PDA

View Full Version : Orangepower.com Thread Game-by-Game Prediction

SoonerBOI
7/29/2007, 06:18 PM
I just came back from a weekend spin along the Georgia Mountains. Sipping Samuel Adams Boston lager I came upon this thread. The daydreamers are on cra__ again. We need some comedic atmosphere at times.
http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=38256

Harry Beanbag
7/29/2007, 08:27 PM
Those people are just stupid over there.

critical_phil
7/29/2007, 08:30 PM
I am predicting more Competitive Losses for Lite than that dude is....

setem
7/29/2007, 08:55 PM
I am going to laugh and laugh and laugh when we run it up on that weak **** they call a D!

We have the D to goose egg those sons of bitches!

meoveryouxinfinity
7/29/2007, 09:01 PM
I love it how they can be pretty reasonable about the whole season, but will NEVER predict a loss to OU.

birddog
7/29/2007, 09:16 PM
those poor bastards.

i'm glad we have a program where every loss is devastating and not "competitive."

Snrfn4ever08
7/29/2007, 10:03 PM
Yea, I've already gotten myself into that thread. When you call someone's b.s. on most sites, they usually try to back it up. On this, the guy agreed. Keep your easy button, that was already easy enough :D

goingoneight
7/29/2007, 11:30 PM
I love hearing the same ol' same ol' "they're just scared cuz we're coming!!!" That usually evolves into a discussion about catching up to Oklahoma and Texas' 100 years of history just because some billionaire added 10,000 more empty seats and new weights (the kind that don't have sand in 'em!!!).

The poke fans I meet on a regular basis in Tulsa are excited about the Georgia game, as they should be... it's a great OOC matchup. Beyond that, they're not predicting anything more than last year or the year before. Unless they're doing it on OP.com behind my back. "Take that gooner!!!"

:stunned:

birddog
7/30/2007, 12:16 AM
OU - L - I hate those guys, but I think if we get to this point we will be on cloud 14 and they will surprise us. However, we still win the South.

that's hilarious. they better look out!! we're gonna surprise them!

goingoneight
7/30/2007, 12:31 AM
2007 Bed-dumb: Nompton, Oklahoma

OSU surprises OU with a 45-yard kickoff return and a seven play, 55-yard touchdown drive to make it 7-0 on the first drive.

OU then surprises them with a defensive touchdown, three TD passes, and three long TD runs by Chris Brown and Demarco Murray. Allen Patrick punches a late 2-yarder to make it 56-10.

Here's your "surprise" :stunned:!!!

Snrfn4ever08
7/30/2007, 12:38 AM
2007 Bed-dumb: Nompton, Oklahoma

OSU surprises OU with a 45-yard kickoff return and a seven play, 55-yard touchdown drive to make it 7-0 on the first drive.

OU then surprises them with a defensive touchdown, three TD passes, and three long TD runs by Chris Brown and Demarco Murray. Allen Patrick punches a late 2-yarder to make it 56-10.

Here's your "surprise" :stunned:!!!
Freaking awesome :D

yermom
7/30/2007, 12:45 AM
they think they are going to lose to aTm and beat Nebraska in Lincoln?

they may really need to watch out for K-State... when was the last time they beat Tech?

goingoneight
7/30/2007, 12:57 AM
Their 4-7 squad beat Tech in 2005. Tech just can't seem to consistently win without those little hiccups. Last year, they lose to TCU and Colorado, then light up Texas for nearly 500 yards. Now, they didn't beat UT, but they nearly did. No moral victory convos, just sayin'. You let a 2-10 team embarass you, but you take a defending National Champion into the 4th?

I think the only thing that stops aggy from beating Leach is Tech ending up with the ball last. :D

the_ouskull
7/30/2007, 01:22 AM
I'm asking this as a completely legitmate question... I would like any OSU lurkers to respond.

Are you people f*cking ret*rded?

I'm not even kidding. Comparing your non-conference slate of Georgia, Troy, Sam Houston State, and Florida Atlantic to our non-conference games of Miami, UNT, Utah State, and Tulsa is ridiculous. At best, they're a fairly equal grouping of non-conference games... I think that Georgia and Miami are a wash... (And, by the way, of COURSE you're playing Georgia in Athens. Like they'd f*cking COME to Stagnantwater. I'm ****ed that we HAVE to. Do you realize what you'd have to pay OU to come play you f*cks if we weren't in the same conference?

