PDA

View Full Version : ipod/itunes ???

jk the sooner fan
7/29/2007, 09:07 AM
ok so i had to get a new computer

so i download this "ipodgetter" program which extracts all the music from my ipod.......so i can import it to my itunes to get everything back

but itunes will only let me import one song at a time.......there has to be an easier way?????

soonerinabilene
7/29/2007, 09:32 AM
So the music is on your computer, you just want it in itunes, is that right? if so try this: Have itunes open, but not full screen. make it to where it takes up about half the screen. Then open the folder that has all your music, also where it takes up less than half your screen. Click on the first music file, hit ctrl "a" to select all, and then click on them and drag them into itunes.

jk the sooner fan
7/29/2007, 09:47 AM
that doesnt work

figured it out though, "add folder in itunes" and select the folder that you extracted them too with ipod getter

King Crimson
7/29/2007, 10:01 AM
use winamp to manage your files. itunes sucks out loud.

SoonerGirl06
7/29/2007, 10:05 AM
While were on the subject... how do you transfer your songs from your itunes playlist onto your ipod? I've tried everything and it doesn't work.

Is it just me or is it just too way hard to get your music with an iPod. I've had another mp3 player and it was so simple to download your music.

jk the sooner fan
7/29/2007, 10:07 AM
click on the itunes "icon" under your library list and then look for the sync ipod feature

jk the sooner fan
7/29/2007, 10:09 AM
itunes sucks out loud.

almost as much as smashing pumpkins and billy corgan

King Crimson
7/29/2007, 10:16 AM
almost as much as smashing pumpkins and billy corgan

yer thinking of of KC//Crimson, boyo.

not a big pumpkins guy, mahself.

yermom
7/29/2007, 11:11 AM
that's easy to do :O

is there something i'm missing with Winamp? i really don't use it at all anymore

i like how you can sort and search with iTunes

jk the sooner fan
7/29/2007, 11:13 AM
yer thinking of of KC//Crimson, boyo.

not a big pumpkins guy, mahself.

well then we finally agree on something

KC//CRIMSON
7/29/2007, 11:23 AM
While were on the subject... how do you transfer your songs from your itunes playlist onto your ipod? I've tried everything and it doesn't work.

Is it just me or is it just too way hard to get your music with an iPod. I've had another mp3 player and it was so simple to download your music.

When you connect your Ipod to your computer it should pop up in itunes. Look on the left under your folders, it should say something like Soonergirl06 Ipod. Then all you have to do is drag and drop your songs from itunes into your Ipod. Get it?:cool:

Howzit
7/29/2007, 11:24 AM
Are the songs on your new computer or an external drive? I know you can add an entire folder and it does all the songs in the folder. ( file/add folder to library) but if they are just on your ipod that won't work.

I thought if you bought a new machine it would put your ipod songs into an itunes library...no? Maybe I had better get more serious about backing everything up...

yermom
7/29/2007, 11:27 AM
out of the box, the iPod only goes one way on transfers.

if you are concerned, i would back them up somewhere else.

although, i think they have maybe changed this so that stuff you have purchased through ITMS can be transferred to another computer, now that i think about

Howzit
7/29/2007, 11:29 AM
Oh.

Shoulda backed 'em up jk.

jk the sooner fan
7/29/2007, 11:30 AM
Are the songs on your new computer or an external drive? I know you can add an entire folder and it does all the songs in the folder. ( file/add folder to library) but if they are just on your ipod that won't work.

I thought if you bought a new machine it would put your ipod songs into an itunes library...no? Maybe I had better get more serious about backing everything up...

no, if you get a new box and dont have your itunes backed up, you are screwed

unless you download the "ipodgetter"

fairly easy to use

jk the sooner fan
7/29/2007, 11:31 AM
Oh.

Shoulda backed 'em up jk.

i was able to have the IT guy at work pull all of my documents off my old hard drive....i'll be able to reformat it now

anyway, i bought an external hard drive - a freeagent drive by seagate.....at best buy

cheap cheap for the amount of space you get

SoonerGirl06
7/29/2007, 11:44 AM
When you connect your Ipod to your computer it should pop up in itunes. Look on the left under your folders, it should say something like Soonergirl06 Ipod. Then all you have to do is drag and drop your songs from itunes into your Ipod. Get it?:cool:

I got it and it ain't working. :mad:

I so hate this technology stuff. :mad:

GottaHavePride
7/29/2007, 03:37 PM

You probably have something set that makes you have to manage things manually. Check the preferences in iTunes. It should automatically synchronize your iPod with your iTunes music library and playlists every time you attach your iPod to your computer. If it doesn't, you've either got faulty equipment or some settings messed up.

bluedogok
7/29/2007, 03:50 PM
The only reason why you wouldn't have the auto-sync set is if you have more music than the iPod has capacity. I have mine manual because I have 80gb of music on my computer and a 40gb iPod. I need to get an 80gb iPod so i don't have to take stuff off to put things on.

soonerbrat
7/29/2007, 05:03 PM

just drag and drop them

soonerbrat
7/29/2007, 05:04 PM
jk, what program are you using to get the songs off the iPod?

SoonerGirl06
7/29/2007, 05:06 PM
I finally got it to work. I don't know what I did, but I'm able to do the drag and drop.

Thanks everybody.

I still think Apple makes this WAAY too complicated. :(

soonerbrat
7/29/2007, 06:47 PM
wow, i think it's the simplest music program i've ever used