PDA

View Full Version : Did the AG lie?

SoonerKnight
7/30/2007, 05:06 PM
Just curious if anyone else thinks the Attorney General is another example of the Bush administration trying to get around the laws in this country.:pop:

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
7/30/2007, 05:08 PM
Yes, of course. Keep the AG office busy with investigations, so they won't be able to do any investigations of their own.

SoonerKnight
7/30/2007, 05:11 PM
I think that is the point they don't do their job!

Yes, of course. Keep the AG office busy with investigations, so they won't be able to do any investigations of their own.

7/30/2007, 05:13 PM
I think that is the point they don't do their job!And I guess you are buying it. OK! You're not alone.

GrapevineSooner
7/30/2007, 05:15 PM
When even Jonah Goldberg is willing to admit the possibility that Gonzo (Alberto, not Proud) purjured himself...

7/30/2007, 05:17 PM
When even Jonah Goldberg is willing to admit the possibility that Gonzo (Alberto, not Proud) purjured himself...Who's next on the list? I'm thinking Carl Rove, again.

SicEmBaylor
7/30/2007, 05:20 PM
He's a corrupt hack who, aside from being corrupt, simply isn't very good at his job.

7/30/2007, 05:24 PM
He's a corrupt hack who, aside from being corrupt, simply isn't very good at his job.And you can say he's corrupt, because...? Apparently, at least so far, the POTUS and Gonzalez himself still want him in the job. So, the congress will just have to continue the investigations, and they apparently want to do that.

Vaevictis
7/30/2007, 05:29 PM
And you can say he's corrupt, because...?

He's a politician. That fact alone indicates pretty good odds of corruption.

GrapevineSooner
7/30/2007, 05:32 PM
Apparently, at least so far, the POTUS and Gonzalez himself still want him in the job.

When Bush starts to demand accountability from some of his minions in his cabinet, this support will mean something.

"You're doing a heckuva job, Gonzo!"

Hatfield
7/30/2007, 05:53 PM
And you can say he's corrupt, because...? Apparently, at least so far, the POTUS and Gonzalez himself still want him in the job. So, the congress will just have to continue the investigations, and they apparently want to do that.

they would leave him alone if he would answer some questions and not stonewall them...well that and if what he says would not contradict what he has previously said.

come on RLIMC, do you really support gonzo and how he has handled this whole deal?

StoopTroup
7/30/2007, 06:16 PM
Rove is one heckaof a rapper....

7/30/2007, 06:17 PM
they would leave him alone if he would answer some questions and not stonewall them...well that and if what he says would not contradict what he has previously said.

come on RLIMC, do you really support gonzo and how he has handled this whole deal?Do you really think the investigation is something other than another political witch hunt?

sanantoniosooner
7/30/2007, 06:38 PM
Did the AG lie?
When he said he was just helping the sheep over the fence?

yes.

Mongo
7/30/2007, 06:49 PM
I thought AG got baned for a WAYJOT thread

SoonerKnight
7/30/2007, 07:10 PM
Yes, I do think this investigation is more than a witch hunt when he won't answer the question!!!! If you didn't do anything wrong then you don't have to stonewall. RLIMH you think the FBI director contradicting Gonzo's testimony is no big deal? If anything it shows the AG is not competent.

Do you really think the investigation is something other than another political witch hunt?

Hatfield
7/30/2007, 07:37 PM
Do you really think the investigation is something other than another political witch hunt?

what i really think is that he is incompetent...and he has turned this into a spectacle when it didn't need to be one, and i think he is doing the white house and the repubs a disservice by staying in office and continuing to flounder

and let's say for the sake of argument that the investigation is a witch hunt, it still doesn't excuse the utter contempt and incompetence the ag has shown.

when this whole thing started over the firing, i thought it was foolish and he should have just said yeah we fired em so what...but instead he chose to go down this crazy path and now i feel he deserves what he gets...and as much of it as comes because he put himself here.

it is just disgusting to me to watch the top lawman in the country acting with such disregard for the truth.

usmc-sooner
7/30/2007, 07:39 PM
Yes, I do think this investigation is more than a witch hunt when he won't answer the question!!!! If you didn't do anything wrong then you don't have to stonewall. RLIMH you think the FBI director contradicting Gonzo's testimony is no big deal? If anything it shows the AG is not competent.

you seem to be about as new to politics as you are to the board. Your posting about political **** a feverish pace, most of this **** has been discussed ad nauseum about a million times already.