But Tulsa, on the other hand, is a quality program, and we're completely willing to go there for a game. Then again, maybe they ARE a better team than Georgia... Georgia is just a name this year...

http://www.collegefootballpoll.com/pre_season_congrove_rankings.html

But I'm not even talking about any of that stuff... What the HELL makes you people think that you're going to have a "dramatic" win at Nebraska, or a "comfortable" win at OU? Honestly... What have you done lately to make you feel this way?

"Our offense is amazing, our offense is amazing..."

Really? 'cause the last time I checked your roster, you'd be a lot more intimidating if you had a line. Reid played well last year, other than his completion percentage, and Bowman may be the real deal... but Savage and D'Juan Woods aren't exactly striking fears into the hearts of those who bleed Crimson or anything.

Ya know what...? Win something. Then talk. Hell, PLAY for something, then talk.

Anyway...

Idiots.

the_ouskull

OSUFAN11
7/30/2007, 01:28 AM
Really? 'cause the last time I checked your roster, you'd be a lot more intimidating if you had a line. Reid played well last year, other than his completion percentage, and Bowman may be the real deal... but Savage and D'Juan Woods aren't exactly striking fears into the hearts of those who bleed Crimson or anything.
D'Juan Woods was a senior last year and is no longer playing. I actually liked your post until I saw that. I would have thought a person like you would have known that.:)

Octavian
7/30/2007, 01:45 AM
8-4

@UGA - L (Going between the hedges on opening day is a tough task...especially without a proven D)

FAU - W

@Troy - W

TT - W

SHSU - W

@A&M - L (the "freakish-OMG" loss that always happens at some point)

@Neb - L (OSU is 1-20 all-time in Lincoln...after the freakish OMG loss, they'll be hungover and leave 1-21)

KState - W

Texas - W (the Big XII upset of the year...they're not as talented but it'll be a crazy home atmosphere and they're just due against the horns in stillwater)

KU - W

@Baylor - W

@OU - L (a lot of optimism and excitement with the 4 game W streak...but in Norman, the 79th loss to the Sooners occurs )

Alamo Bowl

chantundefeated
7/30/2007, 04:07 AM
hahahaha did you guys see that quote by osubovineman. He was asked why he doesn't think bobby reid to a winning season next year and he responds "I've seen him play." That is an absolute classic.

OSUAggie
7/30/2007, 06:01 AM
@UGA - L (Going between the hedges on opening day is a tough task...especially without a proven D)

How could one have a proven D before the season starts?

Texas' d-backs were allegedly "proven" going into 2006. That didn't turn out too well.

birddog
7/30/2007, 08:42 AM

Texas' d-backs were allegedly "proven" going into 2006. That didn't turn out too well.

the same way you all say you have the greatest offense in the world.

The_Red_Patriot
7/30/2007, 09:58 AM
the same way you all say you have the greatest offense in the world.

Circle gets the square

OSUAggie
7/30/2007, 10:19 AM
Even though I've yet to make that claim...

NormanPride
7/30/2007, 10:35 AM

Well, you're the one that matters, right? The only one?

SoonerObsession
7/30/2007, 11:00 AM
I realize there are some decent Poke fans out there, but most of them make their University look bad. I delivered a pizza to a customer the other night that had a tip in hand to give me until he saw my OU license plate, then he said, "I was going to tip you until I saw your plate". Nice!

Tear Down This Wall
7/30/2007, 11:05 AM
I do wish Mike would hurry up and hire his brother Cale away from us.

JohnnyMack
7/30/2007, 11:36 AM
I think they should be elated with 8 - 4. I think 7 - 5 is realistic with their schedule. I actually think they'll be improved but with this difficult schedule it may not show in terms of wins this year.

@ UGA
Sand Aggie
@ Aggie
@ NU
KSU
Saxet
@ OU

All solid opponents. None of those are givens.

Octavian
7/30/2007, 12:05 PM

yeah, what birddog said.

It's the prevailing opinion about the OSU defense. You know that. Until it proves that it isn't a mediocre unit...it will continue to be viewed as a mediocre unit.

If you had the '06 schedule...all the dark horse talk would carry more weight. The '07 road schedule is very tough for a group that lost 6 games last year and an 8-4 finish would be a big improvement.

I think they should be elated with 8 - 4. I think 7 - 5 is realistic with their schedule.

me too

Seamus
7/30/2007, 12:22 PM
Circle gets the square

Sweet! Peter Marshall Pwnag3 reference.

Straz1999
7/30/2007, 12:29 PM
Well, I was in need of a good laugh over here, and I certainly got one when I read about the "comfortable win" that they will get in Norman.

