PDA

View Full Version : Rivals.com countdown, OU #9

SoonerBOI
7/29/2007, 09:14 PM
Here is Rivals.com preview/take on our beloved Sooners.
http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=1144&CID=692456

Sooner98
7/29/2007, 09:22 PM
Sounds about right.

swardboy
7/29/2007, 10:08 PM
Nice...kinda out-of-sight...incognito...Oh my watch out if we get excellent qb play.

SoonerKnight
7/29/2007, 11:59 PM
As long as we pick the right QB the first time and not lose the first game like we did in 2005.

goingoneight
7/30/2007, 12:52 AM
The QB didn't lose to TCU, the team lost to TCU. That was a total meltdown and Dan Hawkins 2006 Colorado team probably could have given us a game that day.

Playing North Texas (beyond patsy) is going to be huge for whoever starts, plays or finishes. They'll get the feel of playing in front of a sold-out stadium, and it won't be a world-beater defense for them to have to read and execute against. I can honestly see us whipping up on UNT like we did MTSU last year defensively and on ST. The difference I'm predicting is that the QB throws less than 15 passes and only does so when called upon to convert first downs with maybe one or two deep strikes. UNT was great for Colt McCoy to get his feet wet last year... no challenge at all, playing in front of your home crowd, sold out, high expectations as usual for a top program. Hate to keep comparing what McCoy did, but the two situations are strikingly similar.