all business!!

Seamus
8/1/2007, 05:38 PM
Custer: We plan on beating Crazy Horse.

LittleWingSooner
8/1/2007, 05:42 PM
Of course they plan to beat OU but those plans will all be gone when they are down 42-0 with 6 minutes left in the first half.

Zing
8/1/2007, 06:00 PM
"Won't it be AWESOME when we beat OU?" *crowd erupts*

"Are there going to be commemorative hats when we beat OU?" *crowd erupts*

"How much does OU suck and how much do we RULE?" *crowd erupts*

At that point I think Gundy would probably just crowd surf for half an hour.

Here I was thinkin' "man, that sure sounds like someone I know." then I read the username.

Didn't they even make shirts about 2003 or some year around there with the text "We know who REALLY won" on them? Hats would just follow suit. Or suits. Commemorative suits.

MiccoMacey
8/1/2007, 07:27 PM
Guys,

Not to incur the wrath of all the soonerfans posters, but...

They were extreeeeeemely close to beating us last year. We won, but it wasn't without a dramatic ending.

And I know that was at OSU, and this is a home game.

But to think it impossible that they could beat us isn't a real safe bet.

Or to believe that they shouldn't think they could beat us isn't the sanest comments I've seen on this board.

Just my .02 cents.

CatfishSooner
8/1/2007, 08:01 PM
zzz...

Soonerus
8/1/2007, 09:17 PM
pre-season bravado springs eternal....again....and again...and again...

OU-HSV
8/1/2007, 09:40 PM
Guys,

Not to incur the wrath of all the soonerfans posters, but...

They were extreeeeeemely close to beating us last year. We won, but it wasn't without a dramatic ending.

And I know that was at OSU, and this is a home game.

But to think it impossible that they could beat us isn't a real safe bet.

Or to believe that they shouldn't think they could beat us isn't the sanest comments I've seen on this board.

Just my .02 cents.
I think we all agree/understand what you're saying. It was close last year and has been closer in recent years than we would have liked to see (especially the 2 losses in recent years).
However, the point of this thread and the point of us making fun of these sheephumpers is that their main focus year in and year out is to beat us.
I don't know, call me crazy, but maybe they should set a goal of winning the Big 12 South :confused: Of course chances are they have to beat us to do so, but should wanting to beat us be as big of a deal as they make it each season?? Perhaps their main focus should be to get the "most powerfull offense in the world" ready to perform. :rolleyes:
As others have said, every team plans to win every game, they'd be nuts not to plan that.
Could you imagine going into our season with one main focus of only beating osu? Or one main focus of only beating Texass. Meaning we could lose every game on our schedule, but as long as we beat osu we're safe. I sure can't imagine that...our main focus is much more every season, win the conference and compete for the bcs national championship.
Anyways, I'm bored so thought I'd put some effort into this thread

wishbonesooner
8/1/2007, 09:43 PM
OSU fans hate OU more than they love OSU. The loser mentality is ingrained in them forever.

MiccoMacey
8/1/2007, 10:22 PM
HSV,

Thanks for the great comments.

And I agree, if the only team they care about beating is OU, then they get what they deserve...a lifetime of never winning a championship in football for caring more about "******" than the rest of the schedule.

I just don't get that that's the attitude from one guy asking if they plan to beat OU. This board is full of people talking about beating Texas. Do we care more about beating Texas than winning the Big Twelve? Absolutely not. But I could draw the same conclusion using the same logic.

And wishbone, I plan to be in your neck of the woods either Friday or Saturday. I believe I will be having the Rib dinner at Van's on Highland with my mom and dad. With the double-baked potato and garlic butter, Texas toast, beans and coleslaw. I may even have some rum cake after.

Delish. :)

Soonerus
8/1/2007, 10:25 PM
I'd be disappointed if Gundy did not say that...

snp
8/1/2007, 10:31 PM
Quick, someone ask Stoops if he plans on beating osu.

Soonerus
8/1/2007, 10:32 PM

exactly...

AlabamaSooner
8/1/2007, 11:27 PM
I can only imagine the funny signs in the student section this year with the word "plan" in it. :P Oh, the possibilities.

illinisooner
8/2/2007, 12:15 AM
I would hope that he plans on beating OU. In fact, I would hope that any coach plans on beating whatever team they're playing. Do some coaches plan on losing? In the words of Herm Edwards, "You play to win the game! Hello!"

insuranceman_22
8/2/2007, 12:21 AM
All this banter is just banter, dammit I'm ready for kickoff!

Jewstin
8/2/2007, 02:11 AM
I can only imagine the funny signs in the student section this year with the word "plan" in it. :P Oh, the possibilities.

