PDA

View Full Version : OSU to the Rose Bowl according to Orangepower.com

SoonerBOI
7/27/2007, 07:10 PM
Daydreamers and drunkards those pokes...LOL

http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=38209

Sooner13
7/27/2007, 07:19 PM
I'm sorry but I will shart myself if OSU scores 50 points per game. There's about as much a chance of that as them going undefeated.

John Kochtoston
7/27/2007, 07:20 PM
Daydreamers and drunkards those pokes...LOL

http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=38209

If by OSU they mean the real OSU (Ohio St.) then yeah, maybe.

soonerinabilene
7/27/2007, 08:03 PM
Apparently, soonerfans is not the only place to enjoy a drunktown thread.

SOONER STEAKER
7/27/2007, 08:32 PM
That's right. OSU (agriculture department) is in charge on sprinkling maneur on the roses thi fall so the floats will look great for the parade. As for the football team, they'll be in Shrevport if all goes to plan.

Newbomb Turk
7/27/2007, 08:38 PM
I have nothing to add other than that ^^ post was messing things up when I click "new posts" because of that long assed username.

orangekaje
7/27/2007, 08:53 PM
Pretty much everyone that replied to that thread said the original poster was on crack. http://www.badgerandblade.com/vb/images/smilies/animated_and_colorful/sleep.gif

Snrfn4ever08
7/27/2007, 09:50 PM
Seeing that thread convinced me to officially register for that site...lots and lots of havoc to be wrought

Soonerus
7/27/2007, 09:54 PM
It will be an intelligent day in Stillwater before OSU plays in the Rose Bowl...

PrideTrombone
7/27/2007, 09:57 PM
Pretty much everyone that replied to that thread said the original poster was on crack. http://www.badgerandblade.com/vb/images/smilies/animated_and_colorful/sleep.gif

Yeah, I do have to give the other aggies credit for recognizing the utter despair that is OSU football fandom.:)

Jimminy Crimson
7/27/2007, 10:39 PM
Toilet Bowl much more likely...

Snrfn4ever08
7/27/2007, 10:42 PM
Yeah, I do have to give the other aggies credit for recognizing the utter despair that is OSU football fandom.:)
I just keep asking myself "Why?" Why would anyone want to be an OSU fan? That's like choosing to suck. Why do that to yourself?

OUTrumpet
7/27/2007, 11:06 PM
I just keep asking myself "Why?" Why would anyone want to be an OSU fan? That's like choosing to suck. Why do that to yourself?

Some people are masochists? Or just dumb as **** :texan:

And that guy that thinks OSU is going to the Rose Bowl...cocaine is a heck of a drug...

King Crimson
7/27/2007, 11:20 PM
aint' gonna happen. Dan Hawkins said CU can win the Big XII.

(though i will say, start laughing now, but i hate the way we play CU the week before the RRS--bad juju).

Jewstin
7/27/2007, 11:43 PM
(though i will say, start laughing now, but i hate the way we play CU the week before the RRS--bad juju).

People always laugh when I suggest this as well, but we've had some close ones up in Boulder. This game is definitely my "oh my god, everyone else is super confident, but I'm totally keeping my guard up" game. Dan Hawkins built that program at Boise State, so you know the guy can coach.

47straight
7/28/2007, 02:01 AM
As long as no PAC-10 or Big-10 schools get to play in the rose bowl, I'm happy.

SoonerDood
7/28/2007, 11:05 AM
i like the one who asks, "How could we ever lose to Nebraska twice in a row????"
umm how about that 30-game streak a few years ago?

And if OU "soiled the doorstep of the Rose Bowl" then I guess OSU would drop a deuce on the living room rug.

MichiganSooner
7/28/2007, 11:50 AM
Got to give OSU fans credit. They "travel well"......if the bowl is in Dallas, Shreveport, or Houston.....and if a booster buys the tickets and gives them away. I remember the whining on their board because some of the free tickets were in an endzone. The only reason they got to "go" to Shreveport last season with their 6-6 "we're bowl eligible record!!" (ie. tied for last place in the South with Baylor), was because Kansas doesn't "travel well". KU's previous bowl game was in Orlando.

