PDA

View Full Version : D-Festicles

LilSooner
7/28/2007, 05:51 PM
So as some of you know I am currently in T town with my hot husband "covering" D-Fest for aforementioned hot husband's web site (www.oklahomarock.com) and my "covering" I really just mean hanging out drinking beer, sweating my *** off, and checking out some really awesome bands.

Because we are press we get in everywhere for free, free beer, and also got to be upfront for lips concert last night which was freaking awesome, except almost passing out because of the heat.

I was so close to Wayne that I could have kissed him on the cheek it was greatness.

But before all of that awesomeness there was the exception of the GREAT DISAPPOINTMENT that is Bri. Seriously, he invites us to go to dinner with him and then is a total no show. So instead we had dinner last night with the guitarist from forty minuets of hell and we saw Wayne checking in to whatever hotel we were at I forget. I pussed out and missed an opportunity to take a picture with the great one.

Oh and we saw VK and Czar. Czar is a lucky bastage because VK is one nice piece of ace, if ya know what I'm talking about.

Total. Hotness.

Oh and Bri sucks. That is all.

GottaHavePride
7/28/2007, 07:31 PM
What the **** is D-Fest?

OUAndy1807
7/28/2007, 08:06 PM
brag brag brag

StuIsTheMan
7/28/2007, 08:16 PM
What the **** is D-Fest?

It's a warm up event for the finale'...DD-Fest!:D

hurricane'bone
7/28/2007, 08:36 PM
The show last night was awesome, but what is even better is sitting in a movie theater watching the simpsons movie with MC Chris - right now a few hours before he takes the stage at Studio 310. Sorry about yesterday Lil - I think both Bri and I ended up taking the pregame nap. Maybe we will catch you guys tonight!

SoonerStud615
7/29/2007, 12:40 AM
I managed to get a video camera into the lips show, I'm fixing up the footage, about an hour's worth, and will have some vids up on youtube for all those who missed out.

bri
7/29/2007, 02:00 AM
First of all, I would like to publicly apologize to Rhino and Lil for falling asleep and missing the dinner that I scheduled. My bad. I hate like hell that you two were in my town all weekend and couldn't meet up.

Second of all, it was awesome to see Czar, VK, and M again. Hope you guys enjoyed yourselves and I'm sorry you couldn't go see The Simpsons Movie with mc chris, 'cause it was f*cking win.

Finally, D-Fest kicked *ss. It was surreal to see the Mayor of Tulsa introduce the Flaming Lips in the shadow of new City Hall (One Tech)...it gives me untold faith for the future of Tulsa. And mc chris OWNZ.

SoonerAtKU
7/29/2007, 06:32 AM
I wanna go to an mcchris show. But he doesn't tour (in STL this time) so in the meantime, I'm gonna memorize alla his rhymes.

VeeJay
7/29/2007, 07:02 AM
I visited Pilot Mountain State Park yesterday.

And was totally unfazed by Bri's slumber.

Viking Kitten
7/29/2007, 10:03 AM
Yup, Friday night's Flaming Lips show was awesome. And about 200 degrees down close to the front where we were. There was a beautiful full moon over Tulsa, what the band was seeing as they played looked like this:

http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/5480/l19e70a37f3745fda106675oq1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

M's got some more great pics of the show.

I think Wayne maybe drank some hot tea with lemon and honey before the show because it was the best I've ever heard his voice sound during a live performance. I only wish that their show would have been longer, and that Shiny Toy Guns would have started later.

Great to see the SF.com crew too. And don't let Lil fool you. Rhino's the lucky one. That girl is gorgeous.

Mixer!
7/29/2007, 11:59 AM
How was colourmusic?

M
7/29/2007, 12:07 PM
It was surreal to see the Mayor of Tulsa introduce the Flaming Lips in the shadow of new City Hall (One Tech)...it gives me untold faith for the future of Tulsa.

True, although seeing Kathy Taylor's nose hairs and wrinkles magnified a bajillioin times on the big screen probably wasn't the best idea.

Other than that minor faux pas, it was an awesome show!

Viking Kitten
7/29/2007, 01:31 PM
Dammit M, we totally should have played the "press" angle and gotten down in the very front too. We need to think about more creative ways to use those OPA cards.:P

Newbomb Turk
7/29/2007, 01:37 PM
we saw Wayne checking in to whatever hotel we were at I forget. I pussed out and missed an opportunity to take a picture with the great one.