Other than that, it is what it is.......garbage.

OSUAggie
7/30/2007, 12:54 PM
It's the prevailing opinion about the OSU defense. You know that. Until it proves that it isn't a mediocre unit...it will continue to be viewed as a mediocre unit.

If you had the '06 schedule...all the dark horse talk would carry more weight. The '07 road schedule is very tough for a group that lost 6 games last year and an 8-4 finish would be a big improvement.

I go back and forth on this in my mind.

You know I agree with what you're saying, but I also believe that there are a ton of really solid athletes on the defense. They were just green as hell last year and they played like it (in the back 7).

I feel like they should improve, and improve substantially. Perhaps they could play as a cohesive unit for the first time in a decade.

Then again, they'll probably look lost like usual.

4-8.

JohnnyMack
7/30/2007, 01:03 PM
I go back and forth on this in my mind.

You know I agree with what you're saying, but I also believe that there are a ton of really solid athletes on the defense. They were just green as hell last year and they played like it (in the back 7).

I feel like they should improve, and improve substantially. Perhaps they could play as a cohesive unit for the first time in a decade.

Then again, they'll probably look lost like usual.

4-8.

I believed in Chijioke. Right up to the end.

OSUAggie
7/30/2007, 01:13 PM
Touche

Mixer!
7/30/2007, 02:23 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v257/Soonerpsycho/osublahblah.gif

MextheBulldog
7/30/2007, 03:24 PM
Dontcha just love posts like this.....gotta love "chip on the shoulder" - "cant see outside the orange colored glasses" cowboy....

"Why would any one of you predict that we are going to lose any one game?

It is one thing to have an opinion of our final season record based on past records, players and the schedule we play. But I'll be damned if I predict Nebraska or any other one team to beat us."

bcgvh
7/30/2007, 04:42 PM
Guys, seriously, why even bother with this thread. Who here is surprised by this? These guys "predict" this kind of season every year and it hasn't happened yet. I guess it's always comical to read some of that though, hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!

stoopified
7/30/2007, 05:33 PM
I know very few oSu fans who will predict a win over OU in person but they will sure hoop'n holler should the unthinkable come to pass.I think the Pukes have 5 LIKELY losses(UGa,UT,NU,aTM,OU) 5 likely wins (UFA,Troy,SHSU,BU,KU) and 2 toss-ups (TT,KSU).Haaving said this I place the pukes at between 5-7 and 7-5(you could split the difference and say 6-6).To put it another way,I see no signifigant change from last year.

orangekaje
7/31/2007, 10:58 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v257/Soonerpsycho/osublahblah.gif

http://pages.suddenlink.net/kwjohns/images/lmao.gifhttp://pages.suddenlink.net/kwjohns/images/lmao.gifhttp://pages.suddenlink.net/kwjohns/images/lmao.gif

That's amazing.

The Maestro
7/31/2007, 11:52 AM
I realize there are some decent Poke fans out there, but most of them make their University look bad. I delivered a pizza to a customer the other night that had a tip in hand to give me until he saw my OU license plate, then he said, "I was going to tip you until I saw your plate". Nice!

This is what is called an alley oop for some willing osu fan.

OSUAggie
7/31/2007, 12:11 PM
I thought it was a hanging curve ball...

bri
7/31/2007, 01:24 PM
I do wish Mike would hurry up and hire his brother Cale away from us.

Yes, because if we have a question mark heading into this season, it's our totally crappy running backs.

JohnnyMack
7/31/2007, 01:42 PM
Yes, because if we have a question mark heading into this season, it's our totally crappy running backs.

Why do you hate Parade All-Americans?

bri
7/31/2007, 01:54 PM
Because logic ran over my puppy when I was a kid.

Jello Biafra
7/31/2007, 09:30 PM
The poke fans I meet on a regular basis in Tulsa are excited about the Georgia game
:stunned:

yeh. of course they are, its an opportunity to embarrass the big xii and lose to a different opponent than the "same ol same ol"

SoonerSinger3
7/31/2007, 09:56 PM
this is pathetic to think that one guy predicted OSU to be undefeated by the time they play OU...don't they forget that they can't ever have a consistent season?..it's either they're pretty good, or pretty bad...never any grey areas...wow

soonerinabilene
7/31/2007, 09:57 PM
i cant wait for the heisman ceremony when reid, bowman, and savage all win and cut the trophy into 3 pieces.

