PDA

View Full Version : Help! There is a longhorn in my house

MamaMia
7/27/2007, 10:48 AM
He goes on and on saying things about this, that or the other. Half of what he says is wrong because he twists things around. When he takes a pause to breath and someone else tries to interject a thought, he interrupts them. He hardly ever allows anyone to finish a sentence. Even when one of the Sooners is finally able to make a good point when complimenting our football team, he changes the subject by saying that we sucked in all the other sports this last season. :(

Do any of you sports experts know just exactly how we did against Texas in Baseball, Mens Basketball, Womens Basketball, Cross Country, Track and Field, Mens Golf, Womens Golf, Wrestling, Mens Gymnastics, Womans Gymnastics, Swimming, Soccer, Softball, Mens Tennis, and Womens Tennis? :confused:

Snrfn4ever08
7/27/2007, 11:08 AM
He goes on and on saying things about this, that or the other. Half of what he says is wrong because he twists things around. When he takes a pause to breath and someone else tries to interject a thought, he interrupts them. He hardly ever allows anyone to finish a sentence. Even when one of the Sooners is finally able to make a good point when complimenting our football team, he changes the subject by saying that we sucked in all the other sports this last season. :(

Do any of you sports experts know just exactly how we did against Texas in Baseball, Mens Basketball, Womens Basketball, Cross Country, Track and Field, Mens Golf, Womens Golf, Wrestling, Mens Gymnastics, Womans Gymnastics, Swimming, Soccer, Softball, Mens Tennis, and Womens Tennis? :confused:
Tell him that there's a reason football pulls in most of the money...it's the only sport the majority of people care about. You could always just kick him out lol :D

goodonya
7/27/2007, 11:09 AM
Reassure him that the college football world has already ceded the 2040 NC to the Horns as destiny cannot be denied.

I'm going to the dreaded in-law family reunion this weekend in Galvaston. I get to listen to the beach house owning-Horn-in-law for 2-whole days. I am prepared this year - blood will be shed.

soonerinabilene
7/27/2007, 11:10 AM
7>4

Snrfn4ever08
7/27/2007, 11:10 AM
Reassure him that the college football world has already ceded the 2040 NC to the Horns as destiny cannot be denied.

I'm going to the dreaded in-law family reunion this weekend in Galvaston. I get to listen to the beach house owning-Horn-in-law for 2-whole days. I am prepared this year - blood will be shed.
Fight for what you believe is right...if blood must be shed, that's just the way it's gotta be :D

TexasSooner01
7/27/2007, 11:15 AM
Just tell him when and IF the horns have more national championships than the Sooners do THEN and ONLY THEN he can open his mouth! He sould stay quiet for EVAR!!!

47straight
7/27/2007, 11:20 AM
Ask him why it took them so long to integrate their football team.

OKLA21FAN
7/27/2007, 11:21 AM
OU won big 12 championship last year in
Football
women's basketball (regular season & tournament champs)
softball (tournament champs)
men's out door track

UT championships

soccer (tournament champs)
men's swimming and diving
men's indoor track (tournament champs)
women's tennis (regular season)
baseball (regular season)

ask him if he wants to 'talk revenue' ;)

OKC-SLC
7/27/2007, 11:37 AM
tell him to **** off, dip****.

OUFan22
7/27/2007, 11:43 AM
The shorthorns don't even have a wrestling program!

Schoonerbeer
7/27/2007, 12:16 PM
The shorthorns are really good in swimming!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!BOOMER SOONER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scott D
7/27/2007, 12:25 PM
I heard if you ignore them they eventually go away.

SOONER STEAKER
7/27/2007, 12:36 PM
Do something you both like to do. Spend the weekend telling aggie jokes and share the good ones in this forum.

MikeInNorman
7/27/2007, 12:36 PM
Are you sure he's not AggyLite?

They are usually the ones all puffed up with small-sport pride.

OUDoc
7/27/2007, 01:07 PM
http://damer.ikgrand.no/images/divbilder/priceless_in_balls.jpg

zeke
7/27/2007, 01:36 PM
Matters not if they are shorthorns, aggies, red rump raiders or whatever they find something to brag about.

HELL they are texans.

