PDA

View Full Version : Another Longhorn in jail

Rooster
7/28/2007, 09:06 PM
this time its sergio kindle out driving drunk.

http://forums.hornfans.com/php/wwwthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=football&Number=5106270&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=

Flagstaffsooner
7/28/2007, 09:11 PM
I'll see that and raise you a poke. http://newsok.com/article/3093520

KantoSooner
7/28/2007, 09:15 PM
I must say that I was pleasantly surprised with the general tone of the UT board. They seem to get it on both a general ethical level and also to understand what a danger it is to their program. kudos.

Rooster
7/28/2007, 09:17 PM
That would be two of a kind...

Rooster
7/28/2007, 09:20 PM
I would hope so, they have lost enough players due to thuggery over the last year that you could call it a recriuting class.

hookem31
7/28/2007, 09:35 PM
Have yet to find any stories on Kindle. Robert Joseph, who was suspended in June and decided to transfer, was arrested Friday, on robbery charges, but no actual news on Kindle.

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/longhorns/entries/2007/07/28/ex_horn_joseph_arrested_again.html

But if this is true, a real disappointment. After having a less than stellar year last season, I was hoping for a breakout year by Kindle.

melbitoast
7/28/2007, 09:48 PM
I'll see that and raise you a poke. http://newsok.com/article/3093520

so by my count, that's a pot dealer, a rapist and a drunken woman beater. boy Gundy, you sure know how to pick 'em. way to be that 2nd chance guy.

Flagstaffsooner
7/28/2007, 11:07 PM
boy Gundy, you sure know how to pick 'em.

http://weblog.qantm.nl/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/jon_picking_his_nose.jpg

rainiersooner
7/29/2007, 12:20 AM
But we're the renegade program. You know, the culture a leader imposes on an organization is more important than the people who are a part of that organization. I guess that's why Bob Stoops is the coach with the most wins in the Big 12.

Rooster
7/29/2007, 12:47 AM
Mack's Statement:

"We’re aware of Sergio’s situation and are disappointed anytime one of our players is accused of wrongdoing. We take a strong stance against drinking and driving and will thoroughly investigate this situation.

“Following the completion of the legal process, we will do what’s best for the university, Sergio and the team. One thing we have really prided ourselves on in our program is our family atmosphere, and this will be handled within our family.”

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/longhorns/index.html

Octavian
7/29/2007, 12:58 AM
From the desk of Mack Brown:

"We’re aware of _________'s situation and are disappointed anytime one of our players is accused of wrongdoing. We take a strong stance against ___________________ and will thoroughly investigate this situation.

“Following the completion of the legal process, we will do what’s best for the university, ___________ and the team. One thing we have really prided ourselves on in our program is our family atmosphere, and this will be handled within our family.”

-Mack

They probably just have the form letter on file and insert the appropriate player name and legal violation every couple months.

For a fanbase that constantly stresses its moral authority and holier than thou stature above all its rivals....they sure do cheer for a lot of thugs.

The University of Texas football program in the '00 Decade -for whatever reason, be it a lax leadership environment or a party town culture -has an entrenched and enduring culture of criminality.

Yeah, they're in college and things like this happen everywhere....but for awhile now it's been happening a lot more in Austin with UT football players than just about anywhere else.

OKC-SLC
7/29/2007, 01:39 AM
Good jorb, Octavian

Flagstaffsooner
7/29/2007, 01:50 AM
Spek for Octavian!

goingoneight
7/29/2007, 01:54 AM
so by my count, that's a pot dealer, a rapist and a drunken woman beater. boy Gundy, you sure know how to pick 'em. way to be that 2nd chance guy.
You forgot the two coaches who were booze-cruisin'. :texan:

goingoneight
7/29/2007, 01:58 AM
I guess skipping out on work early and making two or three phone calls a week make us a 'badderer program.'

Scott D
7/29/2007, 08:47 AM

no the irony is him booting a woman beating gangbanger off the team because he was Les' "boy".

Funky G
7/29/2007, 08:57 AM
Kids make mistakes - Austin police are hard core on drunk drivers so I'm sure there are many other college students getting DUI/DWI's down there. Let's hope all drinking and driving decreases everywhere.

