PDA

View Full Version : "The Hat Thing"

Zing
8/1/2007, 05:13 AM
I was looking through some clips up on youtube and came across Murray's commit video - where he picks up USC's cap, fakes to his head before dropping it, and then puts on OU's cap.

Now, I don't know how common it was before, but is it just me or does it happen ALL THE TIME now?

Now... someone putting on the first hat and keeping it on their noggin. That would be a show. :pop:

OUHOMER
8/1/2007, 06:48 AM
seems to be the thing to do now a days.

sooneron
8/1/2007, 07:17 AM
I seem to remember XLK pulling the same thing.

OU4LIFE
8/1/2007, 09:18 AM
I seem to remember XLK pulling the same thing.

right before he cried

Howzit
8/1/2007, 11:13 AM
OU4Life started the hat dealio in the 80's.

snp
8/1/2007, 12:50 PM
Yea, it's pretty "in" right now.

I hate it.

soonerinabilene
8/1/2007, 12:54 PM
Emmitt Smith wore a Nebraska wind suit the day he signed with Florida. Nebraska wasnt even recruiting him.

SoonerGators
8/1/2007, 12:55 PM
I'm waiting for the guy who lays out two or more LOI's on the table, then signs one, holds it up for everyone to see, then rips it in half and signs with another team

NormanPride
8/1/2007, 01:22 PM
I'm waiting for the guy who lays out two or more LOI's on the table, then signs one, holds it up for everyone to see, then rips it in half and signs with another team

You're thinking too small. Five LOIs. All from his official visits. In shock, the audience watches as he signs all five, then proceeds to pour gasoline all over the table. Striking a match, the recruit then burns every single LOI as he jumps on the now flaming table. Pausing for dramatic effect, he rips off his shirt, showing a logo tattoo for a previously unmentioned powerhouse.

Now THAT's the way to sign.

soonerlaw
8/1/2007, 01:25 PM
I liked the guy who basically said "All those talks with Reggie Bush made me chose USC.. whoops."

Jewstin
8/1/2007, 01:32 PM
Or what if a recruit takes it even further and actually signs with a school, transfers there, and as he's starting to walk out onto the practice field stops and says, "ohhh, you guys got PUNK'D (tm), I'm going with LSU" and rips off his jersey to reveal LSU's.

At which point Les Miles comes in and tackles everyone.

snp
8/1/2007, 02:44 PM
If anyone ever pulled that crap on Ogreron he would set their state on fire and headbutt every player on the team.

Jewstin
8/1/2007, 03:04 PM
If anyone ever pulled that crap on Ogreron he would set their state on fire and headbutt every player on the team.

Coach O rips his shirt offfff ... and this is what he said: "YOUGH YOUGH YOUGH YAUGHHHHH YOAGH. YAUGH YAUGH .... FEWTBALL."

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
8/1/2007, 03:23 PM
You're thinking too small. Five LOIs. All from his official visits. In shock, the audience watches as he signs all five, then proceeds to pour gasoline all over the table. Striking a match, the recruit then burns every single LOI as he jumps on the now flaming table. Pausing for dramatic effect, he rips off his shirt, showing a logo tattoo for a previously unmentioned powerhouse.

Now THAT's the way to sign.It doesn't seem we often agree, but I would applaud such a display of inflammatory theatrics.

goingoneight
8/1/2007, 04:36 PM
How about the kids expolre their oppurtunities, and "commit." You know, be a man and make a commitment? Guys get too tied up in making the presses when all that matters is what they do in the crimson and cream. Truthfully speaking, if you choose UT over OU on signing day, we won't give a shat about you... in fact, we'll hate you if anything for being such a jerkoff. I like DeMarco Murray a lot, but I worried about him being "Mr. Big Shot" when I watched him do that on NBC.
I kinda wish the coaches would at least recommend that they be classy about their announcement... but a lot of them, Lester being the main one, stare with a ****-eating grin the whole time. The coaches and their assistants KNOW if he's coming or not... because they have to make trips for pressers and stuff.

snp
8/1/2007, 10:13 PM
Demarcus Granger feinted at taking the Texas hat before he selected the Sooner hat as well.

critical_phil
8/1/2007, 10:55 PM
i faked signing with OCCC but picked UCO when filling out my GI Bill paperwork.