PDA

View Full Version : What hacks me off.

sanantoniosooner
7/28/2007, 11:08 AM
When I damaged a car with no witnesses a few months ago I left all my info and totally took all blame as is the right thing to do.

Today, I am backing into a spot at a bank and some old fart decides to start backing out of his spot. I'm about 80% into my spot. I stop and wave my arms and honk. He looks right at me and continues backing up raking his front corner across my two side doors (both drivers sides). He continues backing up and giving me a dirty look. Then he proceeds to exit the lot. I chase him down on foot getting his tag number and yelling at him. He curses at me through his window and claims he didn't hit me. I point at the damage on his own car and say he did. So he parks and gets out continuing to curse me and try and blame me for it.

He looks like a rich lawyering type. This is going to be a pain in the butt unless the damage locations on the vehicles speaks louder than the individuals.

Turd_Ferguson
7/28/2007, 11:12 AM
Shoulda spit on his hood and threatin to kick his ***.

MamaMia
7/28/2007, 11:18 AM
Since it happened at a bank, maybe there were cameras that witnessed the whole thing?

sanantoniosooner
7/28/2007, 11:22 AM
Since it happened at a bank, maybe there were cameras that witnessed the whole thing?
Nope. And 90% of the time the bank has a security guards posted in the lot, but not this time. I sent for guards since the guy was such an a-hole. They took statements, information, and some photos.

Turd_Ferguson
7/28/2007, 11:25 AM
Best scenario would have been to get his tag number, return to your car, call the po-po and report a hit and run. That way, maybe he would've gotten a wood shampoo when they hunted him down.

jk the sooner fan
7/28/2007, 01:00 PM
as we discussed on the phone.......the more information you give his carrier, the better

let me know how that first phone call goes

Frozen Sooner
7/28/2007, 01:33 PM
I guess I don't understand this accident.

You were backing into a spot. You saw someone else backing out of another spot. You decide to stop and honk at him for some reason instead of pulling your car out of traffic? Then he looks right out you, hits you, and tries to drive off?

Seriously, I'm trying to understand what happened here. Why didn't you just finish pulling into your spot?

Frozen Sooner
7/28/2007, 01:35 PM
OK, I think I get it now-you were backing into a spot and he was in the spot next to yours? I see how it happened.

What a **** nozzle.

GrapevineSooner
7/28/2007, 01:40 PM
Nevermind. :D

jk the sooner fan
7/28/2007, 04:20 PM
parking lot accidents are the worst for adjusters.....or i should say for those trying to process a 3d party claim

King Crimson
7/28/2007, 04:33 PM
my only car accident was with a guy i knew and he lied through his teeth about how it happened. he blasted into me in a parking lot. cost me 200$, which was a lot when i was in high school.

sanantoniosooner
7/28/2007, 05:05 PM
OK, I think I get it now-you were backing into a spot and he was in the spot next to yours? I see how it happened.

What a **** nozzle.
exactly.

Here's a lesson for people. If you see someone gesturing wildly and yelling and you are doing something. Stop what you are doing and then decide if they are nuts or have a legitimate concern.

The guy ignored my gesturing, attempted to leave the scene, flipped me off, cursed me out, denied he hit anything..................

and then refused to discuss it because I wasn't rational:rolleyes:

Funniest thing I've heard in a while if it wasn't full of suck.

rufnek05
7/29/2007, 03:10 AM
BLEEEEEEEEEEEPEEEEEEEEEEEEERPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP :texan:

CUinNC
7/29/2007, 05:39 AM
exactly.

Here's a lesson for people. If you see someone gesturing wildly and yelling and you are doing something. Stop what you are doing and then decide if they are nuts or have a legitimate concern.

The guy ignored my gesturing, attempted to leave the scene, flipped me off, cursed me out, denied he hit anything..................

and then refused to discuss it because I wasn't rational:rolleyes:

You've got a helluva lot more patience than most ......shoulda, coulda, woulda...Best of Luck & hope you nail the guy

VeeJay
7/29/2007, 06:58 AM
That is teh succ.

Were you in South Florida when this happened?

Some people deserve to be tasered.

sanantoniosooner
8/24/2007, 05:38 PM
Well HOLY CARP!!!!

USAA has taken full liability and I'm vindicated.

When they suggested to their client that he should file against my insurance, two weeks after the accident, I figured I was about to get bent over.

The temptation to gloat at the a-hole that hit me is pretty strong. I'll resist though.

Unless y'all think I should :D

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
8/24/2007, 05:49 PM
Well HOLY CARP!!!!

USAA has taken full liability and I'm vindicated.

When they suggested to their client that he should file against my insurance, two weeks after the accident, I figured I was about to get bent over.

The temptation to gloat at the a-hole that hit me is pretty strong. I'll resist though.

Unless y'all think I should :DIs he whorn?

olevetonahill
8/24/2007, 05:57 PM
I think you should Go see him . Wave your arms, Yell , scream . Then Point and LYFAO at him

sanantoniosooner
8/24/2007, 05:57 PM
He's a retired Air Force Colonel.

I can't vouch for any team affiliation.

OUHOMER
8/24/2007, 06:29 PM
You should send him a Thank You card. that should really set him off

jk the sooner fan
8/24/2007, 07:58 PM
i think you should count your blessings that USAA honored a parking lot claim and go about your merry business!

sanantoniosooner
8/24/2007, 08:15 PM
She even apologized for the guy being a a-hole to me.:)

Widescreen
8/24/2007, 08:16 PM
Why did they believe you over the *********?

jk the sooner fan
8/24/2007, 08:18 PM
Why did they believe you over the *********?

POI

sanantoniosooner
8/24/2007, 08:21 PM
The circumstantial evidence outweighed either opinion.

That's what I hoped for. I'm just not sure why they told him to file a claim against me and then sided with me.

jk the sooner fan
8/24/2007, 08:24 PM
The circumstantial evidence outweighed either opinion.

That's what I hoped for. I'm just not sure why they told him to file a claim against me and then sided with me.

they told him that because there was really nothing else to tell him to shut up......most likely

and because they knew what your carrier's answer would be

sanantoniosooner
8/24/2007, 08:29 PM
Would a christmas card to the a-hole be out of line?

jk the sooner fan
8/24/2007, 08:30 PM
would it make you feel better?

sanantoniosooner
8/24/2007, 08:32 PM
yes.

yes it would.

jk the sooner fan
8/24/2007, 08:38 PM
then yes, send it

sanantoniosooner
8/24/2007, 08:42 PM