PDA

View Full Version : CFB Top 100 programs, OSU T56

SoonerBOI
7/26/2007, 09:18 AM
ESPN ranking of CFB top 100 programs.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2947591

OKLA21FAN
7/26/2007, 09:22 AM
i guess this guy hadn't heard that Okie lite has the greatest offense in the universe evar, and a program on the rise......agian

SteelClip49
7/26/2007, 09:28 AM
I wonder who will be #1.....

Nebraska, Oklahoma, USC, LSU, Miami, FSU all have had their down moments in the last ten years. Ohio State has stayed consistent as has Michigan.

sooner518
7/26/2007, 09:33 AM
I wonder who will be #1.....

Nebraska, Oklahoma, USC, LSU, Miami, FSU all have had their down moments in the last ten years. Ohio State has stayed consistent as has Michigan.
ive got 20 bucks on the Domers
EDIT - I didnt read that it was of the last decade. theyll still probably pick the Domers.

I think its funny how the article actually says "on the rise" when talking about OSU. It's like :stunned: wrote the article

oumartin
7/26/2007, 10:12 AM
I'm guessing they won't even have OU in the top 10..

IronHorseSooner
7/26/2007, 10:29 AM
I'm guessing they won't even have OU in the top 10

If they do, they will have no journalistic integrity...oh, wait, nevermind, it the Every Sooner-hater Propaganda Network.

OSUAggie
7/26/2007, 10:31 AM
Hey..

Above .500...

Kinda hard to pick a 10-year stretch and have OSU above .500...

Dio
7/26/2007, 10:34 AM
Hey..

Above .500...

Kinda hard to pick a 10-year stretch and have OSU above .500...

Everything's a moral victory with you guys, isn't it? ;)

OSUAggie
7/26/2007, 10:36 AM
Yah, but that's a moral victory about real victories... That's something.

Tear Down This Wall
7/26/2007, 10:38 AM
This guys hits the nail on the head re: Mizzou

62. Missouri 59-59 (1997-2006) .500 2-3 bowl record
The Tigers are 59-59 in the past 10 years. And it has taken awhile, but it seems as if coach Gary Pinkel finally has some traction in Columbia. Still, it'd be nice if Mizzou beat someone very good. Aside from a 2003 upset of Nebraska, MU basically has lived off beating mediocre opponents and no one else.

MojoRisen
7/26/2007, 11:01 AM
They waited to put this out because they would have had to rate OU #1

But now with the erasing of 8 wins- we fall back.

IronHorseSooner
7/26/2007, 11:36 AM

It will be interesting to see what they do with this. Some of the ESPN talking heads (i.e. Mark May) have said that not including the wins was bunk, more or less. If they include the wins, we are #1, if not, I am not sure where we fall. This will be one of the first such articles that would address this issue. If they choose to include the wins, especially ESPN, this could signal just how stupid the ruling was.

IronHorseSooner
7/26/2007, 11:37 AM
To the NCAA, that is.

Theskipster
7/26/2007, 12:05 PM
My prediction based on this being written by ESPN:

USC will take #1, Ohio State #2, OU #3, LSU #4, Texas #5

Boomer.....
7/26/2007, 12:25 PM
Since it's the last 10 years, Texas will be ahead of us. I would think that Ohio State, Florida, Texas, LSU, and USC will be the top 5 (not in order).

soonerscuba
7/26/2007, 12:37 PM
This is ESPN... USC will be #1, I'm surprised they didn't phrase it, "Top programs since 2002 with games against Texas, Cal, and UCLA excluded".

Pricetag
7/26/2007, 12:45 PM
Since it's the last 10 years, Texas will be ahead of us.
How so? We're 5-5 against them head-to-head, and our victories in that five-year stretch against them were complete domination. We've won one more Big 12 title during the time. It would be very close, but I don't see how they could be above us.

StuIsTheMan
7/26/2007, 12:58 PM
How so? We're 5-5 against them head-to-head, and our victories in that five-year stretch against them were complete domination. We've won one more Big 12 title during the time. It would be very close, but I don't see how they could be above us.
That's because your using logic...duh:D

CincySooner
7/26/2007, 12:59 PM
If they truly look at the last 10 years USC shouldn't take first place... dont forget from 1997 to 2001 they went 31-29. However... I wouldn't put it past them.

The 97 and 98 seasons hurt the Sooners in this particular listing.

My money is on Ohio State or Florida. Both have been good to great over the past 10 years.

Vic n Tulsa
7/26/2007, 02:22 PM

Two simple reasons dumbass....head to head matchup with USC in the MNC game...RESULTS. OU/USC - how embarrassing for the entire world to watch Texas/USC - one of the all-time great championship games to watch.
Last year OU/Boise St. - geez sooners, c'mon.

