PDA

View Full Version : I'd post this on Insider if I could...

the_ouskull
7/31/2007, 09:42 PM
...but it'll have to be here. Call it an "exclusive," but for everybody who's as tired as I am of hearing all of the pewling and moaning about our losing Scottie Reynolds, it's music to my ears.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/columns/story?columnist=katz_andy&id=2954205

the_ouskull

SOONER STEAKER
8/2/2007, 12:40 PM
I'd still like to have Scotty Reynolds in Crimson and Cream though.

snp
8/8/2007, 04:54 PM
I don't care how he does in international competiton. I care about this (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player/profile?playerId=31880)

Big Red Ron
8/8/2007, 11:00 PM
Skull, I love usually love your stuff. You call it like it is but I think you've missed the boat on this one. Scottie is an established NCAA star. What he did as a true freshman at Nova was 100% better than what we were throwing out there.

We were a Scottie Reynolds away from the NCAA Tourney last season. I just hope Leary turns into a solid PG for us; I don't think I can bear to watch Johnson get manhandled for 20 minutes before completely running out of gas.

stoopified
8/9/2007, 09:18 AM
Skull, I love usually love your stuff. You call it like it is but I think you've missed the boat on this one. Scottie is an established NCAA star. What he did as a true freshman at Nova was 100% better than what we were throwing out there.

We were a Scottie Reynolds away from the NCAA Tourney last season. I just hope Leary turns into a solid PG for us; I don't think I can bear to watch Johnson get manhandled for 20 minutes before completely running out of gas.
Sorry Skull gotta agree with BRR on this one.

the_ouskull
8/9/2007, 12:54 PM
No, don't get me wrong, I agree with him too, but, frankly, he's not coming here, and he's neeeeeever going to. I'm a lot more ****ed at the people that can't let him go than I am him for backing out of his commitment. So, basically, the guy doesn't walk amongst the clouds all of the time, and it's nice to let others see that as well. That's all. I'd love to have him here too, but, bottom line: We don't. We won't. Get over it. That's the message that I'm sending with this post... which is why I'd have posted it over at Insider if I were able. Talk about a bunch of easily-led zombified chuckleheads...

We do what the elder posters say 'cause they're smart and can ban us. Durrrrrr.

Most of the really read-worthy posters over there are more full of themselves than I am, and, frankly, that's saying something... At least I know the game. Hell, with any luck, I'll be coaching it in a few months.

With any REAL luck I'll be able to develop the next Longar Longar. That'll take about an hour and a half. Next! :D

the_ouskull

snp
8/9/2007, 01:18 PM
I don't frequent the bboards too much in the offseason but are people really still complaining about Reynolds?

the_ouskull
8/9/2007, 10:12 PM
Beats me, I haven't been over there, but I think that complaining about him at all was bad enough... To be upset over what we DON'T have is to waste what we DO have.

the_ouskull

King Crimson
8/10/2007, 08:00 AM
Talk about a bunch of easily-led zombified chuckleheads...

Most of the really read-worthy posters over there are more full of themselves
the_ouskull

no kidding. how many starting roster threads can you possibly have? at some point the possibilities of combinations becomes finite and exhausted. but, that won't stop a new thread from being started. no way!

Omar Leary is apparently a combo of Magic Johnson and Joe Dumars but a better outside shooter (with a little Quannas in the mix)--that no one has ever seen play.

the_ouskull
8/12/2007, 10:12 PM
Being banned from there sucked in that there isn't a lot of basketball talk over here, but it was good in that, the INSTANT it happened, I gained like, 30 IQ points... :D

the_ouskull

Big Red Ron
8/12/2007, 10:33 PM
In all honesty, we don't need Leary to be part magic and Dumars, yada, yada...we just need him to be physical and smart with the ball. Make a jumper here and there but get the ball to our bigs. That's "all." Apparently too much to ask from anyone who tried last year.