My advice to you is to chill, Bush won't be re-elected and the next guy or gawd help us girl, is going to come in and guess what, nothings going to change.

soonerloyal
7/30/2007, 07:42 PM
At this point, if his lips are moving...YES, he's lying.

What a nutsack. The TOP Law Enforcement Guy in the Nation, lying under oath. Jeebus.

Somebody, wake me when Bush is out of office. Why did I vote for him twice, again? Oh yeah, Lurch Traitorface was the other choice. Egad - Dumb and Dumber.

SoonerKnight
7/30/2007, 07:45 PM
I am not new to politics and I am not a Liberal but I can not stand what Bush is doing. No, Bush won't be re-elected because he can't but if we get his clone in there then we will have more of the same. As for chilling I spent 6 years in the military and continue to serve my country. I will continue to speak out because I am curious if I am alone in feeling the way I do! I want to see change not more apathy from people saying: "The next guy or gawd help us girl, is going to come in and guess what, nothings going to change."

you seem to be about as new to politics as you are to the board. Your posting about political **** a feverish pace, most of this **** has been discussed ad nauseum about a million times already.

My advice to you is to chill, Bush won't be re-elected and the next guy or gawd help us girl, is going to come in and guess what, nothings going to change.

usmc-sooner
7/30/2007, 07:49 PM
At this point, if his lips are moving...YES, he's lying.

What a nutsack. The TOP Law Enforcement Guy in the Nation, lying under oath. Somebody, wake me when Bush is out of office.

Did you have a problem when the CIC lied under oath during the Clinton Admin?

And for the record I would've lied too. You guys have jumped on this media driven hate Bush bandwagon, and you've ridden it beyond the point of having any common sense.

I will guarentee you that your lives haven't changed one bit since he took office or they are probably better. Even if your lives were altered they weren't changed as much as mine, and although I don't agree with him on some issues (immigration) I think he's a good man put in an extremely hard position. It's pretty easy be an armchair QB when you don't actually have to sit in the fire.

usmc-sooner
7/30/2007, 07:52 PM
I am not new to polotics and I am not a Liberal but I can not stand what Bush is doing. No, Bush won't be re-elected because he can't but if we get his clone in there then we will have more of the same. As for chilling I spent 6 years in the military and continue to serve my country. I will continue to speak out because I am curious if I am alone in feeling the way I do! I want to see change not more apathy from people saying: "The next guy or gawd help us girl, is going to come in and guess what, nothings going to change."

well Mr. Military/Polotics :D you just holler at me when the big change comes, cause it hasn't happened in the last 32 years.

SoonerKnight
7/30/2007, 07:54 PM
I have a problem with Bush and how he is doing his job! I have a problem with him because he is "The Commander Guy!" and Clinton has been out of office for a long time now. Everything that is going on now has to do with the man that stated "On the first day during the first minute of the first hour in office I am going to reinstate truth and honesty into the White House."

I am still waiting!:pop:

And for the record I would've lied too. You guys have jumped on this media driven hate Bush bandwagon, and you've ridden it beyond the point of having any common sense.

I will guarentee you that your lives haven't changed one bit since he took office or they are probably better. Even if your lives were altered they weren't changed as much as mine, and although I don't agree with him on some issues (immigration) I think he's a good man put in an extremely hard position. It's pretty easy be an armchair QB when you don't actually have to sit in the fire.

