PDA

View Full Version : ESPN sux - they dismiss the passing of a Coach, and worry 'bout M. Vick???

CUinNC
7/26/2007, 05:08 PM
they lead off tonight with that idiot's story as a lead-in..WTF?:mad:

While a D-1 basketball Coach passed today? Coach Skip Prosser from Wake Forest ...

Talk about priorities & perspectives....

ESPN can get in the gutter.......

AllAboutThe'O'
7/26/2007, 05:38 PM
I'm with you there. Skip Prosser is probably 1,000 times the man that Mike Vick will never be.

Hate to say this, but had it been Roy Williams or Coach K passing away, would ESPN still had led off with Vick?

oumartin
7/26/2007, 05:40 PM
Welcome to the World we now live in...
Tree huggers

CUinNC
7/26/2007, 05:51 PM
It just ****es me off that anyone would focus on a butt-crack like Vick, instead of someone that meant more to Athletes than that
corn-hole of a QB ever would......

Dude was good 'one....prayers to his family

Scott D
7/26/2007, 06:30 PM
I'm with you there. Skip Prosser is probably 1,000 times the man that Mike Vick will never be.

Hate to say this, but had it been Roy Williams or Coach K passing away, would ESPN still had led off with Vick?

It could have been John Wooden passing, and ESPN likely would have led off with the Vick story just because it's the 'hot button' topic in Sports right now.

King Crimson
7/26/2007, 07:51 PM
if it was Jim Boeheim, the network would run Syracuse stories from now until October.

royalfan5
7/26/2007, 07:56 PM
It stuff like this that makes me glad I don't currently have cable. Plus, I get a lot more reading done.

bluedogok
7/26/2007, 09:17 PM
Remember ESPN is the ENTERTAINMENT and Sports Programming Network, since they have been bought by Disney/ABC it has become much more about entertainment than sports. Most of the crap they show now would never have been on the old ESPN.

AllAboutThe'O'
7/26/2007, 09:48 PM
Remember ESPN is the ENTERTAINMENT and Sports Programming Network, since they have been bought by Disney/ABC it has become much more about entertainment than sports. Most of the crap they show now would never have been on the old ESPN.
Yeah, we would've still been watching Australian Rules Football and the like had ABC/Disney not entered the picture. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

King Crimson
7/26/2007, 10:44 PM
i'd MUCH rather watch Aussie football than poker 24/7.

rebmus
7/26/2007, 10:52 PM
Yeah, we would've still been watching Australian Rules Football and the like had ABC/Disney not entered the picture. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

i miss the good ole days of women's roller derby. many of them were pretty hawt.

AllAboutThe'O'
7/26/2007, 11:10 PM
i miss the good ole days of women's roller derby. many of them were pretty hawt.
Oh, yeah, that too.:D

More Aussie football and roller derby, less poker and Who's Now?

Jimminy Crimson
7/27/2007, 02:19 AM
It stuff like this that makes me glad I don't currently have cable. Plus, I get a lot more reading done.

...or more time on the innerwebs! :D

bluedogok
7/27/2007, 09:15 AM
I miss the AFL games they used to show, there also used to be a highlight show on Fox Sports International before it became the Fox soccer channel. I refuse to pay $14.95 a month for Setanta Sports just to get a few hours of AFL football between soccer. I tried to order the AFL game for X-Box, but it required a PAL version of the X-Box. I had the PAL compatible TV, but not the game console.