PDA

View Full Version : My Nashville trip

1stTimeCaller
7/26/2007, 10:22 AM
We flew out there Tuesday, checked into our hotel and went to the taping of the Jack Ingram/Miranda Lambert CMT Cross Country show.

It was full of chords and beats, riffs and singing. She's extremely cute. I couldn't make up my mind as to whether I want to have his babies or her babies. After the show I talked to Jack's drummer, Pete, for a while. He said that he hadn't seen me since I shaved my head. After leaving him to do whatever he needed to do we went to the strip. We rocked the Wheel. It's across the street from Tootsie's.

I get back to the hotel and do my best to fill the trashcan up with the contents of my stomach. I knew that if I didn't make myself sick I'd try to get with the chick I took with me. A self defense mechanism if you will.

We get up Wednesday morning and go to the Country Music Hall of Fame for a press lunchon promoting the August 11 Toyota Tundra 200 at the Nashville SuperSpeedway. Good food and I got to talk to Josh Turner and Darrel Waltrip. DW is a funny guy. After that we had to grab our stuff and head out for the airport.

Coach Jan Ross was on our flights from Nashville to DFW and DFW to OKC. She said that our girls are ready for another final 4 run. Our plane was delayed in Nashville so when I went to change flights from DFW the lady at the counter upgraded us to First Class from DFW. Ho lee ba jeebus. That's the way to fly when you're 6-4, 260.

I just got back from taking my truck to a place in Lone Grove for some go fast parts. They couldn't take me back to my house so I hit the highway. As luck would have it most of my friends are out of town or couldn't get away from work. I had walked a little over a mile when another buddy was driving by and saw me.

That's just good clean livin'.

Mjcpr
7/26/2007, 10:23 AM
Can I be the first to one-star this?

Howzit
7/26/2007, 10:27 AM
I get back to the hotel and do my best to fill the trashcan up with the contents of my stomach.

erm spay.

over.

StoopTroup
7/26/2007, 10:33 AM
Our plane was delayed in Nashville so when I went to change flights from DFW the lady at the counter upgraded us to First Class from DFW. Ho lee ba jeebus. That's the way to fly when you're 6-4, 260.

Southwest has 1st class now?

:pop:

1stTimeCaller
7/26/2007, 11:03 AM
American does.

1stTimeCaller
7/26/2007, 11:06 AM
erm spay.

over.

gallons. That stuff must expand in your stomach.

TexasLidig8r
7/26/2007, 11:10 AM
I get back to the hotel and do my best to fill the trashcan up with the contents of my stomach. I knew that if I didn't make myself sick I'd try to get with the chick I took with me. A self defense mechanism if you will.

That's just good clean livin'.

uh.. Bonnie? :D

NormanPride
7/26/2007, 11:18 AM
Was the chick with you off-limits or something? Why did you not want to get with her?

royalfan5
7/26/2007, 11:31 AM
Is Jack going to break out any new Hinder covers?

1stTimeCaller
7/26/2007, 11:48 AM
I sure hope he doesn't do anymore hinder covers.

The chick is a friend and not at all attractive. She's cool but no sober person in America would make out with her. I didn't want to be the drunk guy in Nashville that wanted to make out with her.

Actually, I just don't drink as often as I used to and I forget this when I get to having a great time that I can't drink as much as a used to.

Bonnie's smart enough to not share a hotel room with me :D

Petro-Sooner
7/26/2007, 12:04 PM
Actually, I just don't drink as often as I used to

wuss

OU4LIFE
7/26/2007, 12:10 PM
That's the way to fly when you're 6-4, 260.

So you've just decided to go with the heels all the time....good for you.

oumartin
7/26/2007, 12:24 PM
this place appears to be 1TC's personal blog space. ;)

StoopTroup
7/26/2007, 12:28 PM
American does.
Folks still fly on them?

I thought SW was the only decent airline left...

:pop:

Rogue
7/26/2007, 05:53 PM
Executive summary:

Big d00d goes to Music City where he runs into someone that doesn't recognize him without his trademark mullet. Drinks, pukes, doesn't get laid (again), and goes home. Like any good rural-American he left his truck at the shop to get it sooped-up and then hitchhiked home.