StuIsTheMan
7/26/2007, 10:59 PM
Two simple reasons dumbass....head to head matchup with USC in the MNC game...RESULTS. OU/USC - how embarrassing for the entire world to watch Texas/USC - one of the all-time great championship games to watch.
My bets are 35 posts...
yep Vic will be banned at a post count of 35...place it on VBOOKIE

Harry Beanbag
7/26/2007, 11:08 PM

This site already has the erasure in effect. Check out the bottom of the page.

http://football.stassen.com/cgi-bin/records/calc-wp.pl?start=2005&end=2005&rpct=30&min=5&se=on&by=Win+Pct

goingoneight
7/27/2007, 02:47 AM

Okay, let me get this straight. Forever has Texas bragged in their stupidity that series records count more than championships. All OUr young lives we've heard these morons talk about what life was like in the leather helmet days. Now all of a sudden you guys are saying championships matter? Guess what 7 > 3... you lose again, dumbass.

BillyBall
7/27/2007, 10:52 AM
1) USC
2) Ohio St
3) Texas
4) Florida
5) Us

Boomer.....
7/27/2007, 11:09 AM
They are not going to look at head-to-head matchup when comparing teams. They will look at all kinds of factors including overall record. The first few years of the decade will hurt our overall record.

birddog
7/27/2007, 11:16 AM

you want to single out a couple of games? mmkay. 69-13, 63-14. championships OU 1 texass 1.

if unlike you, they looked at this objectively, they looked at winning percentage and not a couple of games.

Boomer.....
7/27/2007, 11:25 AM
As BillyBall showed, the top 25 is out:
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2947988

Socrefbek
7/27/2007, 11:26 AM
Bill Curry is a closet Sooner hater and a complete idiot. Every single participant has OU in their top 10 or top 5 yet he rates OU as 22 ?!?!:confused: :mad:

What a freakin moron! Senility has set in ....

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2949650

Big Game Bob
7/27/2007, 11:28 AM
You also have to take into consideration the number of **** by the championships. I'm sure the Sooners newfound cheating ways weigh heavily on the minds of the voters.
Mack > Bobby

SoonerAcesUp
7/27/2007, 11:31 AM
You know, I kind of felt bad before about our bowl record lately but the bowl records of the other top ten teams aren't much better if any better at all than ours now that I see them all together. Makes me feel much better! I guess when all the top teams are beating up on each other in the same bowl games every year then records aren't going to be 10-0 or anything close to that. I would rather be playing in the top bowl games every year and competing for the national championship than playing in the lesser bowl games and mopping up the competition every year.

God I'm ready for football season!

BillyBall
7/27/2007, 11:32 AM
Bill Curry is a closet Sooner hater and a complete idiot. Every single participant has OU in their top 10 or top 5 yet he rates OU as 22 ?!?!:confused: :mad:

What a freakin moron! Senility has set in ....

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2949650

He has us ranked behind Colorado State.... Thats funny ****.

Jalal23V
7/27/2007, 11:55 AM
i have read through some of the comments on the list and its a unanimous decision that this list is a joke. UT over us, wow, aggressive

soonervegas
7/27/2007, 11:58 AM
You know, I kind of felt bad before about our bowl record lately but the bowl records of the other top ten teams aren't much better if any better at all than ours now that I see them all together. Makes me feel much better! I guess when all the top teams are beating up on each other in the same bowl games every year then records aren't going to be 10-0 or anything close to that. I would rather be playing in the top bowl games every year and competing for the national championship than playing in the lesser bowl games and mopping up the competition every year.

God I'm ready for football season!

So so true. You are going to bat about 50% in BCS games and/or National Title Games. A team has yet to win 2 BCS championships. Every school that has played 2 or more had a loss.

CincySooner
7/27/2007, 12:58 PM
He has us ranked behind Colorado State.... Thats funny ****.

other questionable teams Bill Curry ranked ahead of OU

K-state
Oregon (#8 wtf??)
TCU (#9 heh)
Iowa!?!?
Penn State

sooner518
7/27/2007, 01:13 PM
I know florida had a great year last year, but if this poll had been taken last year, would they even be top 10?? Methinks not.

Not sure I understand the rationale for UT being ahead of us either. Obviously Im biased, but:
1 NC vs 1 NC
4 conference titles vs 1 conference title
3 NC games played vs 1 NC game played
1 Heisman winner vs 1 Heisman winner
3 Heisman finalists vs 1 Heisman finalist
5-5 head to head

Maybe their counting "Recruiting NC's" in their rationale.... ???

I'd have no problem with:
1. USUC
2. tOSU
3. OU
4. UT
5. UF

SoonerDood
7/28/2007, 12:05 PM
and #1 USC has a lower win percentage than all but 2 of the Top 14 teams.

Octavian
7/28/2007, 01:13 PM
The list is sort of flawed in the first place because it incorporates two different decades into a ten year list.

There were a lot of major changes at powerhouse programs between '98-'01.

Texas -Mack
OU - Stoops
USC - PC
tOSU - Tressel

Nebraska, Penn St., and FSU were in their twilight in the first years of this list. The above mentioned programs were just returning to the scene.

An easier (and more relevant) list for them to make would be a Team of the '00 Decade list. Who cares who was the best program between '68-'77? No one retrospectively discussess ten year lists that aren't flush within an actual decade.

I know what they're getting at and its cool to look at but...if they're getting paid to write about decade lists, they should be putting in their .02 on where the programs currently stand in the Team of the '00s race. In 5-10 years, no one will care about who the best programs were between '98-'07. People will look at the '90s and then look at the '00s. Its that way in all sports.