SoonerKnight
7/30/2007, 07:55 PM
Fixed!

well Mr. Military/Polotics :D you just holler at me when the big change comes, cause it hasn't happened in the last 32 years.

usmc-sooner
7/30/2007, 07:58 PM
I have a problem with Bush and how he is doing his job! I have a problem with him because he is "The Commander Guy!" and Clinton has been out of office for a long time now. Everything that is going on now has to do with the man that stated "On the first day during the first minute of the first hour in office I am going to reinstate truth and honesty into the White House."

I am still waiting!:pop:

do you not know how to reply with the quote? You're doing it all funky and backwards.

anyways you got a little over a year and then poof all the truth and honesty will be back in the White House

SoonerKnight
7/30/2007, 08:12 PM
I do it my way with the quotes. By the way I have been watching the board for awhile just spent most of my time annoying the Texas board until I got banned.:D As for the truth and honesty yeah ok! I'm just pointing to the fact that Bush lied then and continues to do it and isn't worth the money we waste on him and neither is Cheney.

do you not know how to reply with the quote? You're doing it all funky and backwards.

anyways you got a little over a year and then poof all the truth and honesty will be back in the White House

Ike
7/30/2007, 08:36 PM
Is it a political witch hunt? Every bit as much as BJ-gate. And just like BJ-gate, the subject of the witch hunt seems far more interested in covering his own *** than the truth. The only difference is that gonzo isn't near as good at this as slick willie.

SoonerKnight
7/30/2007, 08:43 PM
Is it a political witch hunt? Every bit as much as BJ-gate. And just like BJ-gate, the subject of the witch hunt seems far more interested in covering his own *** than the truth. The only difference is that gonzo isn't near as good at this as slick willie.

That is for sure. Nobody beats Slick Willie! Nobody!!!:pop: :D

JohnnyMack
7/30/2007, 09:20 PM

I'm not on a media driven hate W bandwagon. In fact I was very supportive of W and his actions post 09/11 and his prompt invasion of Afghanistan. It was his unyielding urge to invade Iraq that I disagreed with from the beginning.

soonerloyal
7/30/2007, 09:29 PM
With all respect due a Marine, I haven't jumped snot, Sir. I posted that I did indeed have a problem with Clinton lying under oath. I posted several times that I have a problem with anyone, regardless of party, not behaving honorably in the position of CinC and on down. This isn't partisan. I am not under the illusion that when a Democrat takes office, things will be Kumbayah and Gummi Bears. There's been little difference with a lot of things the last 32 years, true, but there's been hella difference with others. I used to think he was a good man, and none of us can say either way with 100% certainty because we're not God. But I won't sit still, suck it up and say nothing when I see him s***canning common sense, Constitutional integrity and the lives of my sons and your Brothers, with little to no regard for the opinions and reccommendation of boots on the ground and Commanders in the field.

I didn't raise stupid Marines, and they didn't get whelped by an idiot either. No media tells my six what to think. As for armchairing, it's a good point. But I'm not telling him how to run the country. I'm telling him he's screwing up, and that's my right and my obligation. As for discussing what's going on in Iraq, I imagine you'd take other Marines' views with some sort of seriousness? Part of my change of heart has been because of what Marines have said to me, now that they're no longer censured by being on active duty. I'd be happy to pass what they say along. And as for my life changing, or the lives of my sons...I'll have you take that up with my oldest Marine, who spent his deployment driving his Colonel through the bowels of Fallujah, Ramadi and other toilets in Iraq, scrambling under Humvees fixing busted parts so the platoon wouldn't get blown to bits, and watching his Brothers not come home. Tell him his life's better. And then explain to me why he says he'd "gladly fight in the 'Ghan", or anywhere else they "really should be."

Might we please take facts, point by point, and try to hash out a discussion, rather than resorting to accusatory "bandwagonning" jabs?

