PDA

View Full Version : I took the friggin bar exam yesterday

47straight
7/27/2007, 11:27 AM
It's not something you would ever wanna do for fun. Or twice. Let's hope it was just once.

jk the sooner fan
7/27/2007, 12:10 PM
good luck!

Phil
7/27/2007, 12:25 PM
I took my third one Tuesday and Wednesday in Oregon. I hope you didn't miss the Wednesday part, or you'll definitely be taking it again.

Fugue
7/27/2007, 12:55 PM
I took my third one Tuesday and Wednesday in Oregon. I hope you didn't miss the Wednesday part, or you'll definitely be taking it again.

case #1 HMFIC v.

http://www.voidgame.com/images/main.jpg

TUSooner
7/27/2007, 12:58 PM
Good luck. I know I don't want to take another one.

The Louisiana bar exam has got to be the worst: It's ALL essay.

Hatfield
7/27/2007, 01:36 PM
i watched the number 23 last night....then seeing this pic you can understand why i am locking myself in the basement.

and yes...taking the bar exam sucks...pre exam you talk about how you are going to go party when done...post exam you go pass out as your brain tries to heal itself.

TexasLidig8r
7/27/2007, 01:49 PM
Good luck. I know I don't want to take another one.

The Louisiana bar exam has got to be the worst: It's ALL, esse.

Had to correct the spelling there... oh wait.. at least it would be spelled like that in South Texas.

Mjcpr
7/27/2007, 01:52 PM
I took it once just for fun.

Made an 87.

TMcGee86
7/27/2007, 02:03 PM
It's not something you would ever wanna do for fun. Or twice. Let's hope it was just once.

It was only one day?

What state was it?

Texas is a three day affair. Very fun.

Okieflyer
7/27/2007, 02:05 PM
Or 47 Straight 47straight.;)

Good luck!

47straight
7/27/2007, 04:38 PM
It was only one day?

What state was it?

Texas is a three day affair. Very fun.

Yes, to clarify: I took it yesterday, the day before that, and the day before that. And it was indeed the Texas version, where the oil and gas laws are all wrong and it is illegal to create a corporation for the purposes of both raising cattle and processing meat.*

So Louis's Anna is ALL essays? And with the civil code? Yeah not doin that if I can help it. The essays are the worst. Multiple choice - at least the answer is there in front of you, somewhere and there's only so many ways they can ask you something. It took me 20 minutes to figure out what subject matter the first essay question was even testing! I hadn't seen a past question anything like it. (turns out to be an agency question). The rest were all much more straight forward, I think that the examiners like to freak people out first thing in the morning.

*actual subject matter tested, July 2007

TMcGee86
7/27/2007, 04:47 PM
Yes, to clarify: I took it yesterday, the day before that, and the day before that. And it was indeed the Texas version, where the oil and gas laws are all wrong and it is illegal to create a corporation for the purposes of both raising cattle and processing meat.*

So Louis's Anna is ALL essays? And with the civil code? Yeah not doin that if I can help it. The essays are the worst. Multiple choice - at least the answer is there in front of you, somewhere and there's only so many ways they can ask you something. It took me 20 minutes to figure out what subject matter the first essay question was even testing! I hadn't seen a past question anything like it. (turns out to be an agency question). The rest were all much more straight forward, I think that the examiners like to freak people out first thing in the morning.

*actual subject matter tested, July 2007

ahh, the memories.

Just think, now you only have three short months to wait to find out if you actually passed the dang thing.

And by that time you will have forgotten every single thing you just spent all summer learning.

:D

Okla-homey
7/27/2007, 05:26 PM
I bet she passes. SO peeps are smart folks.

AlbqSooner
7/27/2007, 08:28 PM
When I took the Oklahoma Bar Exam, a guy who had been in practice about 5 years told me, "Go right now and take the Florida and California Bars. You can pass them now and 10 years from now you probably can't".

I didn't take his advice. Ten years later when the oil boom had gone bust and the State of Oklahoma had gone broke, I had an opportunity in Florida. Had to take the Bar again. Had it not been for the Kaplan Bar Prep course, I am not sure I could have passed it.

Take those two now. They do not have reciprocity with anyone.