PDA

View Full Version : So, Hows it hanging?

SelmaBamaFan
7/26/2007, 02:03 PM
Its almost that time of year again!!! Looks like I'll be kicking off the football season in none other than Oklahoma City this year.

So... I need some information from you guys if you dont mind:

1) OU tickets: hard to get? I havent checked over OU's schedule yet, but I would like to catch atleast one game. I dont really want to pay a premium price right now, but if I can get some at a reasonable price I'd really like to go. (If it's anything like it was when Bama visited, Im guessing my best bet is to find some on game day outside the stadium?)

2) Tailgate: Yall doing it this year? Even if i dont get tickets id like to stop by and say hi.

3) Sports bars: I need one in OKC (dont want to drive after I watch Bama play, so need one close to the room for a cab hehe). It has to have game plan, so i can watch the Bama PPV and Regional games. My first guess would be Bricktown but I'd like a local's opinion. If I remember correctly, last time we stayed on the NW side of town in a Studio Plus. So somewhere near there would be awesome (unless, ofcourse, there is one that's so kickass its worth it no matter where it's at).

4) Sooner gear: If I make a game, I damn sure aint wearing my Bama jersey (well maybe my Bama hat and a Sooner Jersey ;) ). Where is the best place in Norman I can stop by and pick up a jersey? NOTE: I like to only buy authentic stuff from Nike (if thats who yall use).

Thanks in advance and BOOMER SOONER! :D

Tear Down This Wall
7/26/2007, 02:07 PM
Selma-
If we can't makes games we give the tickets away. I'll PEEM you if we have freebies this year. We'll be at the opener and Miami for sure, the rest are up in the air.

SelmaBamaFan
7/26/2007, 02:08 PM
Thanks, not sure how long I'll be on OKC though. Might only be for the first three games or so. I'll ofcourse let everyone know =)

birddog
7/26/2007, 02:38 PM
http://soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/sched/okla-m-footbl-sched.html

hey, selma, here's a schedule for you. as far as the other info., haven't lived in okc for 6 years. you might want to put this on the oval.

StuIsTheMan
7/26/2007, 02:44 PM
4) Sooner gear: If I make a game, I damn sure aint wearing my Bama jersey (well maybe my Bama hat and a Sooner Jersey :mad: ). ...

I hope the Bama hat is made of Kevlar...just say'n

Frozen Sooner
7/26/2007, 03:02 PM
Thanks, not sure how long I'll be on OKC though. Might only be for the first three games or so. I'll ofcourse let everyone know =)

Hey, Dave, I'll be in Tulsey for the TU game. Come on up to say hi!

goingoneight
7/26/2007, 09:55 PM
Hey SelmaBamaFan,
Roll the 'rippers this year for us, mmmkay? :les:

Edmond Sooner
7/26/2007, 10:30 PM
Hey Selma:
The Varsity on 63rd (OKC) is a pretty good sports hangout, but I'm not sure you're going to see a lot of SEC action on the big screen there. Also don't know how far your cab ride would be from there, but you might check it out.
As for the rest, welcome! Hope you can catch a few games here in Oklahoma, tailgate a bit, and soak up some Sooner hospitality.
Sincerely, -ES

Bruiser53
7/27/2007, 08:20 AM
I'm pretty sure the original Varsity on 63rd closed recently, which is terrbile news, but none the less.

Collier11
7/27/2007, 09:01 AM
Hey Selma:
The Varsity on 63rd (OKC) is a pretty good sports hangout, but I'm not sure you're going to see a lot of SEC action on the big screen there. Also don't know how far your cab ride would be from there, but you might check it out.
As for the rest, welcome! Hope you can catch a few games here in Oklahoma, tailgate a bit, and soak up some Sooner hospitality.
Sincerely, -ES

If you want to go hang out at Simons Petroleum that would be the perfect place to go....the Varsity on 63rd closed some time ago!

schlanker
7/27/2007, 09:52 AM
Tickets are not hard to come by on gameday. They are all over the street and not expensive at all. Miami may be the only hard ticket to get all season.

NormanPride
7/27/2007, 10:10 AM
Oh, we'll be tailgating this year. Stick around some and we should have a sticky on both the SO and here to give directions and times.

SelmaBamaFan
7/27/2007, 11:33 AM
Thanks for the replies guys, and Froze if I'm still in town I'll come hang out in Tulsa with you guys. I heard the bars up there are pretty crazy hehe.

If we stay at the same place we did last time, I'll be on the NW Expressway just past the Golf Course. No idea if there are any bars on that side of town.

Oh, and I dont need a big screen, just give me a corner and a TV with some sound and I'll be happy! :D Only requirement I have is the bar having Game Plan since Bama plays crappy games at the start of the season (as in PPV and regional coverage type games).

Edmond Sooner
7/27/2007, 11:54 AM
Sorry for the bum info, Selma. I hadn't been to the Varsity in a while and wasn't aware that it had closed.

Nevertheless, hope you have a blast while you're here!

SelmaBamaFan
7/27/2007, 12:04 PM
Hmmmm.... comparing schedules I think the Utah St game would be the best for me to attend. Bama doesnt play til that night so i can watch both games! Where's the best place to watch an ESPN game (Piggies vs Bama) in Norman? O'Connell's?

CrimsonandCreamForever
7/27/2007, 12:18 PM
Thanks for the replies guys, and Froze if I'm still in town I'll come hang out in Tulsa with you guys. I heard the bars up there are pretty crazy hehe.

If we stay at the same place we did last time, I'll be on the NW Expressway just past the Golf Course. No idea if there are any bars on that side of town.

Oh, and I dont need a big screen, just give me a corner and a TV with some sound and I'll be happy! :D Only requirement I have is the bar having Game Plan since Bama plays crappy games at the start of the season (as in PPV and regional coverage type games).
There's a Buffalo Wild Wings on NW Expressway down the street from your hotel that's pretty good. Not sure about the PPV games and stuff. Here's a map and their website. (http://direct.where2getit.com/cwc/apps/w2gi.php?sid=46aa285cbe6c9&ADDRESS=&POSTALCODE=&COUNTRY=&STATE=&CITY=&PRODUCT=&PRODUCTFCT=&LAT=35.64036394&LON=-97.51385029&UNITS=MILES&RADIUS=50&USECENTERPOINT=&W2GI_LASTEXTENT=-97.6120415961%7C35.5220888032%7C-97.584861702%7C35.5435672074&SORTBY_Dealers=DISTANCE&START_Dealers=0&COUNT_Dealers=15&REVERSE_Dealers=FALSE&W2GI_QUICK_ZOOM=&W2GI_QFIELD=STOREID&W2GI_QVALUE=&DISTANCE=&W2GI_DNAME=&W2GI_DADDR=&W2GI_DCITY=&W2GI_DSTATE=&W2GI_DPOSTALCODE=&W2GI_DID=&W2GI_DINDEX=&NAV_INPUT_TYPE=POINT&NAV_CMD=RECENTER&NAV_ALLOW_RECTANGLE=0&SCALE_ZOOM=&FullStateName=%5B%24FullStateName%24%5D&state=OK&client=bww&template=locatorstate&DEFAULT_MAP.x=349&DEFAULT_MAP.y=107)