EVERY
SOONER
PLANS
... ... NUCLEAR

EACH
STATE UNIVERSITY
PLANS TO BEAT OKLAHOMA EVERY YEAR, BUT
NO! THEY SHAN'T DEFEAT US.

Or, my personal favorite:

Automatic
Bat
Crap

MichiganSooner
8/2/2007, 07:34 AM
The sheephumper's mind: Gundy replied, " The past 2 seasons we hoped to beat OU but planned on losing to OU; this year, we plan to beat OU."

At the game last year every single time that OU called a timeout, the aggies near me got worried sick. Comments like, "oh no, they called a timeout; their coaches know exactly what they are doing; I hope ours do". And then OU had a big play on either offense or defense to prove aggies' worries as true.

meoveryouxinfinity
8/2/2007, 07:58 AM
OU fans collectively don't really care. Instead it would be "hey, coach, we gonna' beat the horns?"
I guess that's why we (OU fans) find OSU's obsession kind of funny. The feeling is not mutual. OU and Texas are both involved in the obsession/hate, and therefore all comments made are justifiable.

aurorasooner
8/2/2007, 08:10 AM
Maybe aggie fans think Boone gave Gundy "the book"
http://img451.imageshack.us/img451/7418/screenshot099rj7.jpg

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/2/2007, 08:14 AM
Actually I could handle losing to OsU if we won a National Title but seriously losing to OsU and winning a National Title isn't a sentence that happens often.

Salt City Sooner
8/2/2007, 02:18 PM
This is not what we wanted. This is not what we PLANNED today. . .
:les:
Obligatory http://youtube.com/watch?v=_a0o9LBCd7Q post.....:D

Kray
8/2/2007, 02:47 PM
And I agree, if the only team they care about beating is OU, then they get what they deserve...a lifetime of never winning a championship in football for caring more about "******" than the rest of the schedule.

The fans, at least a good majority of them, probably care more about beating OU than anything else. The coaches know different, and also know that OSU's best recent season, (Lester's Cotton Bowl year) involved a pummeling in Norman.

OSU won't get over the hump until it decides that beating us is just part of it. Many fans would prefer the 2001 season where they beat us but had a losing record to the Cotton Bowl year, and it makes no sense.

As to this season, the game is in Norman and we should win it. However, I'd love to take some action with whoever predicted a 40-point blowout. :)

OU-HSV
8/2/2007, 06:48 PM
HSV,

Thanks for the great comments.

I just don't get that that's the attitude from one guy asking if they plan to beat OU. This board is full of people talking about beating Texas. Do we care more about beating Texas than winning the Big Twelve? Absolutely not. But I could draw the same conclusion using the same logic.

And wishbone, I plan to be in your neck of the woods either Friday or Saturday. I believe I will be having the Rib dinner at Van's on Highland with my mom and dad. With the double-baked potato and garlic butter, Texas toast, beans and coleslaw. I may even have some rum cake after.

Delish. :)
No problem, I had to chip in a little, I'm having football withdrawls...come on September!

SoonerDood
8/3/2007, 12:59 AM
This is, of course, like saying OU can't score because Manuel Johnson or Juaquin Igesias is injured. Actually, it's more like saying OU can't score because Corey Wilson or Ryan Broyles are hurt, since Johnson and Igesias have, you know, CAUGHT MORE THAN TWO CAREER PASSES.

And here I was, thinking I was crazy for never having heard of Artie Woods. Aggy Hype Machine truly is in full force.

setem
8/3/2007, 01:06 AM
They can plan all they want! **** aint gonna happen!

stoopified
8/3/2007, 04:59 AM
BAA

CincySooner
8/3/2007, 09:39 AM

To which the answer should be... "are they on the schedule? Then yes, we plan on beating them"

SoonerBOI
11/24/2007, 08:26 PM
oooooops.:D

ruf/nekdad
11/24/2007, 09:08 PM
The best laid plans of mice & sheep humpers...

bluedogok
11/24/2007, 09:14 PM
What is the old saying, something like failure is what happens when a poorly thought of plan meets reality?

mightysooner
11/24/2007, 09:50 PM
It would appear Allen Patrick didn't get Gundy's memo....

Animal Mother
11/24/2007, 10:59 PM
I wonder if Gumby uses that gel for "lubricant" when he "works" on sheep???

Piware
11/25/2007, 01:17 AM
Custer: We plan on beating Crazy Horse.

Hitler: We plan to defeat the Allies

PrideTrombone
11/25/2007, 02:01 AM
Dewey: I plan to defeat Truman.

the_ouskull
11/25/2007, 08:05 PM
Stillwater Sheep: I plan to graduate college a virgin.
Pistol Pete: I plan to leave Norman, Oklahoma a virgin in 2007.
Mike Gundy: I'm a man! I plan on staying a man.

Poooooor Aggies...

the_ouskull