PDA

View Full Version : Am I mean by not wanting to share my PC?

MamaMia
7/28/2007, 10:10 AM
My computer is in my kitchen. I have a little desk-like place built into my cabinets. I have an antique chair that I sit on. In the future I may move it to a bigger desk hidden away somewhere, but for right now, I like my computer there. The problem is that relatives who come to visit us just help themselves to my computer. They will even surf the net for an hour or two and check their email, all while drinking a soda and eating popcorn or whatever. Am I mean by not wanting to share my PC? :confused:

sooner_born_1960
7/28/2007, 10:11 AM
Kinda.

SoonerGirl06
7/28/2007, 10:14 AM
I don't think so.... especially if they're whorns. ;)

MamaMia
7/28/2007, 10:15 AM
My keyboard is all sticky and I just turned it upside down. There are enough cracker crumbs in here to make a meat loaf. :rolleyes:

sooner_born_1960
7/28/2007, 10:18 AM
Mmm... meatloaf.

SoonerGirl06
7/28/2007, 10:19 AM
Now that's just not right.

Definitely make your PC off limits. Anyone that does't respect the personal space of others... shame on them!

RADsooner
7/28/2007, 10:20 AM
put a password on it.

sooner_born_1960
7/28/2007, 10:21 AM
Tell them to wash their hands. And no eating at the computer.

olevetonahill
7/28/2007, 10:21 AM
Mine at the shop is password protected . I dont want folks on it for a lot of reasons . If you are gonna let em use it Put your foot down . NO FOOD OR DRINK NEAR THE PC
ywia

bluedogok
7/28/2007, 10:22 AM
Is there anyway you could make one of those appliance garages and roll it back into there and pull the door down when you're not using it? Outta sight, outta mind for many people.

MamaMia
7/28/2007, 10:23 AM
I don't think so.... especially if they're whorns. ;)
Yes, it was the horn who monopolized my computer. He also cut the heart out of my watermelon and ate it before I could get back to the patio with forks and napkins for the other guests. He also stepped in his own dogs poop and walked through my kitchen and dining area on his way to my bathroom and washed his dog poop foot off in my vanity sink, instead of just using the hose. Yes, he brought his dog to my house. I had to stop what I was doing and mop my floors and clean my bathroom with soapy bleach water. :mad:

Newbomb Turk
7/28/2007, 10:24 AM
kinda rude for someone to help themselves to your pc without asking.

sooner_born_1960
7/28/2007, 10:25 AM
Why is that kind of person even at your house?

Newbomb Turk
7/28/2007, 10:26 AM
and kinda rude for someone to track dog poop all over your house - and wash it off in your sink. Have they heard of a garden hose?

SoonerGirl06
7/28/2007, 10:26 AM
Bastage! :mad:

Guests like that drive me nuts!

Shall I call my cousin in New York? He's in the "Sanitation" business, ya know. ;) :D

MamaMia
7/28/2007, 10:27 AM
Why is that kind of person even at your house?Because he is married to my favorite cousin. :(

Newbomb Turk
7/28/2007, 10:29 AM
Because he is married to my favorite cousin. :(

well that wouldn't be my favorite cousin any more.

MamaMia
7/28/2007, 10:30 AM
and kinda rude for someone to track dog poop all over your house - and wash it off in your sink. Have they heard of a garden hose?
I paid for them a hotel room for two nights because of the dog and they still brought him over.

soonerinabilene
7/28/2007, 10:41 AM
I paid for them a hotel room for two nights because of the dog and they still brought him over.

ok, thats where i would have lost it. the fact that he doesnt have anything shoved up his private places and a big piece of his own dogs crap inside his mouth is a true testament to your character.

Flagstaffsooner
7/28/2007, 10:42 AM
Lock and load boys. Let's head to Woodward and liberate Mom from that gawdlesswhorn.

http://www.impawards.com/1984/posters/red_dawn.jpg

sooner_born_1960
7/28/2007, 10:55 AM
What is this IMP AWARDS.COM? That's like the forth time I've seen that.

OUHOMER
7/28/2007, 11:45 AM
put a screen saver on it that says "THIS IS LIKE MY CAR, I DO NOT LOAN IT OUT. DO NOT ASK AND THERE WILL BE NO HARD FEELINGS"

MamaMia
7/28/2007, 12:51 PM
put a screen saver on it that says "THIS IS LIKE MY CAR, I DO NOT LOAN IT OUT. DO NOT ASK AND THERE WILL BE NO HARD FEELINGS" Okay, thats a good idea. Right now I just have that moving star thing when my computer is on hold. Can one of you experts make me one with an Italian scenery theme with the words...
PLEASE DON'T ASK TO USE MY COMPUTER AND THERE WILL BE NO HARD FEELINGS on it? Oh, and how do you lock your computer with a password? :)

proud gonzo
7/28/2007, 01:09 PM
Yes, it was the horn who monopolized my computer. He also cut the heart out of my watermelon and ate it before I could get back to the patio with forks and napkins for the other guests. He also stepped in his own dogs poop and walked through my kitchen and dining area on his way to my bathroom and washed his dog poop foot off in my vanity sink, instead of just using the hose. Yes, he brought his dog to my house. I had to stop what I was doing and mop my floors and clean my bathroom with soapy bleach water. :mad:to hell with not letting him use your computer. I'd just shoot him.

