PDA

View Full Version : **** YOU HOBBY LOBBY. **** YOU!!!

TopDaugIn2000
7/28/2007, 11:34 PM
I GO IN YESTERDAY FOR ONE ****ING THING AND YOU HAVE YOUR ****ING CHRISTMAS **** OUT ALREADY. IT'S THE ****ING TWENTY ****ING SEVENTH OF ****ING J-U-L-Y FOR **** SAKE. WHAT THE **** IS WRONG WITH YOU ****ERS???? IT WASN'T JUST A THING OR TWO, IT WAS ****ING 8 OR 10 AISLES. ****ING TREES AND ORNAMENTS EVERY-****ING-WHERE. YOU MAKE ME ****ING SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/RANT]

Sooner24
7/28/2007, 11:38 PM
But how do you really feel?

yermom
why do you hate baby Jesus?

TopDaugIn2000
I know, I really shouldn't hold things back.

Soonrboy
7/28/2007, 11:45 PM
I still have 4 boxes of christmas crap in my garage that I havent put up in the attic yet...and now we are closer to Christmas than not, so they might just stay out

Shneeg11
7/29/2007, 01:06 AM
I bet they sell quite a bit of it thats why

jk the sooner fan
7/29/2007, 06:59 AM
ok, you do realize that people that shop at hobby lobby typically "make stuff", for christmas and it might take people a few more months to "make stuff"

VeeJay
7/29/2007, 07:06 AM
I am still trying to figure out what "****" is.

Mongo
7/29/2007, 07:09 AM
ok, you do realize that people that shop at hobby lobby typically "make stuff", for christmas and it might take people a few more months to "make stuff"

I bet it takes you weeks to tie a sweet bow with gold trimmed ribbon and hot glue it to a wreath with pine cones and candy canes on it.

and you call yourself a man

jk the sooner fan
7/29/2007, 07:12 AM
dude i can crank out 10 of those a week

pfffftt.......

OUHOMER
7/29/2007, 07:20 AM
we have seen a very large increase in inbound ocean for Christmas stuff. Should be reaching ports this week. So its a coming folks. Hobby lobby is the largest ocean importer in Oklahoma followed by dollar tree in ardmore

Mongo
7/29/2007, 07:26 AM
dude i can crank out 10 of those a week

pfffftt.......

do you sell them? I am always scoping out the market for wreaths

jk the sooner fan
7/29/2007, 07:29 AM
yes i do, but i could find it in my heart to give you one ...........well not give in the free sense, but you know.......like 15% off

Mongo
7/29/2007, 07:31 AM
Name your price

take off fifty percent

then double it

that's what I'll do for a good friend

jk the sooner fan
7/29/2007, 07:40 AM
i need $5 dolla to make you holla

or something like that

shipping is like 50 bucks though

Flagstaffsooner
7/29/2007, 08:16 AM
Pine cones, get your pine cones here, beat the Christmas rush.

http://www.businessweek.com/the_thread/hotproperty/used_car_salesman.jpg

Only at Flagstaffsooner's Used Pine Cone Lot.

2323 E. Rt. 66
Flagstaff, AZ 86001

or visit our website pineconesRus.com

MamaMia
7/29/2007, 08:33 AM
I GO IN YESTERDAY FOR ONE ****ING THING AND YOU HAVE YOUR ****ING CHRISTMAS **** OUT ALREADY. IT'S THE ****ING TWENTY ****ING SEVENTH OF ****ING J-U-L-Y FOR **** SAKE. WHAT THE **** IS WRONG WITH YOU ****ERS???? IT WASN'T JUST A THING OR TWO, IT WAS ****ING 8 OR 10 AISLES. ****ING TREES AND ORNAMENTS EVERY-****ING-WHERE. YOU MAKE ME ****ING SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/RANT]
So, how much did you get? :D

SoonerGirl06
7/29/2007, 10:08 AM
I bet you had to go by the Halloween and Thanksgiving sections before getting to the Christmas stuff, huh?

Mixer!
7/29/2007, 11:56 AM
signed,
Mrs. John Helander

:ducking: ;)

TopDaugIn2000
7/29/2007, 01:11 PM
So, how much did you get? :D

I don't decorate for Christmas or any other holiday.

"Ornament is crime"
-Adolf Loos

oh, and they had about 2 aisles of "fall" stuff, but that all came AFTER the Christmas **** that was right as you walk in the ****ing door.

Newbomb Turk
7/29/2007, 01:14 PM
we decorate a ton for Christmas. The end of July does seem a bit early to have the stuff in stores though.

bluedogok
7/29/2007, 01:19 PM
My wife said that Garden Ridge had theirs out before Hobby Lobby did this year. Of course when it constitutes about 60% of your yearly sales, I can understand getting it out early. She does decorate quite a bit for Christmas, the only thing I do is put the lights on the house for here, everything else is all hers.

I try to avoid both stores all year, I do occasionally go to Hobby Lobby to get something specific that I know they have. My mom went to high school with the founder and my aunt is mentioned in his autobiography.

Newbomb Turk
7/29/2007, 01:21 PM
I made the mistake of going to Garden Ridge with the wife last year before Christmas.

Nevar.Again.

bluedogok
7/29/2007, 01:41 PM
I have vowed to do all in my power to not go to Garden Ridge again, Christmas time or not......