CincySooner
7/28/2007, 11:54 AM
That was cracktastic.

sooner518
7/28/2007, 11:57 AM
haha. I know they have the great offense in the history of the universe, but it'll be a cold day in hell when they can put up 68 points on us...in Norman.

stoopified
7/28/2007, 01:07 PM
Aggs,whatcha gonna do?

cvsooner
7/28/2007, 05:23 PM
I think it's within the realm of possibilities to have OSU in the Rose Bowl. Oregon State has been a pretty good team the past couple of years...

Oh, wait, you mean there's some other OSU team?

goingoneight
7/28/2007, 05:53 PM
OSU 55 A&M 24 - What was billed as a quarterback duel between Bobby Reid and Stephen McGee turned out to be the Dantrell Savage show. Savage ran for 232 yards and five touchdowns as OSU rolled over 4-2 A&M. OSU was trailing A&M 14-6 early in the second quarter when Savage broke for a 72-yard TD run on OSU's third series. An A&M fumble on the ensuing kickoff gave OSU the ball on A&M's 39-yard line and it took one play as Savage outran A&M's pursuit around the right side down the sideline giving OSU the lead in the game for good. Savage was Big12 and National Player of the Week and rumor is Dean Blevins sharted in his pants when he heard the final score.

Thanks for mentioning OU again, since we obviously live and breathe by you.

The loss only drops OSU two places in the polls as ou fans send a mixture of congratulations and flames for the close loss.

NO WAY!!! Mixed feelings from a hundred-thousand person fanbase (or more)?!? Thanks for mentioning us again.

The goalposts came down as were most of the ou fans' spirits as they thought their Red River rival would put OSU in its place.

BEAT THE WHORNS, AGGY!!! DO IT FOR US!!! Thanks for mentioning us yet again.

The team didn't disappoint and although some thought this would be a difficult game with ou on the horizon.

Baylor??? That's like us fretting about 2-10 Colorado before Texass, or 3-9 UNT before Miami. Thank you so very much for caring about us enough to mention us... again. :rolleyes:

Morriss continued his whining on the Big 12 Coaches Call In Show on Monday but all eyes and ears were on Gundy and Bob Stoops as ****** renewed on Saturday. No team had scored more than 21 points on the sooner defense all year...

First of all, has that EVER happened before? NO ONE scores more than 21 pts on us?!? Well, no one but of course...

... and although the OU offense was led by a rookie quarterback the OU offense had started to come on in the last three games. One reporter...

Let me guess... Dean Blevins? :rolleyes:

... asked Bob Stoops if he thought OSU could score 60 points on his team's nationally ranked defense (in reference to the OSU/BU score.) Stoops laughed and said, "I'd like to see them try!"
Two things that would never happen. A reporter asking a top defensive mind if someone would amass 60 points (which has never been done to Stoops), and Stoops being classless to fire back at something as pointless as another game.

Oh, my. OSU rocked the sooner nation 68-28. A halfback pass by Dantrell Savage for a touchdown. A flea-flicker pass to Bowman for a 79-yard touchdown bomb. Bobby Reid ran for three TDs. Savage ran for two more. You get the idea. Cowboys took the challenge and stuffed it down Bob Stoops' and the sooner nation's throat!!!

If Barry Sanders, Thurman Thomas, Vinny Testaverde, Matt Leinart, Reggie Bush, Vince Young, etc.s' teams couldn't amass 60 on us, what in God's name makes them think a team with a losing record so far would?

tulsaoilerfan
7/28/2007, 07:56 PM
I'm sorry but I will shart myself if OSU scores 50 points per game. There's about as much a chance of that as them going undefeated.
Even if they score 50 with that defense they will give up 51

meoveryouxinfinity
7/28/2007, 11:18 PM
LOL
acejones: "Creative writing assignment?"

Piware
7/29/2007, 02:16 AM
The background on that web page nearly fried my monitor - then the Poke hallucination nearly fried my head. It's the closest I have ever come to an acid trip and it wasn't pleasant.

Go Georgia!!!

meoveryouxinfinity
7/29/2007, 09:50 AM
The background on that web page nearly fried my monitor - then the Poke hallucination nearly fried my head. It's the closest I have ever come to an acid trip and it wasn't pleasant.

Go Georgia!!!
I hope OSU wins. The SEC thinks they are God's gift to football.

goingoneight
7/29/2007, 05:15 PM
... but we have a special relationship with the Dawgs, ask the NCAA. It's a win-win situation for me... either a BIG 12 doormat shows up the SEC twice-in-a-row, or the pukes get a heavy dose of reality. The Georgia fans will own up to a loss, but the SEC homers will act like it didn't count or point to OSU's grand finale 6-6 season or whatever to puff their chests out.

