PDA

View Full Version : Thanks from a Longhorn

utex74
7/27/2007, 11:11 PM
Thank you! I just saw your OOC schedule through about 2016, I think, and I really like it. Besides ND you got FSU, tOSU, Tenn and I can't remember who else. We all know there is pressure in today's system to not risk losing a game but as fans, paying ever increasing amounts for tickets, I think we deserve to see at least some good OOC matchups in addition to the conference schedule. We both are building palaces for stadiums. Fill them with good games.

I thank you not because it really affects me who you play, but because I think it will be a good recruitment hook to promise players headline type games. And if it DOES prove to be a recruitment edge I think it will push Mack to follow suit and schedule a name opponent each year. The two years with tOSU were great! We want more!

Never thought I'd say it, but good for Stoops!

King Crimson
7/27/2007, 11:19 PM
we've always played a decent to very good OOC schedule. don't push off/project your "never play outside the state of Texas" SWC incest puzzy bullshizz on us.

you guys play Ohio State twice and it's like you invented football (as usual).

remember: when OU plays Rice or Houston....it's OU scheduling a "patsie" and when UT plays them "it's a traditional SWC rivalry". RRRAWWK!

YWIA.

Soonerfan88
7/27/2007, 11:32 PM
I'm pretty excited about the future games as well. Hopefully this will become common throughout the entire conference and create more TV buzz which leads to more $$$ for all the teams, not to mention great games for the fans.

boomersooner28
7/28/2007, 12:46 AM
BRING BACK BAMA! That series was fun as hell! Our trip to Tuscaloosa was one of the best times of my life....I would love to do that again.

utex74
7/28/2007, 01:28 AM
we've always played a decent to very good OOC schedule. don't push off/project your "never play outside the state of Texas" SWC incest puzzy bullshizz on us.

remember: when OU plays Rice or Houston....it's OU scheduling a "patsie" and when UT plays them "it's a traditional SWC rivalry". RRRAWWK!

YWIA.

I guess some people just can't take a compliment. And a traditional SWC rivalry can still be, and probably is, a patsy. They're not mutually exclusive. And while we do have home and home's scheduled with Arkansas in '08 and '09 and UCLA in '10 and '11 (last time I checked they were not located within Texas) I would still like to see some early nailing down of opponents like OU just did.

And Texas will not schedule Houston again in our lifetime. But that is a different discussion.

fwsooner22
7/28/2007, 11:23 AM
I guess some people just can't take a compliment. And a traditional SWC rivalry can still be, and probably is, a patsy. They're not mutually exclusive. And while we do have home and home's scheduled with Arkansas in '08 and '09 and UCLA in '10 and '11 (last time I checked they were not located within Texas) I would still like to see some early nailing down of opponents like OU just did.

And Texas will not schedule Houston again in our lifetime. But that is a different discussion.

HAHAHAHA............I know what that is about!!!!!!!!!!!!! Horns :D :pop: :D

Partial Qualifier
7/28/2007, 11:50 AM

Bleachergate! :D

thanks for stopping by utex

utex74
7/28/2007, 12:40 PM
Bleachergate! :D

thanks for stopping by utex

Exactly correct.

SoonerBOI
7/28/2007, 12:47 PM
BRING BACK BAMA! That series was fun as hell! Our trip to Tuscaloosa was one of the best times of my life....I would love to do that again.
I second the motion.:)

OK2LA
7/28/2007, 02:04 PM

YWIA.

Venomous!

Heh.

I like.

Newbomb Turk
7/28/2007, 02:14 PM
I guess some people just can't take a compliment.

don't let it bother you. I think it's King Crimson's "time of the month".:rcmad:

:D

King Crimson
7/28/2007, 02:25 PM
don't let it bother you. I think it's King Crimson's "time of the month".:rcmad:

:D
whatever you say, Newcomb Tex. :texan:

OK2LA
7/28/2007, 02:32 PM

You're either with me or against me.

Newbomb Turk
7/28/2007, 03:03 PM

:mack:

Snrfn4ever08
7/28/2007, 03:18 PM

I'd like to personally apologize for those fans here that can't take a compliment and thank you for actually talking football instead of smack

Okieflyer
7/28/2007, 04:05 PM

Don't make him mad! He just get ****ed and become a South Dakota Coyote fan.;)

http://www.usdcoyotes.com/images/splash/1-0.jpg

At least they have the right colors!

Newbomb Turk
7/28/2007, 04:15 PM
I'm partial to the SDSU Jackrabbits.

http://www.qkstats.net/pages/sdsu.gif

King Crimson
7/28/2007, 04:36 PM
I'm partial to the SDSU Jackrabbits.

http://www.qkstats.net/pages/sdsu.gif

fag.

Rogue
7/28/2007, 04:51 PM
It's not Stoops as much as our AD, Joe Castiglione.

you guys play Ohio State twice and it's like you invented football (as usual). :D :D :D

sanantoniosooner
7/28/2007, 05:20 PM
KC is cranky :D

Okieflyer
7/28/2007, 05:24 PM
KC is cranky :D

He has been cranky. Maybe he needs to stay away from the "South Oval".:D

King Crimson
7/28/2007, 05:41 PM
i'm not cranky, i'm a commie. can't you read? i put the RED in the Big Red Machine.

rawr.

OK2LA
7/29/2007, 06:23 PM
I'd like to personally apologize for those fans here that can't take a compliment and thank you for actually talking football instead of smack

I'd like to personally revoke Snrfn4ever08's apology for us fans here that can't take compliments.

I'd rather talk smack.

Newbomb Turk
7/29/2007, 06:30 PM
fag.

you wish.

King Crimson
7/29/2007, 07:04 PM
you wish.

it was nice buying batteries from you at the 7-11 this afternoon, "Felicia".

trwxxa
7/29/2007, 07:04 PM
We all know there is pressure in today's system to not risk losing a game but as fans, paying ever increasing amounts for tickets, I think we deserve to see at least some good OOC matchups in addition to the conference schedule. We both are building palaces for stadiums. Fill them with good games.

I'll throw a little your way Utex. You are right on with the above statement. Fans are tired of paying top dollar to see weak opponents all of the time.

Most upper echelon schools are scheduling the right way. The wannabes still are not. Too rich to have to take the big away game payday, but not good enough to bypass the 4-0 start.

Hey,at least you guys get to go to Disney World this season;)

King Crimson
7/29/2007, 07:06 PM
check KU's OOC schedule.

Zing
7/29/2007, 09:43 PM

YWIA.

So, does this mean that I'm the only one who remembers our EXTREME matchups with Tulsa touted as the "Red and Gold Classic"? They're just trying to generate interest in their games, seems like.

meoveryouxinfinity
7/29/2007, 09:51 PM
check KU's OOC schedule.
Looks like Oklahoma State's usually does.

Snrfn4ever08
7/29/2007, 09:58 PM
I'd rather talk smack.
And that would be exactly what smack central is for. On the other hand, this is the football thread, where we talk football

goingoneight
7/30/2007, 01:04 AM
"To talketh football is to talketh smack." :D

Snrfn4ever08
7/30/2007, 01:13 AM
"To talketh football is to talketh smack." :D
Yea, I guess I see your point. It's hard to be humble when you're a Sooner...you just can't resist the urge sometimes :D

SoonerKnight
7/30/2007, 02:22 AM
Booooomer!!!!!

SelmaBamaFan
7/30/2007, 05:12 AM

I'd LOVE to come to Norman again for a Bama game :)