Scott D
7/29/2007, 09:01 AM
Austin police are just frustrated with the mess of I-35 that passes through there.

hookem31
7/29/2007, 09:43 AM
They probably just have the form letter on file and insert the appropriate player name and legal violation every couple months.

For a fanbase that constantly stresses its moral authority and holier than thou stature above all its rivals....they sure do cheer for a lot of thugs.

The University of Texas football program in the '00 Decade -for whatever reason, be it a lax leadership environment or a party town culture -has an entrenched and enduring culture of criminality.

Yeah, they're in college and things like this happen everywhere....but for awhile now it's been happening a lot more in Austin with UT football players than just about anywhere else.

While I'll be the first to agree that Mack & Co. need to crack down on this type of behavior, painting a broad stroke and using the word thugs is a bit much. To say that someone who's arrested for a DWI is a thug is irresponsible.

How many here have had too much to drink and then gotten behind the wheel? I'd be willing to bet that the vast majority have. Does that mean they are thugs? No, of course not. But to call a kid a thug when he gets arrested for it, just because he plays for your rival shows a lack of class.

And I will say this. Anytime someone has been caught doing something truly criminal they have been removed from the team, immediately.

And yes, it does happen elsewhere. It's happened about once a year, on average, in Austin.

BTW, I have never had a "holier than thou" attitude about our teams. I know that we can fall, just as easily as any other school. And truth be told, this should be a wake up call to our athletic dept. that changes need to be made before that happens.

Sco
7/29/2007, 10:44 AM
How many here have had too much to drink and then gotten behind the wheel? I'd be willing to bet that the vast majority have. Does that mean they are thugs? No, of course not. But to call a kid a thug when he gets arrested for it, just because he plays for your rival shows a lack of class.

Says the man who's location is "behind the bar".... :D

limey_sooner
7/29/2007, 12:02 PM
[QUOTE=hookem31]And I will say this. Anytime someone has been caught doing something truly criminal they have been removed from the team, immediately.
QUOTE]

Just out of curiosity, what is your definition of "truly criminal"? Oh that's right, anything that Mac says.

goingoneight
7/29/2007, 05:08 PM
Kids make mistakes - Austin police are hard core on drunk drivers so I'm sure there are many other college students getting DUI/DWI's down there. Let's hope all drinking and driving decreases everywhere.

True. I don't want anyone doing this, even whorens. I would rather hear about UT being a clean program than to hear about DUIs.

finster
7/29/2007, 05:35 PM
Texas is the southern Baptists of the Big 12. Screw those sanctimonious, holier then thou "I drive 65 mph in the fast lane cause that's the law" freaks of misplaced minority pickup dragging pride.

MojoRisen
7/29/2007, 06:12 PM
I remember when this kind of stuff didn't make national news. Kid's make mistakes in college- Drunk driving is bad and - needs to be punished.

However 90% of college kids could say that they at one time or another or even once a month could get busted for blowing a .08 and being behind the wheel- even if it is a quick run to the beer store.

hookem31
7/29/2007, 08:32 PM
[QUOTE=hookem31]And I will say this. Anytime someone has been caught doing something truly criminal they have been removed from the team, immediately.
QUOTE]

Just out of curiosity, what is your definition of "truly criminal"? Oh that's right, anything that Mac says.

If that made sense, I would respond.

colleyvillesooner
7/29/2007, 10:37 PM
I predict two game suspension. Maybe just one since game 2 is TCU.

Octavian
7/29/2007, 10:56 PM
To say that someone who's arrested for a DWI is a thug is irresponsible.

no...getting arrested for a DWI is irresponsible.

And I will say this. Anytime someone has been caught doing something truly criminal they have been removed from the team, immediately.

really?

El Ced finished out his career.

Ramonce Taylor practiced throughout the summer with hopes of playing in the season until getting busted again.

Tarrell Brown missed two games and then started the rest of the year.

who else? There are others.

And yes, it does happen elsewhere. It's happened about once a year, on average, in Austin.

once a year?