Gretzky was in Tulsa?!

william_brasky
7/29/2007, 02:39 PM
LilSooner calling VK a hot piece of ace.

VK calling Lil gorgeous.

:hot: :D

SoonerStud615
7/29/2007, 03:21 PM
How was colourmusic?
I loved them. I went over to the Merch booth, and bought their EP right after.

Here's the pics I got (http://hs.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2009679&l=5f586&id=1441020191)for anyone interested. It's viewable to anyone, not just facebook members.

Rhino
7/29/2007, 06:52 PM
How was colourmusic? Funny you ask... (http://www.oklahomarock.com/blog/?p=513)

From about two blocks away, we heard what sounded like ‘Twinkle Twinkle Little Star’ coming from the main stage. As we got closer, we heard the fun and lively sounds of Colourmusic (http://www.myspace.com/colourmusic). A crowd of 350-400 were enjoying the band’s music, as bouncy balls and streamers were constantly being thrown at them by the band’s dancing helpers. To say Colourmusic’s set was colourful would be dumb and trite. But when you combine their bouncy, infectious sounds with the yellow, white and red backdrops and corresponding band member t-shirts and shorts, it’s hard to describe it as anything else. Colourmusic takes a page out of The Flaming Lips’ guide to live shows in creating an experience, not just another show.

bri
7/30/2007, 10:18 AM
True, although seeing Kathy Taylor's nose hairs and wrinkles magnified a bajillioin times on the big screen probably wasn't the best idea.

Other than that minor faux pas, it was an awesome show!

Yeah, her staff and/or kids did her a great disservice by not warning her about the Wayne-Cam. :eek:

Mjcpr
7/30/2007, 10:20 AM
Who's taller, Lil or Mayor Taylor?

OU4LIFE
7/30/2007, 10:28 AM
no thanks guys, I was busy...

LilSooner
7/30/2007, 10:55 AM
Who's taller, Lil or Mayor Taylor?

Mayor Taylor by FAR. We were standing close to her down next to the stage after she got finished introducing them.

Also, she left not long into the set. Which was extremely lame.

Mjcpr
7/30/2007, 11:23 AM
Mayor Taylor by FAR. We were standing close to her down next to the stage after she got finished introducing them.

:D

In fairness, her rawking years are probably over.

bri
7/30/2007, 11:58 AM

What? NOES!!!

What's next, telling me that she didn't really say "F*CK YEAH!" when Wayne asked her if it was all right to encourage everyone to smoke as much pot as possible? ;)

LilSooner
7/30/2007, 01:25 PM
Zipp it Mr. Ican'tfollowthroughwithplansthatIset.

bri
7/30/2007, 01:34 PM
Tee hee!

bri
7/30/2007, 04:31 PM
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1007/954026788_982975d7ba_o.jpg

Horton Introduces A Who!

picasso
7/30/2007, 04:36 PM
whatta mug. I like her fake smile better.:)

we ate a late lunch down at the Blue Dome Diner yesterday and the town was trashed.

damn hippies.

bri
7/30/2007, 04:43 PM
Nah, the hippies were Friday night. Saturday night was the baby boomers and the hipsters.

picasso
7/30/2007, 04:47 PM
shi that's right, the hippies woulda cleaned up and drove off their electric vans.:D

looks like it was fun.

bri
7/30/2007, 04:51 PM
No, the hippies just would have smoked what they could, then rolled around in the rest. F*ckin filthy urchins.

haichbee and I were driving around, trying to find a place to park, when three damn Moonbeam hippies in their matching all-white outfits crossed the street in front of us, all oblivious to the real world around them. I was all, "Dude, hit them. They achieve total nirvana if they die at a Lips show."

F*ckin' hippies. Gah.

stoopified
7/30/2007, 10:47 PM
Awesome :)

soonerboomer93
7/30/2007, 11:44 PM
eh

Shanghia was better

;)

bri
7/31/2007, 12:19 AM
Only if you're an easily amused drunk with a passport.

"Oooh, different bars!"

SoonerStud615
8/6/2007, 03:46 PM
My first vid I've edited from DFEST, more to come

The UFO descent and bubble walk: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fD-0xe6LBlY

soonerboomer93
8/6/2007, 06:56 PM
Only if you're an easily amused drunk with a passport.

"Oooh, different bars!"

hey, i resemble that remark

fugger