PDA

View Full Version : Fox news is talking about the home invasion

Jerk
7/29/2007, 08:21 AM
preaching to always cooperate with your attacker.

The women up there in Connecticut cooperated with everything the home invaders told them to do, and what happened? They got tied up, raped, and burnt to death.

When you decide to never fight back, and to do as you are instructed, you are giving somebody else 100% control over the decision as to whether or not you live or die.

The idea that we should not be responsible for our own self-preservation is one of the biggest assualts on individuality going today.

jk the sooner fan
7/29/2007, 08:35 AM
i'll cooperate with a loaded gun......

Mongo
7/29/2007, 08:38 AM
.45 or 12 gauge, they'll get either one

how long til Xing the Rubicon shows up with anti-gun statistics?:D

47straight
7/29/2007, 08:58 AM
I think that statistically you are better off cooperating if you've got no edge or angle.

BillyBall
7/29/2007, 09:48 AM
I thought this thread was going to be about another NBA player living in the Chicagoland area... 2 in a month is pretty disturbing.

Okla-homey
7/29/2007, 10:37 AM
Another thing. I've encouraged my women never to cooperate if a potential captor orders one of them to get into a vehicle. Even at gunpoint. The odds of surviving such a kidnapping are astronomically low. Better off taking a chance he won't shoot you outright for refusing to get into the car. Also, if he manages to get you inside the car, better to open the door and jump out at speed than to take your chances at his intended destination.

Jerk
7/29/2007, 10:44 AM
Another thing. I've encouraged my women never to cooperate if a potential captor orders one of them to get into a vehicle. Even at gunpoint. The odds of surviving such a kidnapping are astronomically low. Better off taking a chance he won't shoot you outright for refusing to get into the car. Also, if he manages to get you inside the car, better to open the door and jump out at speed than to take your chances at his intended destination.

I've told my wife pretty much the same thing. You're better off giving the guy a running target and waiting for an ambulance, than you are to be taken to the woods, or some basement.

proud gonzo
7/29/2007, 11:29 AM
so, cooperate sorta like all those Amish girls that were murdered a while back? Or like the people murdered by the Carr brothers in Wichita a few years ago? that seems to work really well.

jk the sooner fan
7/29/2007, 11:33 AM
i'm not sure the amish girls ever had a chance to do anything but cooperate......they were locked in the school house at gunpoint from the get go

they were doomed regardless of their actions

but i do agree that cooperating doesnt always mean safety

Okla-homey
7/29/2007, 12:12 PM
The most significant exception to the rule that cooperation does not equal safety was that dealio a few years back when the ATL jail escapee was talked into giving up by his captive. That woman apprently talked non-stop for ten hours.

GrapevineSooner
7/29/2007, 12:31 PM
There's exceptions to every rule. But I'd like to go back to what Jerk said:

The idea that we should not be responsible for our own self-preservation is one of the biggest assualts on individuality going today.

Whether or not somebody decides to defend themselves by use of a fireweapon is their choice.

But they ought to be given that choice and reminded of that each time an incident like this comes up.

Okla-homey
7/29/2007, 12:45 PM
IMHO. until we advance to the point that the cops respond to every 911 call for help and arrive within 30 seconds, your personal safety remains a personal responsibility.

r5TPsooner
7/29/2007, 12:56 PM
Hopefully none of us will ever be put in this situation. If my Brinks home security fails then I'll have to rely on my courage and my Smith & Wesson.

Either way, I'm gonna fight back with every ounce of life that I possess.

AlbqSooner
7/29/2007, 04:15 PM
a few years back when the ATL jail escapee was talked into giving up by his captive. That woman apprently talked non-stop for ten hours.
My ex-wife used to pull that crap on me.:D

olevetonahill
7/29/2007, 04:34 PM
All ya gotta do Is be crazy and Known to shoot at folks . Nobody comes on my hill with out Callin 1st :D