If it averages out to once a year over the course of Mack's decade-long tenure, then there must not have been any arrests in the first five (or six) years.

it'd be interesting to see a graph on this topic to see the rise in offenses.

BTW, I have never had a "holier than thou" attitude about our teams. I know that we can fall, just as easily as any other school. And truth be told, this should be a wake up call to our athletic dept. that changes need to be made before that happens.

so you say that it's "irresponsible" and "classless" (holier than thou, anyone?) for someone else to notice the trend and openly criticize it.....before saying yourself that it should be a "wake-up call" and that "changes need to be made."

sounds like we kinda agree.

OSUAggie
7/29/2007, 11:30 PM
You're displaying a holier-than-thou attitude against the drunk drivers... You should be ashamed.

TexasLidig8r
7/30/2007, 09:04 AM
It is as true today in my mid 40s as it was when I was in my mid 20s...

ONLY BAD THINGS HAPPEN AFTER 2 A.M.!!!

If you haven't found your fun long before then... get the hell home.

dummass kids...

hmphhhhhh..... :mad:

JohnnyMack
7/30/2007, 09:13 AM
You're displaying a holier-than-thou attitude against the drunk drivers... You should be ashamed.

You're displaying a laissez-faire attitude about drunk drivers... You should be careful, I know of one that lives in Stillwater that would mow you down like a John Deere goin' over a dandelion.

:eddie:

JohnnyMack
7/30/2007, 09:15 AM
I predict two game suspension. Maybe just one since game 2 is TCU.

****. He'll get benched for at least the first 30 minutes of warm-ups for the first game.

OSUAggie
7/30/2007, 09:21 AM
You're displaying a laissez-faire attitude about drunk drivers... You should be careful, I know of one that lives in Stillwater that would mow you down like a John Deere goin' over a dandelion.

:eddie:

Yes, acknowledging hypocrisy definitely equates to a care-free attitude about drunk drivers. :rolleyes:

JohnnyMack
7/30/2007, 09:23 AM
Yes, acknowledging hypocrisy definitely equates to a care-free attitude about drunk drivers. :rolleyes:

I don't drive drunk. So I guess I can talk **** about those who do.

Like that piece of **** coach you like to put up on pedestal.

OSUAggie
7/30/2007, 09:25 AM
Ah yes, the piece of **** coach. The one who ruined so many Goddamn lives by his alcoholism. He's never impacted a human in a positive way in all of his decades on this planet.

Scott D
7/30/2007, 09:29 AM
Ah yes, the piece of **** coach. The one who ruined so many Goddamn lives by his alcoholism. He's never impacted a human in a positive way in all of his decades on this planet.

He impacted the wallet of the father of Chris Mills very well in all of his decades on this planet ;)

OSUAggie
7/30/2007, 09:32 AM
That's about as relevant as saying Bob Stoops stuffed Rhett Bomar and JD Quinn's pockets.

hookem31
7/30/2007, 03:09 PM
no...getting arrested for a DWI is irresponsible.

Yes it is. And calling someone a thug, because they were arrested for a crime that thousands, including our President, have been arrested for is irresponsible, as well.

El Ced finished out his career.

Las time I checked, Ced wasn't trying to intending to commit a crime. And regarding that, I'm sure you can use the phrase that in order to become old and wise, you must first be young and stupid.

Ramonce Taylor practiced throughout the summer with hopes of playing in the season until getting busted again.

And as soon as more facts came to light, he was off the team and transfered.

Tarrell Brown missed two games and then started the rest of the year.

That's correct. Brown was suspended for two games (including our biggest game of the year, with tOSU). And the charges were dropped.

so you say that it's "irresponsible" and "classless" (holier than thou, anyone?) for someone else to notice the trend and openly criticize it.....before saying yourself that it should be a "wake-up call" and that "changes need to be made."

No I didn't. I said it was irresponsible and classless to call someone a thug because they were arrested for a DWI. There were plenty of other posts here that criticized Brown and UT. But I didn't respond to them, because they were thought out and actually made a point, instead of just trash talking.