OUHOMER
7/28/2007, 01:19 PM
Okay, thats a good idea. Right now I just have that moving star thing when my computer is on hold. Can one of you experts make me one with an Italian scenery theme with the words...
PLEASE DON'T ASK TO USE MY COMPUTER AND THERE WILL BE NO HARD FEELINGS on it? Oh, and how do you lock your computer with a password? :)

hit start button, go to control panel, go to display, go to screen saver, scroll for Marquee, hit settings , type in what ever you want.

oumartin
7/28/2007, 01:30 PM
Should have made the Texan pull the weeds outta your driveway!

leavingthezoo
7/28/2007, 01:33 PM
i don't understand why you don't just tell them the rules of the house. want to use a computer? bring a laptop. want to bring your dog? um, no.

it amazes me that people can somehow be manipulated into allowing things that are totally unacceptable because of guests. and if the fear is... it might cause a rift, so what? it speaks volumes about your guests if you can't be honest with them without them getting their panties in a bunch. of course, if they can pretty much run over you without consequence... that kind of speaks to the host, imo.

GrapevineSooner
7/28/2007, 01:51 PM
Extremely rude to come over just so they can use your computer.

I think you ought to have a heart to heart talk with them, Mama. And lay out in no uncertain terms that they're not there just to use the computer. If this behavior continues, simply go to Start > Control Panel > User Accounts > pick your account, and put a password on your account.

Problem solved ;)

Seamus
7/28/2007, 02:21 PM
I'm getting ****ed reading this thread. The nerve of those people!

MamaMia
7/28/2007, 02:23 PM
Extremely rude to come over just so they can use your computer.

I think you ought to have a heart to heart talk with them, Mama. And lay out in no uncertain terms that they're not there just to use the computer. If this behavior continues, simply go to Start > Control Panel > User Accounts > pick your account, and put a password on your account.

Problem solved ;)Thanks. I now have a password. That should help. :)

Mixer!
7/28/2007, 02:31 PM
Oh hell no. You're PC is like your toothbrush or cap. They should know better, but then again... :texan:

Tailwind
7/28/2007, 02:58 PM
Just don't let your niceness make you give em the password!

OKC-SLC
7/28/2007, 03:06 PM
the fact that he doesnt have anything shoved up his private places and a big piece of his own dogs crap inside his mouth is a true testament to your character.
but the good thing is, the night is young.

MamaMia
7/28/2007, 03:36 PM
Just don't let your niceness make you give em the password!I know they'll ask me why I don't want people on my computer.
Now I have all kinds of junk mail coming in that I'm having to put in my spam folder.

MamaMia
1/21/2008, 07:27 AM
Well, that password idea didn't last very long. I just sat down in front of my computer to enjoy my morning java only to discover that someone logged onto my computer and tapped themselves in as a "Guest." I got wireless in my home to accommodate everyones lap top so they would stay off my computer.

The culprit left what appears to be a half eaten piece of chocolate cake with butter cream frosting, some of which made its way onto my mouse. Lovely. :rolleyes:

1stTimeCaller
1/21/2008, 07:37 AM
take the keyboard and put it in your unmentionables drawer.

VeeJay
1/21/2008, 07:49 AM
take the keyboard and put it in your unmentionables drawer.

Is there an echo in here? ;)

I agree with what Newbomb said - it's rude for someone - even a relative, to jump on your PC without even asking.

If it's your computer, it's sort of your own personal property. You could equate that with someone coming into your home and taking the keys to your car without asking. If someone is surfing the net on your PC and download a nasty virus, they probably wouldn't admit it and sure wouldn't stick around to fix it for you.

No, it is not mean for you to be protective of your computer.

StormySooner-IN
1/21/2008, 08:30 AM
I dont want folks on it for a lot of reasons .
:rolleyes:

:D

OUDoc
1/21/2008, 08:53 AM
Lock your doors.

How many people stroll through your house without you knowing, Mama?

OKLA21FAN
1/21/2008, 08:59 AM
change the start up wave fil chime to some pron and turn the volume up. when they get on your putter, ....well....you will know. :pop:

BigRedJed
1/21/2008, 10:42 AM
You can turn off the guest option.

Howzit
1/21/2008, 10:47 AM
Dig a pit around the computer, and put sharp pointy stakes at the bottom. Cover it with banana tree and palm fronds to camouflage it.

That'll teach the bastards.

GrapevineSooner
1/21/2008, 10:52 AM
Yup, pull it up in Users and Accounts in Control Panel > Click on Guest Account and there should be an option to disable it.

IB4OU2
1/21/2008, 11:26 AM
Hide the keyboard in the oven.

OCUDad
1/21/2008, 12:11 PM
It's been 6 months and we still haven't fixed this situation for Mama?