Jerk
7/30/2007, 09:37 PM
With all respect due a Marine, I haven't jumped snot, Sir. I posted that I did indeed have a problem with Clinton lying under oath. I posted several times that I have a problem with anyone, regardless of party, not behaving honorably in the position of CinC and on down. This isn't partisan. I am not under the illusion that when a Democrat takes office, things will be Kumbayah and Gummi Bears. There's been little difference with a lot of things the last 32 years, true, but there's been hella difference with others. I used to think he was a good man, and none of us can say either way with 100% certainty because we're not God. But I won't sit still, suck it up and say nothing when I see him s***canning common sense, Constitutional integrity and the lives of my sons and your Brothers, with little to no regard for the opinions and reccommendation of boots on the ground and Commanders in the field.

I didn't raise stupid Marines, and they didn't get whelped by an idiot either. No media tells my six what to think. As for armchairing, it's a good point. But I'm not telling him how to run the country. I'm telling him he's screwing up, and that's my right and my obligation. As for discussing what's going on in Iraq, I imagine you'd take other Marines' views with some sort of seriousness? Part of my change of heart has been because of what Marines have said to me, now that they're no longer censured by being on active duty. I'd be happy to pass what they say along. And as for my life changing, or the lives of my sons...I'll have you take that up with my oldest Marine, who spent his deployment driving his Colonel through the bowels of Fallujah, Ramadi and other toilets in Iraq, scrambling under Humvees fixing busted parts so the platoon wouldn't get blown to bits, and watching his Brothers not come home. Tell him his life's better.

Might we please take facts, point by point, and try to hash out a discussion, rather than resorting to accusatory "bandwagonning" jabs?

I guess you haven't kept up with the recent news from Iraq. But you might not like it.

We're making great progress and we are going to win this war...that is, if the Democrats don't cut and run, first, and let millions of people get slaughtered. You know, kind of like they did back in Vietnam.

soonerloyal
7/30/2007, 09:49 PM
Yeah, anybody who doesn't "stay the course", is a "cutnrun"ner. Blah, blah, blah. No, I haven't kept up with the news from Iraq, just the words from the boots on the ground. *rolls eyes* Whatsamatter, buddy...can't fathom that a patriot might find a chink in the fake armor that this President wants us to believe is inpenetrable? The boys over there are winning the battles, but are standing on political quicksand.

*sigh*

Same Old Tired S***. Yeah, I get the 'Nam reference. My family was in the thick of it. It's a bogus argument, but I'll give you a point for trying. It would be cute, that tired old line of "you might not like it". But it's stupid telling that to the mother of two men who were there. Yep, like I'm all over the idea that we should lose. *yawn*

jk the sooner fan
7/30/2007, 09:56 PM
you might want to read this (http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/30/opinion/30pollack.html?_r=2&oref=slogin&pagewanted=print&oref=slogin)

and its from about as liberal a paper as you'll find

so all 6 of your kids are marines? did i read that right?

jk the sooner fan
7/30/2007, 10:01 PM
That is for sure. Nobody beats Slick Willie! Nobody!!!:pop: :D

perhaps he's not nearly as dumb as you think...... (http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2007/07/018058.php)

soonerloyal
7/30/2007, 10:19 PM
Six? No Sir. Two out of three, yes.

And in case any of you think I'm not patriotic, or that I'm just whining because my boys were in danger, I'll give you this. I wrote it way back when. Took me a while to find one of the links; I'm surprised it was still findable LOL. I was sure proud when I wrote it. I still stand by most of it. I just question now how part of Iraq, and this Admin, is being handled.

http://phoenixrising.typepad.com/weblog/2004/04/mandatory_readi.html

Harry Beanbag
7/30/2007, 10:32 PM
you might want to read this (http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/30/opinion/30pollack.html?_r=2&oref=slogin&pagewanted=print&oref=slogin)

This sounds familiar. Politicians are worthless everywhere I suppose.

In particular, we still face huge hurdles on the political front. Iraqi politicians of all stripes continue to dawdle and maneuver for position against one another when major steps towards reconciliation — or at least accommodation — are needed.

OklahomaTuba
7/30/2007, 10:39 PM
The Iraqi politicians are enough to make me want to retreat. And now that they announced they will be on vacation for a whole month, it just makes me f'kn sick.

