PDA

View Full Version : Watchmen

SoonerAtKU
7/29/2007, 08:06 AM
So, comic fans. Casting is fairly set for the Watchmen movie starting filming in September. Billy Crudup as Dr. Manhattan and a bunch of people you don't know as everyone else. Thoughts?

King Crimson
7/29/2007, 08:10 AM
was a big watdchmen fan. billy crudup is OK. thanking the big guy above that Tom Cruise isn't Rorshach or some shizz.

it will still probably suck. but hey.

SoonerAtKU
7/29/2007, 08:15 AM
It's being done by the crew behind 300, so that's got me excited. Crudup will be good in the detached way he needs to be. I'm very glad Keanu Reeves didn't get his part.

reevie
7/29/2007, 09:07 AM
I didn't recongize any of the actors. I don't think that is a bad thing though. The only thing disappointing me about the cast is...will those names generate the buzz needed to bring people who are unfamiliar with Watchmen into the theater to see the movie? But I'm not upset that they didn't cast any big names.

reevie
7/29/2007, 09:16 AM
Really, I'm just concerned that the movie does the book justice. This is arguablely the greatest comic book ever written and I'm worried that this movie be unwatchable crap. I would really like to see it do well and people finally think, hey...there's some really good stuff out there that maybe I should be reading.

King Crimson
7/29/2007, 09:37 AM
nice avatar reev.

tiger tiger burning bright.