PDA

View Full Version : Sean, Ollie, Fred Thompson etc. in CHULA VISTA July 26th!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
7/30/2007, 11:46 AM
The San Diego Freedom Fest, to raise money for scholarships for children of US troops slain in the GWOT. (Don't tell John Edwards that there REALLY IS a GWOT)

It was a 3 hour show. I've never seen such a crowd of flag-waivers in my life! Perfect weather at Coors Ampitheater. People I remember are Sean Hannity, Ollie North, John Voight(yes, Angelina Jolie's father), Mark Levin, Fred Thompson and Duncan Hunter, a Pres. Bush impersonator and a Hillary impersonator, and musical acts Lee Greenwood, Michael W. Smith, and country band Montgomery Gentry.

There was a satellite hookup with some troops in Iraq and their families on-stage, and some past recipients of the Freedom Fest scholarships were there. Great fun for freedom lovers!

NormanPride
7/30/2007, 11:52 AM
How long did it take to clean up afterwards?

;)

7/30/2007, 12:04 PM
How long did it take to clean up afterwards?

;)OK

leavingthezoo
7/30/2007, 12:16 PM
OK

side by side.

Octavian
7/30/2007, 12:18 PM
The San Diego Freedom Fest, to raise money for scholarships for children of US troops slain in the GWOT. (Don't tell John Edwards that there REALLY IS a GWOT)

It was a 3 hour show. I've never seen such a crowd of flag-waivers in my life! Perfect weather at Coors Ampitheater. People I remember are Sean Hannity, Ollie North, John Voight(yes, Angelina Jolie's father), Mark Levin, Fred Thompson and Duncan Hunter, a Pres. Bush impersonator and a Hillary impersonator, and musical acts Lee Greenwood, Michael W. Smith, and country band Montgomery Gentry.

There was a satellite hookup with some troops in Iraq and their families on-stage, and some past recipients of the Freedom Fest scholarships were there. Great fun for freedom lovers!

please define "freedom"

7/30/2007, 12:29 PM
please define "freedom"Fewest restrictions and other burdens by govt.

JohnnyMack
7/30/2007, 12:34 PM
So don't pay your income tax. Show 'em you're not burdened by the man.

7/30/2007, 12:41 PM
So don't pay your income tax. Show 'em you're not burdened by the man.C'mon, you got more than that to say, no?

soonerloyal
7/30/2007, 02:21 PM
Good to see the funds go to a good cause. I'd go to see Ollie North and the musicians. The rest, blecchhh.

7/30/2007, 03:55 PM
Good to see the funds go to a good cause. I'd go to see Ollie North and the musicians. The rest, blecchhh.John Voit(sp?) surprised me by saying like "we simply cannot afford to lose the War in Iraq, in any way." I had never heard anything before about his political leanings, and it takes guts in Hollywood to speak out in favor of the GWOT, or in a positive way for anything republicans are doing.

7/31/2007, 03:59 PM
Did anyone else on Soonerfans go to this Freedom Fest in San diego or the one in Dalllas, or going to any of the ones coming up in Atlanta, Cleveland or New Jersey?

def_lazer_fc
7/31/2007, 05:53 PM
with acts like montgomery gentry it does sound appealing, but i think i'll have to pass. ;)

SoonerKnight
7/31/2007, 06:07 PM
John Voit(sp?) surprised me by saying like "we simply cannot afford to lose the War in Iraq, in any way." I had never heard anything before about his political leanings, and it takes guts in Hollywood to speak out in favor of the GWOT, or in a positive way for anything republicans are doing.

You used positive and Republicans in the same sentence? Damn