If we weren't fighting AQ and Iran, I would say let them have at it.

SoonerKnight
7/30/2007, 10:43 PM
I think the point is Baghdad is not secure and the unemployment rate is over 90%. They can not even get the garbage picked up because of the snipers killing garbage men. As long as the insurgents keep paying starving people to plant IED's then we will be in a fight. There was an article I read the other day (If I can find a link I will post it) that said the Iraqi government is refusing to take over programs that the U.S. wants to turn over and the programs that have been turned over have degraded quick under Iraqi government control.

I agree we should stay in Iraq for a little while longer based on security issues with the region. I do not think we should have invaded in the first place. I also belive that we should make the Government in Iraq take more control over their country so we can leave. I have heard the Democrats say if we start to pull out then the Iraqi's will have to take control of their country! I agree! I also think that it has been four years and little has changed there.

I have not heard anyone say that Afghanistan was a war wrongly fought. Neither Dem nor Repub! I have heard Republican's say stay the course over and over. I guess if your in a motor boat and the engine blows up you break out the oars. If the Oars break you just hope for the best?

OklahomaTuba
7/30/2007, 10:45 PM
Is it a political witch hunt? Every bit as much as BJ-gate.

Now if only Bush could just sexually harass someone, pardon a terrorist supporter after donating to his library, he might just end up capturing the heart of libz like Bubba did!

KABOOKIE
7/30/2007, 10:45 PM
Just curious if anyone else thinks the Attorney General is another example of the Bush administration trying to get around the laws in this country.:pop:

LAS?

GrapevineSooner
7/30/2007, 10:47 PM
The Iraqi politicians are enough to make me want to retreat. And now that they annoucned they will be on vacation for a whole month makes me f'kn sick.

If we weren't fighting AQ and Iran, I would say let them have at it.

I don't profess to be a military expert.

But the way I see it, our men and women could fight as admirably as possible and have the best plans laid out by their highest commanders in Iraq.

But unless the people of Iraq and the leaders of the knew government take their roles seriously, it really won't matter.

OklahomaTuba
7/30/2007, 10:51 PM
I agree we should stay in Iraq for a little while longer based on security issues with the region. I do not think we should have invaded in the first place. I also belive that we should make the Government in Iraq take more control over their country so we can leave. I have heard the Democrats say if we start to pull out then the Iraqi's will have to take control of their country! I agree! I also think that it has been four years and little has changed there.
No one disagrees with that. We have only one part of this mission left to accomplish, and that is stablizing the country.

Unfortunatly, AQ and Iran are also making that difficult for us. We can't run away from that. 9/11 proved we can't run home and stick our head in the sand hoping all will be ok.

OklahomaTuba
7/30/2007, 10:56 PM
I don't profess to be a military expert.

But the way I see it, our men and women could fight as admirably as possible and have the best plans laid out by their highest commanders in Iraq.

But unless the people of Iraq and the leaders of the knew government take their roles seriously, it really won't matter.

Agreed.

Iraq won't be won militarily. It has to be won politically. Unfortunatly for Iraqis, we can't keep giving them all the time in the world to figure this out. A donk gets in the Whitehouse and raises the white flag, and you can pretty much guarentee a bloodbath beyond anything we have ever seen will take place in Iraq.

soonerloyal
7/30/2007, 11:07 PM
Now if only Bush could just sexually harass someone, pardon a terrorist supporter after donating to his library, he might just end up capturing the heart of libz like Bubba did!

Yeah, good counterpoint. Touched so well on the intricate facts brought up throughout the thread.

Thanks for sharing!

Homer: By the way, I was being sarcastic.
Marge: Well, duh.

Vaevictis
7/30/2007, 11:44 PM
... and you can pretty much guarentee a bloodbath beyond anything we have ever seen will take place in Iraq.

Hyperbole much?

(I mean, really. In WWII, something like 72 million people died. Iraq doesn't even have 30 million people in it.)