Mixer!
7/29/2007, 02:10 PM
:les: FESTIVUS, BIZNATCHES!

r5TPsooner
7/29/2007, 02:46 PM
The only two stores that I will not go shopping with the wife at:

1. Michael's
2. Hobby Lobby

SoonerGirl06
7/29/2007, 05:07 PM
This thread has got me in the mood to make some Christmas decorations.

jk the sooner fan
7/29/2007, 05:13 PM
well get started early dammit!!!!!!!!

SoonerGirl06
7/29/2007, 05:24 PM
Let me dust off my Bing Crosby Christmas CD's first and I will!!!!

bluedogok
7/29/2007, 06:58 PM
My wife has already dug out some of her Christmas CD's, she plays them in her car. That way I don't have to listen to them.

1. Michael's
2. Hobby Lobby
I guess that you don't have a Garden Ridge there?

OUinFLA
7/29/2007, 09:27 PM
...... as you walk in the ****ing door.

uh, I've been looking for that door for a while now, could you peem me a mapquest to help me locate it?

SoonerGirl06
7/29/2007, 09:40 PM
I believe they're located next to the secks chairs.

YWIA

VeeJay
7/29/2007, 10:20 PM
I just strung up all the icicle lights and put the fifty foot high inflatable snowman in front of my house. Those lit up moving deer are rockin' the neighborhood.

No use in waiting for October to get this chit all done.

SoonerKnight
7/30/2007, 02:34 AM
Thats just sad! But funny!! :):texan:

we have seen a very large increase in inbound ocean for Christmas stuff. Should be reaching ports this week. So its a coming folks. Hobby lobby is the largest ocean importer in Oklahoma followed by dollar tree in ardmore

SoonerKnight
7/30/2007, 02:38 AM
Fun= Hobby Lobby type stores with wife. NOT!!!! Good God I hate going to those stores and women never know how to get in and GET the hell out!!!

I made the mistake of going to Garden Ridge with the wife last year before Christmas.

Nevar.Again.

SoonerKnight
7/30/2007, 02:38 AM
I agree!!!! What happened to Halloween GEEZ!!

[/RANT]

dolemitesooner
7/30/2007, 06:49 AM
WOW

TopDaugIn2000
7/30/2007, 07:23 AM
Fun= Hobby Lobby type stores with wife. NOT!!!! Good God I hate going to those stores and women never know how to get in and GET the hell out!!!

I walked in for 2 items and left with only one. I couldn't quickly find the 2nd thing on my list and had to get out of there due to all the Christmas ****.

Tear Down This Wall
7/30/2007, 11:04 AM
I want to move to a really small place to that Christmas means something again. Her ein the city, all it means is being marketed to for five months and atheists protesting every small thing associated with it as the day draws near.

Frankly, the overmarketing and atheists have made the whole thing just another day.

yermom
7/30/2007, 12:07 PM
it's not just another day, it's the most annoying day ever ;)

soonersweetie
7/30/2007, 02:51 PM
I absolutely love Christmas. And although I don't buy craft supplies this early, I understand the need for people to buy that stuff now if they make a lot of their Christmas presents. People can't possibly "make" all this stuff in a matter of a month.

Personally, I would have Christmas all year if I could. And it's not about buying people things, or expecting gifts. It's about decorating, Christmas carols, family, sappy movies and Christmas cookies :)

Yep, I'm weird, can't help it.

BudSooner
7/30/2007, 07:18 PM

1. Michael's
2. Hobby Lobby

I'm not sure you have one nearby, but you left out Garden Ridge.

C&CDean
7/30/2007, 07:24 PM
So, did the Hobby Lobby have any mydol?

SoonerKnight
7/31/2007, 12:00 AM
I hate Hobby Lobby more than Texas! Well......yep I do!!!!!

proud gonzo
7/31/2007, 12:19 AM
k, i haven't read the rest of the thread yet, but of everywhere that puts up christmas decorations way too early, hobby lobby is one of the few that I can understand. most people who are buying decorations from a craft store like that are putting their own stuff together, so it'll probably take a little time to do.

Mjcpr
7/31/2007, 07:32 AM
Also, HL is churchy so Christmas is probably like their Christmas.

Or something.

OUinFLA
7/31/2007, 07:33 AM
/obligatory"reasonable explantion - rant-kill comment" <insert here> /obligatory

MamaMia
7/31/2007, 08:13 AM
I love Christmas so much. When I was a little girl I told everyone that when I grew up I was going to move to the North Pole and marry one of Santas sons. :O

I don't start the festivities until the day after Thanksgiving, or the OU/osu game if its on that weekend though. :)

TopDaugIn2000
7/31/2007, 09:04 AM
When I was a kid my mom would put up the tree and decorations at our house the day after Thanksgiving. Then we'd go do the HUGE tree and all of the decorations at Church (took 2 days, HAD to be done before Sunday so it was late nights), then we'd go Sunday afternoon and put up a tree at her school room for Monday. As soon as Christmas was over we had to go take it all down and clean up. I think I just got burned out. I swore that when I grew up, I wouldn't put up a tree or any decorations. I've been out of the house for 9 years and that still rings true. Mom shames me every year, says her granddogs won't know what Christmas is, but I feel like they know as much or more as the other kids. One year she even accused me of being "A little too Muslim" back when I was dating Achmed. That hurt.

phead903
8/1/2007, 09:23 PM
Christmas has extra special meaning for me as it is also my older daughter's birthday, so every year after Christmas dinner, we have birthday cake!

btw, it's also Jimmy Buffett's birthday, which is kinda cool as well...

and I really like decorating for Christmas....:P