PDA

View Full Version : The King was on our local sports radio show - funny stuff..

CUinNC
7/26/2007, 11:37 AM
yesterday afternoon....he was being interviewed by the host, Mark Packer - son of the infamous Billy...

anyways, Packer was asking Coach about his thoughts on the ACC champions last year - Wake Forest - (I still can't believe that, the world is not right)

And the talk got around to how poorly Wake has done for the last 30 years, and all of a sudden, the King said something like " I know a lot of great Coaches from them ACC schools, but for the most part, isn't that more for golfing than football?"

I almost shat from laughing...and Packer got real quiet, and then said that he didn't go to school in NC, but instead went to Clemson, and asked Coach if he remembered that Citrus Bowl game with Clemson under Danny Ford...(yep, we won)..

Well, the King goes and asks Packer how Coach Ford is doin' nowadays, and Packer says that he's doing well on the farm, and doing a little fishin', and such...

The King then says - "if you see him, tell him I'm glad he's happy on the farm, Today I'm here in Louisiana with Terry Bradshaw havin' a blast"

You could hear in his reply, that he was more than fed-up with Packer, and shortly after, the interview ended....it was Pure Gold to listen to him.

Coach Ford was hired my final year ... by-god, I would love to get Coach Ford & Switzer together one time to just listen to them talk....neither one of them takes any shat...
Man, I got hammered by Coach many times...you got hell if he wasn't happy, then it was all good....I wonder is Switzer was the same...

Anyways, just thought I'd share:D

AllAboutThe'O'
7/26/2007, 05:44 PM
Good stuff.

I'm an Arkansas alum and that's something that me and The King will always have in common. That, and we like OU more these days than the Hogs.:D
Also, since I am an Arkansas alum, I'm still scratching my head about why Danny Ford didn't quite work out for the Hogs. OU fans should be so lucky; they only had to deal with Howard *************** for one year; Arkansas had to deal with Ford for five years plus change. Ford did recruit well; Houston Nutt was enjoying a honeymoon period his first two years with Ford's players, but it never worked out with Ford at Arkansas the way it did with Clemson. Course, CU, you probably put a curse on Arkansas after luring away Ken Hatfield.;)

Rogue
7/26/2007, 05:46 PM
CU, how far are you from Johnson City, TN? Asheville?

CUinNC
7/26/2007, 05:56 PM
Good stuff.

I'm an Arkansas alum and that's something that me and The King will always have in common. That, and we like OU more these days than the Hogs.:D
Also, since I am an Arkansas alum, I'm still scratching my head about why Danny Ford didn't quite work out for the Hogs. OU fans should be so lucky; they only had to deal with Howard *************** for one year; Arkansas had to deal with Ford for five years plus change. Ford did recruit well; Houston Nutt was enjoying a honeymoon period his first two years with Ford's players, but it never worked out with Ford at Arkansas the way it did with Clemson. Course, CU, you probably put a curse on Arkansas after luring away Ken Hatfield.;)

To the players that followed and played for Hatfield...they hated him...

even the Tiger Rag flags that are signed every year by all players & coaches, and are preserved....most players under Hatfield will tell you that his name should come off those flags.....said he wasn't a Coach, but a mercenary..

The rest of the Coaches they appreciated.....Hatfield must've been an A**

AllAboutThe'O'
7/26/2007, 05:58 PM
To the players that followed and played for Hatfield...they hated him...

even the Tiger Rag flags that are signed every year by all players & coaches, and are preserved....most players under Hatfield will tell you that his name should come off those flags.....said he wasn't a Coach, but a mercenary..

The rest of the Coaches they appreciated.....Hatfield must've been an A**

I guess Ken Hatfield was to Clemson what Howard the Drunk was to OU.

CUinNC
7/26/2007, 05:59 PM
CU, how far are you from Johnson City, TN? Asheville?

Rogue - I'm an hour from Boone (my youngest Son is at App. St.)

'bout - 2 hours from JC & 2 + hours from Asheville..

'wass up?

goingoneight
7/27/2007, 04:27 AM
I heard him awhile back talking about his "STATEment" concerning the OSU facility upgrades, and he cracked me up. He said "I thought 'good for 'em, they needed an upgrade. 'Else they'd be playing K-State football for the next 20 years in the BIG 12...' I thought to myself what genius this man always struck me with.
He went on talking and I heard "You think the Oklahomas and Texans are gonna sit on their thumbs after that stuff is built? I'z (I was) just humoring 'em since I was IN STILLWATER!"
I told Spencer Tillman at the Sooner Caravan in Tulsa about "some Switzer comments" I heard, and he laughed and said the same thing. :D