birddog
7/31/2007, 10:18 PM
this is pathetic to think that one guy predicted OSU to be undefeated by the time they play OU...don't they forget that they can't ever have a consistent season?..it's either they're pretty good, or pretty bad...never any grey areas...wow

what's pretty good? 8-3?

goingoneight
7/31/2007, 10:19 PM
^^^ Don't forget Zac Robinson starting half of the season so as not to score 1000 points a game. :stunned:

BudSooner
7/31/2007, 10:23 PM
Uh, those guys are saying Tulsa is going to be an easy win?
Doubt it, after all look at our last outing against the T town Hurricanes and that was with the Kragthorpe defense, Graham runs a much more efficient D.
Then there is the thought of the hurry up offense that Gus Malzahn operates.
I don't know if his game planning will work there or not, but I just cannot see Tulsa just laying down for this one.

goingoneight
7/31/2007, 10:27 PM
Actually it was Graham's defense, as he was the DC at Tulsa, before his first HC gig in 2006. He took Rice to their first bowl game in ages... not years... AGES. NTM, he beat Tulsa last year, too.

Graham + Malzahn + veteran TU squad does not = easy win. In all honesty, when you think about it, they have as good if not a better chance to beat OU than Miami does. The OOC this year could be a breeze, but it's certainly not on paper.

sooneron
8/1/2007, 07:35 AM
I made it to the 6th game of the season in that tard's post. How do you predict that a D just suddenly shows up and SURPRISES EVERYONE without having seen that team play a competitive game?

OSUAggie
8/1/2007, 08:11 AM
yeh. of course they are, its an opportunity to embarrass the big xii and lose to a different opponent than the "same ol same ol"

hmmmm...... You must have a different view of OSU football than you claim. It's hard to fathom how a traditional doormat in the conference going up against an SEC power is somehow going to embarrass the Big XII. I can think of more than a few teams that have "embarrassed" the Big XII much more than OSU.

Graham + Malzahn + veteran TU squad does not = easy win. In all honesty, when you think about it, they have as good if not a better chance to beat OU than Miami does. The OOC this year could be a breeze, but it's certainly not on paper.

I think you're giving Tulsa way too much credit.... and Miami not enough.

SoonerSinger3
8/1/2007, 08:16 AM
Agreed with goingoneight...I've been telling people that the TU game scares me a little bit..I still am confident that we'll win, but TU might be one of our toughest games of the year...Paul Smith is a really good QB, they got a good stable of running, backs, and a good coach...i mean remember in 2002 when we played at Skelly last and we only led 3-0 at halftime? but in the end we are too fast, strong, talented i believe for TU to actually upset us...unless we turn the ball over 4+ times

bri
8/1/2007, 08:29 AM
I think you're giving Tulsa way too much credit

No, aggy's chickensh*t refusal to schedule the 'Cane gives them all the credit they need.

How does it feel to be the third-best D1 football program in the state?

Crimsontothecore
8/1/2007, 08:38 AM
This is what is called an alley oop for some willing osu fan.
I agree. I was discussing this with my friend Jed today at work. I asked his opinion while we were riding on the back of the garbage truck. He thought it was definitely an alley oop.
I then asked my neighbor about it last night at the trailor park. He said he hadn't read it yet but was going to as soon as he fed his bird dogs that were tied up to his front porch.

OSUAggie
8/1/2007, 08:42 AM
No, aggy's chickensh*t refusal to schedule the 'Cane gives them all the credit they need.

The 'Cane is on the future schedule, ****tard.

JohnnyMack
8/1/2007, 09:21 AM
OK Ag, you've *****footed around it long enough. Now that you're away from the blinding glare of the glowing sphere of orange that you psychos praise in Stillwater and somehow causes you all to have delusions of grandeur, I'd like to hear your predicted record for the Fighting Pat Jones'.

birddog
8/1/2007, 09:24 AM
jm, what's with the chelsea avatar?

OSUAggie
8/1/2007, 09:36 AM
8-4 lose 4/5 of the following:

@ UGA
@ Nebraska
@ A&M
@ OU
vs. Texas

birddog
8/1/2007, 09:44 AM
you'll beat georgia.

i saw what colarada did up there. of course uga will be a little more amped to play you as opposed to a team that lost to a 1aa.

JohnnyMack
8/1/2007, 09:50 AM
jm, what's with the chelsea avatar?

I have no idea. I joined the FF league for fun and picked a team somewhat at random. :)

birddog
8/1/2007, 09:51 AM
well, i dont expect to make you a believer, but nice effort. ;)

bri
8/1/2007, 10:27 AM
The 'Cane is on the future schedule, ****tard.