MamaMia
7/27/2007, 01:48 PM
OU won big 12 championship last year in
Football
women's basketball (regular season & tournament champs)
softball (tournament champs)
men's out door track

UT championships

soccer (tournament champs)
men's swimming and diving
men's indoor track (tournament champs)
women's tennis (regular season)
baseball (regular season)

ask him if he wants to 'talk revenue' ;) Wow; you're good! Thanks. :D

OKLA21FAN
7/27/2007, 01:51 PM
Wow; you're good! Thanks. :D

i love it when a woman says that to me :P

TexasLidig8r
7/27/2007, 01:54 PM
Mama.. ask him why he doesn't practice the elegance, quiet grace and charm and understated confidence demonstrated by a certain frequent posting Longhorn on this site? :D

lumberlady
7/27/2007, 01:58 PM
I am glad I will never have to have a shorthorn person stay in my house. I would not survive one of them. I can barely handle them when we go to Dallas. They are the only fans I cannot tolerate. I can handle lsu better than the texans. I also cannot stand it when the daily disappointment has huge articles about that school. Just like yesterdays sport page had mac browns picture right on the front. I have told Berry Tramel a thousand times this is OKLAHOMA not texas. It absolutely drives me crazy and I am crazy enough as it is.
Boomer Sooner
LL

HTown77095
7/27/2007, 02:15 PM

Hello, welcome to my world. I live this daily as I live in Houston, Texas. I have to hear %^$! from Aggies, whorns, baylorites, Texas Techers, etc etc. Just about everyone hates us down here. Be glad you don't live in Texas like I do.

I don't know what to tell you except that its your house and you can always ask him to leave. Thats what I would do.

birddog
7/27/2007, 02:50 PM
I am glad I will never have to have a shorthorn person stay in my house. I would not survive one of them. I can barely handle them when we go to Dallas. They are the only fans I cannot tolerate. I can handle lsu better than the texans. I also cannot stand it when the daily disappointment has huge articles about that school. Just like yesterdays sport page had mac browns picture right on the front. I have told Berry Tramel a thousand times this is OKLAHOMA not texas. It absolutely drives me crazy and I am crazy enough as it is.
Boomer Sooner
LL

is it the one and only lumber lady?

47straight
7/27/2007, 04:41 PM
heh. What lid said. Point out that there do exist in the world a few classy whorns (is that a contradiction?) it is indeed possible, and to stop acting like a Miami fan.

lumberlady
7/27/2007, 04:57 PM
I am guilty!

stoopified
7/28/2007, 06:03 PM
Mama.. ask him why he doesn't practice the elegance, quiet grace and charm and understated confidence demonstrated by a certain frequent posting Longhorn on this site? :D
Speaking of Hook'em,where is he at? :)

hookem31
7/28/2007, 06:38 PM
There is nothing like smack talk with a Sooner. They actually have the hardware to back up their words, unlike Aggy, sand Aggies, or Piggies.

And hate Texas (the state) if you must, but I sure do love our beer. ;)

KantoSooner
7/28/2007, 06:53 PM
Shiner, yes. Lonestar, not so really.

hookem31
7/28/2007, 06:56 PM
I was speaking more along the lines of alcohol content, but ok. :D

KantoSooner
7/28/2007, 07:04 PM
Sorry, I live in Japan, where the standard is 5%, and, after drinking that for lo these many years, I've kind of forgotten anything else.

What were we talking about?

101sooner
7/28/2007, 07:42 PM
3.2 beer has its purpose.

I can put a brisket on the smoker at 0900, drink beer and watch football all day long drinking 3.2.

olevetonahill
7/28/2007, 08:26 PM
Mom, bring him down to My 42 acres , we can disappear him:D

Flagstaffsooner
7/28/2007, 08:34 PM
Mom, bring him down to My 42 acres , we can disappear him:D
http://llamabutchers.mu.nu/archives/deliverance%20mighty%20purty%20mouth.jpeg

hookem31
7/28/2007, 08:54 PM
3.2 beer has its purpose.

I can put a brisket on the smoker at 0900, drink beer and watch football all day long drinking 3.2.

Point taken. :)

HTown77095
7/28/2007, 10:14 PM
eh, even texas beer gets boring after awhile. Try German beer, now thats REAL beer :)

BigDeezy
7/28/2007, 10:31 PM
Just tell him orange makes you puke.

hookem31
7/28/2007, 10:35 PM
Give me a Guinness and I'm happy. We just added Shiner '98 at the bar and it's great.

Flagstaffsooner
7/28/2007, 10:37 PM
Help! There is a longhorn in my house

Just flush him.

meoveryouxinfinity
7/28/2007, 10:50 PM
This reminds me of a very popular book.

