PDA

View Full Version : Trip to Indy (Wishin' I was in DT)

phead903
7/28/2007, 05:19 PM
So I'm sitting in my hotel room in Indianapolis looking out the window at the Airport parking lot...at least I get to go to Morton's tonight for a decent meal!

Then I go to the NASCAR race tomorrow and entertain about 40 customers...should be a real blast!

Rogue
7/28/2007, 05:21 PM
We'll be up that way next month for a Dave Matthews Band concert. Well 2 of 'em actually on Fri and Sat nights.

So, with customers to entertain do you get to enjoy the race in climate-controlled box-suite goodness?

phead903
7/28/2007, 05:24 PM
We'll be up that way next month for a Dave Matthews Band concert. Well 2 of 'em actually on Fri and Sat nights.

So, with customers to entertain do you get to enjoy the race in climate-controlled box-suite goodness?

Yes - we do have a suite about 50 yards from the finish line (as near as I can tell). Hopefully, there will be a big screen tv with a golf tournament on so I can watch it for 4 hours!:D

Rogue
7/28/2007, 05:26 PM
Seriously? You'd rather watch golf on TV all day than cars turning left?! I used to think they were equally as boring but now I'm really digging the whole TURN LEFT! dealio.

phead903
7/28/2007, 05:33 PM
I'm just not really into the whole NASCAR thing - today there was a Gretchen Wilson concert and tomorrow it's JoDee Messina.:confused: I guess they wouldn't ever have Steely Dan at one of these, huh?

Of course, I'd settle for Loggins and Messina, but JoDee Messina????

PrideTrombone
7/28/2007, 05:44 PM
You should go to St. Elmo's instead. Best steak I've ever had.

SoonerGirl06
7/28/2007, 05:47 PM
Does anyone else think JoDee Messina is just too "manly" looking? Kinda strange IMO.

Hope your trip gets better and the towel rod doesn't fall down on ya! ;)

bluedogok
7/28/2007, 10:00 PM
I was up there in June for the Formula 1 race, we booked late and stayed the Radisson-Airport, sounds about like the same view.

phead903
7/28/2007, 11:18 PM
We tried St Elmo's - couldn't get in tonight...

i am staying in the Radisson - Airport and it hasn't improved!

Morton's was the usual steady self - blue point oysters, lump crab cocktail, bone-in rib-eye with a double magnum of Caymus cab!

then we went to Nicky Blaine's for cigars and after dinner drinks.

Gotta get up early tomorrow to be at the track by 8:00 a.m UGH!!

Sooner24
7/28/2007, 11:24 PM
So I'm sitting in my hotel room in Indianapolis looking out the window at the Airport parking lot...at least I get to go to Morton's tonight for a decent meal!

Then I go to the NASCAR race tomorrow and entertain about 40 customers...should be a real blast!

Next year I will entertain your customers, at the race, for you if you want me too. Just fly me up and put me up at a motel and you wouldn't even have to pay me to do it. :D

bluedogok
7/29/2007, 10:42 AM
Well, the Sleep Number beds are nice.......did they get the second floor hallway A/C fixed?

They do start things awfully early there. It was a convenient place to stay, after we finally got out of Lot 2 we got back from the track after the race in about 30 minutes by taking Crawfordsville to High School Road. Of course the USGP had about a 1/4 of the attendance that the 500 or Brickyard race has. If we go to the MotoGP race next year I think I will try to find a place downtown.

SoonerGirl06
7/29/2007, 11:50 AM
So ph... how's that hangover doing? :D

phead903
7/29/2007, 08:24 PM
So ph... how's that hangover doing? :D

Much better now...had a greasy cheesburger and a cold beer. Just what I needed!!!:D

SoonerGirl06
7/29/2007, 08:30 PM
Was it a Miller Chill? Those things are the yummy!!!