Snrfn4ever08
7/29/2007, 10:09 PM
I hope OSU wins. The SEC thinks they are God's gift to football.
Agreed. The SEC is really starting to **** me off

meoveryouxinfinity
7/29/2007, 10:18 PM
Agreed. The SEC is really starting to **** me off
:les:

meoveryouxinfinity
7/29/2007, 10:22 PM
Thanks for mentioning OU again, since we obviously live and breathe by you.

NO WAY!!! Mixed feelings from a hundred-thousand person fanbase (or more)?!? Thanks for mentioning us again.

BEAT THE WHORNS, AGGY!!! DO IT FOR US!!! Thanks for mentioning us yet again.

Baylor??? That's like us fretting about 2-10 Colorado before Texass, or 3-9 UNT before Miami. Thank you so very much for caring about us enough to mention us... again. :rolleyes:

First of all, has that EVER happened before? NO ONE scores more than 21 pts on us?!? Well, no one but of course...

Let me guess... Dean Blevins? :rolleyes:

Two things that would never happen. A reporter asking a top defensive mind if someone would amass 60 points (which has never been done to Stoops), and Stoops being classless to fire back at something as pointless as another game.

If Barry Sanders, Thurman Thomas, Vinny Testaverde, Matt Leinart, Reggie Bush, Vince Young, etc.s' teams couldn't amass 60 on us, what in God's name makes them think a team with a losing record so far would?
Not trying to rain on your parade here, but aren't we collectively the ones posting links to their site about their football team? Juss' sayin', the obsession is mutual.

goingoneight
7/30/2007, 12:23 AM
Not trying to rain on your parade here, but aren't we collectively the ones posting links to their site about their football team? Juss' sayin', the obsession is mutual.

I was simply pointing out that this guy's season hinges solely on what OU and OU's fans think. I don't really like most poke fans for many reasons, that's aside the point, though. Seriously, how many UT fans post a game-by-game synopsis with that many mentions of OU? How many OU fans do that about anyone? I haven't even read a Iron Bowl coversation with that kinda obsession.

You also have to point out that OUr main rival bans us from every whoren board for simply saying 'hello.' The 'obsession' with 'bed-dumb' is simply that they share a state with us, and we're hearing the same ridiculous crap we've heard since OUr great-great-grandfathers went to/played for OU. I look at it like this, if your neighbor of many years is an ******* to you, you strongly dislike him and want to be better or claim you're better (Texas). On the other side of your house you see some moron in a mobile home smoking a cigarette as he's filling his propane tank... he's calling you stupid redneck while he claims his house and lifestyle is better than yours (OSU). One is a dick and you hope he gets what's coming to him, the other one is just a dork. Dick and dork are not equillateral.

meoveryouxinfinity
7/30/2007, 08:15 AM
I was simply pointing out that this guy's season hinges solely on what OU and OU's fans think. I don't really like most poke fans for many reasons, that's aside the point, though. Seriously, how many UT fans post a game-by-game synopsis with that many mentions of OU? How many OU fans do that about anyone? I haven't even read a Iron Bowl coversation with that kinda obsession.

You also have to point out that OUr main rival bans us from every whoren board for simply saying 'hello.' The 'obsession' with 'bed-dumb' is simply that they share a state with us, and we're hearing the same ridiculous crap we've heard since OUr great-great-grandfathers went to/played for OU. I look at it like this, if your neighbor of many years is an ******* to you, you strongly dislike him and want to be better or claim you're better (Texas). On the other side of your house you see some moron in a mobile home smoking a cigarette as he's filling his propane tank... he's calling you stupid redneck while he claims his house and lifestyle is better than yours (OSU). One is a dick and you hope he gets what's coming to him, the other one is just a dork. Dick and dork are not equillateral.
I dislike most OSU fans as well. They've created some chip on their shoulder. You don't deserve to have a chip on your shoulder for being teh suck and losing. The only OSU fans I like are my mother and my uncle; the rest are dead. My uncle was the starting quarterback for O state in the 60s, he roots for OU every other game of the year. I find a lot of older OSU fans who support the state teams. Now a days there are very few.