Ah yes, Ann Coulter's, "How to Talk to a Horn--If You Must"

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

MamaMia
7/29/2007, 08:29 AM
There is nothing like smack talk with a Sooner. They actually have the hardware to back up their words, unlike Aggy, sand Aggies, or Piggies.

And hate Texas (the state) if you must, but I sure do love our beer. ;)Beer smack. Lovely. :P

It just so happens that we have strong beer in our liquor stores and unlike you horns who cool your beer in the river, we have real refrigerators. ;)

Jacie
7/29/2007, 08:46 AM
For Sooners who haven't experienced it, living in the state of Texas has it's advantages. The increase in takehome pay was evident when I transferred there in 85. And yeah, they let em refrigerate the beer right there in the liquor store and you can buy the strong variety in the grocery stores. There are some quirks, however. On my first night there I went out in search of a place to buy beer, unaware that the area I lived in was DRY! Now when moving around at night in an unfamiliar city, one which wasn't laid out on a grid based on the cardinal points of the compass it is quite easy to get turned around and . . . lost. I found a place to buy beer but very nearly didn't get home that evening!

hookem31
7/29/2007, 09:45 AM
Beer smack. Lovely. :P

It just so happens that we have strong beer in our liquor stores and unlike you horns who cool your beer in the river, we have real refrigerators. ;)

So you're saying y'all got electric now? :D

HTown77095
7/29/2007, 02:40 PM
On my first night there I went out in search of a place to buy beer, unaware that the area I lived in was DRY!

Ha ha, that sounds like Dallas. Collin county is dry and when I moved to
Plano, I had the same experience. Now I live in Houston so I don't have to worry about "dry" counties. My career has flourished here so its hard to leave.

I still miss certain things about OK. The laid back, friendly atmosphere, the beautiful days w/ no overcast. Oklahoma really is a beautiful state with great people and most people outside OK don't realize that. But the opportuniteis seem to be in Texas, otherwise, I wouldn't mind moving back.

goingoneight
7/29/2007, 05:24 PM
Give me a Guinness and I'm happy. We just added Shiner '98 at the bar and it's great.

If I want anything other than a cold beer (buzz or Drunkytown), I'll visit the liquor store... that's the way I've always looked at it. And I've never truly noticed, nor felt the difference between 3.2 and 6 in my touring between Oklahoma and Texas. I guess if one is a featherweight, one might notice. And I'm only 195 lbs, for the argument.

tulsaoilerfan
7/29/2007, 06:37 PM
So why is there a Whorn in your house Mama?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
7/30/2007, 12:02 PM
Do some research on that tx-miami game in a bowl around '90. Tell your "guest" about all the penalties miami committed, and still TOTALLY destroyed the whorns and their fans.(laugh loudly at that point)..then show him the door!

TexasLidig8r
7/30/2007, 12:22 PM
Do some research on that tx-miami game in a bowl around '90. Tell your "guest" about all the penalties miami committed, and still TOTALLY destroyed the whorns and their fans.(laugh loudly at that point)..then show him the door!

Upon further review.. you may not wish to go down the path of being "blown out" in a bowl game. :)

7/30/2007, 12:33 PM
Upon further review.. you may not wish to go down the path of being "blown out" in a bowl game. :)We don't intend further review, after that tx-miami game that made us chuckle.

TexasLidig8r
7/30/2007, 01:12 PM
We don't intend further review, after that tx-miami game that made us chuckle.

To be replaced by the tears shed after the USC - Orange Bowl fiasco?

Rush.. you've been sniffing Hillary Clinton's panties.. way.. way.. too long! :D

HTown77095
7/30/2007, 01:42 PM

You really don't have to go that far. Just go back to either the 2000 or the 2003 Red River Shootout if you want something to really laugh at. That shuts up whorns everytime!

HTown77095
7/30/2007, 01:48 PM
Show him this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a56qCL8tM7U

Please make it stop!!! :D

7/30/2007, 05:29 PM
you've been sniffing Hillary Clinton's panties.. way.. way.. too long! :DYeow!!...and you think that, why?

Zing
7/30/2007, 06:28 PM
So you're saying y'all got electric now? :D

We make'um heap big fire in brick teepee.

SoonerKnight
7/30/2007, 08:40 PM
Yeow!!...and you think that, why?

That is pretty rough their Rush...... Your not thinking of voting for her are ya? LOL:D

MamaMia
7/30/2007, 09:38 PM
So why is there a Whorn in your house Mama?
Hes married to my Texas Aggie cousin. We have 6 of the Big XIIs in our family. :D