And they seem pretty damned determined to have a bloodbath with or without us; I expect that it's going to happen no matter when we leave. From my point of view, we're probably just delaying the inevitable... and flushing money and men down the toilet in the meantime.

Octavian
7/31/2007, 12:28 AM
I guess you haven't kept up with the recent news from Iraq. But you might not like it.

We're making great progress and we are going to win this war...

It's nice to hear some good news out of Iraq...no doubt. Hopefully, he's right. But considering the source, I'm gonna call BS based on the authors' track records.

The guys who wrote that NYT piece....the self described "harsh critics of the Bush Administration and the Iraq policy"....the so-called liberals....they're not.

O'Hanlan is a conservative intellectual who's held the same sugar coated assessments of Iraq throughout the whole process. It's nothing new from him.

I hope he's right...but if they are correct this time around....it'll be the first time.

O'Hanlan's Rosy Iraq Views (http://www.salon.com/opinion/greenwald/2007/07/30/brookings/index.html).

O'Hanlan is just another in an incredibly sad, long line of "experts" who made peaches and cream predictions and have since retreated into the role of cautious apologist.

A few things O'Hanlan previously said about Bush, Cheney, and the Iraq mission:

2003-04:

the counterinsurgency effort is going fairly well.....My impression is it's (the troop levels) roughly sufficient.

:O

To convince a skeptical public about progress in Iraq, the Bush administration would do well to provide more systematic information on all of these and other measurable metrics routinely -- even when certain trends do not support the story it wants to sell.

The administration should want to do this, because on balance the Iraq mission is going fairly well....most indicators are now favorable in Iraq...

In my judgment the administration is basically correct that the overall effort in Iraq is succeeding...

That said, on the prognosis of Iraq's future, the Bush administration is at least partly and perhaps even mostly right.

Will war colleges around the world be teaching the basic coalition strategy to their students decades from now, or will the conflict be seen as a case in which overwhelming military capability prevailed over a mediocre army from a mid-sized developing country?

that's sad.

Whether the overall concept deserves to be called brilliant is debatable. But it does appear to have been clever in several specific ways...but it has been a very good plan.

sadder.

....the battle for Baghdad will almost surely not last more than a week or two. And its hero will be the American and British soldier, not fancy technology or awesome battle plans.

...and that sounds like Hannity or John Gibson.

yeah, none of that was right....and it just goes on and on like that for pages.

But now....hey, we should listen to them.

Should be home by Christmas. Meet the new opinion....same as the old opinion.

Octavian
7/31/2007, 12:39 AM
Iraq won't be won militarily. It has to be won politically.

we pessimistic defeatists have been saying that for 4 years.

welcome aboard. :D

SoonerKnight
7/31/2007, 12:55 AM
we pessimistic defeatists have been saying that for 4 years.

welcome aboard. :D

check this out:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20043428/

:pop:

SoonerKnight
7/31/2007, 01:02 AM
check this link out!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20010707/site/newsweek/

usmc-sooner
7/31/2007, 07:26 AM
LAS?

no he just works in the same building with him. :D

usmc-sooner
7/31/2007, 07:28 AM
there was a guy on CNN yesterday, who was saying that we are doing much better in Iraq than what is being reported. He was saying he thinks we are doing well and on our way to accomplishing our goals. Don't know what his name was but the section was called 8 days in Iraq. I didn't think I'd ever hear CNN have a segment on that was positive about the war efforts.

soonerloyal
7/31/2007, 07:31 AM
That's wonderful to hear. Thank goodness. I'm all for any good news and progress from Iraq.

Our troops are doing everything they're being asked to do. I have no worries about our military's abilities. It's the politicians from every side I worry about.

7/31/2007, 01:51 PM
EVERYBODY, across the entire political spectrum, has been saying that for 4 years. It's a no-brainer!

fixed

SoonerKnight
7/31/2007, 05:33 PM
fixed

WHOO!! HOOOO! WE WON!!!!!! The war is over all major combat operations have ended the fight for Iraq is done!!!!! WHOOO HOOO!!!!!!:pop: