PDA

View Full Version : Dusty is da MAN!

DrZaius
7/29/2007, 12:43 PM
Here are some training camp notes from da bears. Dusty, if he remains healty, will be the starting Nose Guard for the Bears. Cool Stuff!!!!!!

What did Dusty Dvoracek show you to open training camp as the starting nose tackle?

Last year we saw Dusty in a limited role with pads on. But as we went through spring practices Dusty showed us he was intelligent, he practiced extremely hard and he understood what we were trying to do as a defensive unit. He’s going to bring some intensity and effort and as we go on we’ll see how he does with pads on.

What are your expectations for Dusty?

We need every one of our starters to be productive. All starters have roles that define them and they need to accept the role and excel at that role. We feel good about him and we expect him to play well.

How is Dusty different from Tank Johnson as a player?

Tank had also played the three-technique. They were a little different there. We hadn’t had a chance to try Dusty at the three-technique, but Tank gave us a little flexibility there.

Is it a benefit that Dusty and Tommie Harris played together at Oklahoma?

I would think so. I know they know each other. They can communicate. They’re really close to each other on the line of scrimmage. They’ve gone through it in the past. They feel comfortable with each other and trust each other, so I think that’s a big plus.

DrZaius
7/29/2007, 12:55 PM
Here is some more about Dusty........................

BOURBONNAIS, Ill. – Few individual players have more at stake in training camp than defensive tackle Dusty Dvoracek, who is trying to secure a starting job next to former college teammate Tommie Harris.

“Coaches have expressed to me this is a big opportunity for me,” Dvoracek said, “and it’s on my shoulders now to go out there and contribute and show my worth.”

Dusty Dvoracek has entered his second NFL training camp as a starter.
A 2006 third-round draft pick, Dvoracek missed his entire rookie season with a foot injury. A year later, he begins training camp with the No. 1 defense at a position that was shared last year by Tank Johnson and Ian Scott, two veterans who are no longer with the Bears.

As he attempts to win the starting job, Dvoracek is vowing to compete with reckless abandon on every snap in training camp and the preseason.

“They drafted me for my attitude and my motor and I’m going to show them those things every day throughout camp,” he said, “flying around the field and making plays and just improve every day.”

A strong, physical and aggressive tackle who can collapse the pocket, Dvoracek is a skilled bull rusher who plays with great power and lower body explosion.

In four-plus seasons at Oklahoma, Dvoracek registered 136 tackles, 44 tackles for loss and 16 sacks while starting 27 of 49 games played. As a senior, he established career highs with 44 tackles and 18 tackles for loss and recorded the first interception of his collegiate career.

Even though Dvoracek’s next NFL regular-season game will be his first, the Bears are counting on him to develop, especially given the fact that Harris is frequently double teamed.

“We know what Tommie Harris can do,” said coach Lovie Smith. “The player that’s playing opposite Tommie should get a lot of opportunities. Dusty has played with Tommie before. They know each other well.

“I like everything Dusty has done since he’s come off the injury list, so there’s no reason to think he can’t have a good season for us.”

After playing side-by-side for three seasons at Oklahoma, Harris “feels real natural” lining up next to Dvoracek again.

“We’ve known each other, so the chemistry is there,” Harris said. “We just have to see if we can display it on Sundays.”

Sooner13
7/29/2007, 01:57 PM
I think nfl sunday ticket might be on the horizon for me. I don't think I can miss seeing AD every week, and now that Dusty is next to Tommie, there's 2 games every week I'm going to have to catch. Can't wait!

SoonerBOI
7/29/2007, 05:19 PM
Who do I cheer for? Vikings -AD, Bears -Dusty, Tommy and the other guys or Ravens - Clayton. Can't wait for football season to start.Boomer!

tulsaoilerfan
7/29/2007, 06:39 PM
Dusty and Tommy should be a good combo for Da Bears

King Crimson
7/29/2007, 06:51 PM
go get em Dusty.

meoveryouxinfinity
7/29/2007, 09:09 PM
I'll throw out there for the sake of nothing that I had a class with Dusty's little brother at the Broncho school. If they're anything alike, they must have a great mother. Kid was very studious and was very polite to everyone.

MiccoMacey
7/29/2007, 09:13 PM
Does anyone remember the details about Dusty and "the incident" that got him suspended here at OU?

I'm kind of tired about hearing how Dusty almost killed this guy from Longhorn fans. I don't remember it that way.

Anyone??

meoveryouxinfinity
7/29/2007, 09:21 PM
Does anyone remember the details about Dusty and "the incident" that got him suspended here at OU?

I'm kind of tired about hearing how Dusty almost killed this guy from Longhorn fans. I don't remember it that way.

Anyone??
Put a friend in intensive care.

illinisooner
7/29/2007, 10:22 PM
Bears just traded for Darwin Walker. Dusty won't be starting, barring injury to Darwin or Harris. Sounds like he'll be in the rotation for sure.

Grimey
7/30/2007, 01:31 PM
Bears just traded for Darwin Walker. Dusty won't be starting, barring injury to Darwin or Harris. Sounds like he'll be in the rotation for sure.

BOOOOOOOOOOO!:mad:

badger
7/30/2007, 02:09 PM
Who do I cheer for? Vikings -AD, Bears -Dusty, Tommy and the other guys or Ravens - Clayton. Can't wait for football season to start.Boomer!
Cheer for the Packers. They are the only community team not corrupted by greedy ownership that drives cities to spend millions on new stadiums every five years :)

(although, I am soooo upset at my Packer's administration and have been for the past few months. First, they don't take an easy opportunity to sign the receiver that's been making Packer fans cringe for years. Then, they don't trade up to draft AD and are left with no running game whatsoever. Ooooo, angry badger! However, all shall be forgiven if they let Paul Thompson stay on as QB#3)

NormanPride
7/30/2007, 03:08 PM
Cheer for the Packers. They are the only community team not corrupted by greedy ownership that drives cities to spend millions on new stadiums every five years :)

(although, I am soooo upset at my Packer's administration and have been for the past few months. First, they don't take an easy opportunity to sign the receiver that's been making Packer fans cringe for years. Then, they don't trade up to draft AD and are left with no running game whatsoever. Ooooo, angry badger! However, all shall be forgiven if they let Paul Thompson stay on as QB#3)

We're getting to be like the Cubs. Ownership knows you'll shell out the $$ for whatever dookie they throw on the field. :( Unless we make some major moves once #4 retires I wouldn't expect much from the Packer Nation for a while.

trwxxa
7/30/2007, 08:47 PM
I'm looking forward to watching Da Bears here in Houston a week from Saturday, at least until they pull the starters at the end of the first quarter.

We get them for real down here in 08.

illinisooner
8/1/2007, 02:27 PM
I think if you watched Harris at practice, you'd never know he ruptured his left hamstring, requiring surgery in December. He's not favoring the leg at all and reports no pain. Looks like the Bears will have a three-man DT rotation, with Harris at the three-technique slot, Walker the run-stopper, and Dusty Dvoracek the relief pitcher on 30 percent of the snaps per game.

This coming from SI.com Training Camp postcards.