Ooooh, the future schedule! I can still remember when Tulsa was always on aggy's schedule...then they started beating aggy.

Can't say I blame you, though. Going though life without testicles probably makes it easier to sit saddles and driver's seats of John Deeres for extended periods.

OSUAggie
8/1/2007, 11:11 AM
Ooooh, the future schedule! I can still remember when Tulsa was always on aggy's schedule...then they started beating aggy.

Can't say I blame you, though. Going though life without testicles probably makes it easier to sit saddles and driver's seats of John Deeres for extended periods.

Yah, they go 3-7 against a program that had one of its worst decades (which is saying something) and all of the sudden they're killing OSU?

I'll take 7-3 over 2-1 against TU.

picasso
8/1/2007, 11:13 AM
I'm pretty sure TU was giving oSu all they wanted circa '97 which was in modern history the golden year or two for oSu football.

is K-State on oSu's schedule? if so, chalk that down for another loss.

SoonerBOI
8/1/2007, 11:21 AM
Boomer! 30 more days and counting...

Landthief 1972
8/1/2007, 11:27 AM

You don't spend enough time in Stoolwater West (Kingfisher) with all your "I went to OSU for a semester and flunked out so I'm an alumni :stunned: " fans who think I'm a pathetic OU fan because I didn't go to school in Norman. You know, because I picked my college based on who could give me the best education in my field of study. :eek:

The news showed the flood in Kingfisher the other day, and had the prerequisite film of rednecks splashing around in flood water (hope they had their tetanus shot). Lots of orange and black in those shots. Go figure. ;)

picasso
8/1/2007, 11:30 AM
You don't spend enough time in Stoolwater West (Kingfisher) with all your "I went to OSU for a semester and flunked out so I'm an alumni :stunned: " fans who think I'm a pathetic OU fan because I didn't go to school in Norman. You know, because I picked my college based on who could give me the best education in my field of study. :eek:

The news showed the flood in Kingfisher the other day, and had the prerequisite film of rednecks splashing around in flood water (hope they had their tetanus shot). Lots of orange and black in those shots. Go figure. ;)
the oSu fans are mostly school alumni because they simply aren't good enough to draw in any outside fan base.
they've sucked for decades is kinda what I'm saying.

Kray
8/1/2007, 11:35 AM
I think OSU fans wish they'd have a mediocre defensive unit last season. Mediocrity probably wins them the KSU, TT and ATM games. They were terrible on defense.

Things don't line up for them very well this season at all. I think they stand a great chance of not bowling at all, given the schedule, even with the offense being better than last season (and it was already fricking good), and with the assumption that they will not be terrible again on defense.

bri
8/1/2007, 12:04 PM
Yah, they go 3-7 against a program that had one of its worst decades (which is saying something) and all of the sudden they're killing OSU?

I'll take 7-3 over 2-1 against TU.

Tulsa will play in a BCS bowl game before aggy does.

Snrfn4ever08
8/1/2007, 12:04 PM
Is there any way we can get Okie Lite and Tulsa to just trade places? I think it would do wonders for the Big XII. If OSUck was in C-USA, they might actually be able to win at least a division championship once in every decade

Snrfn4ever08
8/1/2007, 12:05 PM
Tulsa will play in a BCS bowl game before aggy does.
Agreed ;)

deweydw
8/1/2007, 12:20 PM
What I think would be funny, is if Bomar starts for SHSU and knocks them pokes off their rocking horse. :D

SoonerBOI
8/1/2007, 12:36 PM
What I think would be funny, is if Bomar starts for SHSU and knocks them pokes off their rocking horse. :D

That would be nice:D

goingoneight
8/1/2007, 04:55 PM
IF Bomar starts? IF? He may or may not be grown up yet, but I got a feeling he's the best thing that's ever happened to Bomar Tech.

Landthief 1972
8/1/2007, 05:07 PM
I wouldn't know who to cheer for at that game. Can they both lose?

Vaevictis
8/1/2007, 05:10 PM
You can cheer for SHSU, but hope that it's the second string QB that wins it after Bomar gets his clock cleaned :)

Edmond Sooner
8/1/2007, 06:00 PM
"Comfortable win" vs. OU? Did I read that Aggie right? Someone's Lithium prescription must have expired...

goingoneight
8/1/2007, 09:12 PM
He must have his vicatin and viagra mixed up.