PDA

View Full Version : AD...

CatfishSooner
7/26/2007, 03:08 AM
I don't know about all of y'all, but I am gonna miss AD...I know, I know...we have a stable of good backs coming back full of veterans and new phenoms alike...BUT, you just don't replace an AD though! I will sincerely miss his running style and his great impact on every single game.. he is a true Sooner great and I will always relish his great years at OU...
I wish him all the best w/ the Vikes.

Snrborn
7/26/2007, 03:13 AM
It is with great hope that I state....Demarco will make the loss of AD very easy to handle....

CatfishSooner
7/26/2007, 03:14 AM
THAT is all we can really hope for, but really, AD is once in a generation...you know that.

Snrborn
7/26/2007, 03:21 AM
My hope is that now that we are back on top(and there to stay), it's not going to be once in a generation. We can just keep recruiting, and have a run of "AD" type players...similar to how the Miami QB"s were in the 80's-early 90's(Kelly, Kosar, Tesaverde, etc, etc, etc). It never seemed to end...

CatfishSooner
7/26/2007, 03:25 AM
BUT AD is just on a different level...I mean, don't get me wrong, we will surely have many other talented RBs, but we will never have another AD..!

KantoSooner
7/26/2007, 03:34 AM
AD was a true great, but, as with all such, there's a terrible temptation for the coaches to overuse or overrely on him; same for teammates. Murray, I think, will be a hammer, and Brown and Allen we already know were able to keep the ground performance at AD levels, so I'm not worried about a drop off there.
What excites me now is that, without a larger than life running back (for the time being), we may be 'forced' into more balance and creativity.
Maybe.
At least that's what's running through my mind right now.
Won't the season EVER get here?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
7/26/2007, 07:31 AM
AD was a true great, but, as with all such, there's a terrible temptation for the coaches to overuse or overrely on him; same for teammates. Murray, I think, will be a hammer, and Brown and Allen we already know were able to keep the ground performance at AD levels, so I'm not worried about a drop off there.
What excites me now is that, without a larger than life running back (for the time being), we may be 'forced' into more balance and creativity.
Maybe.
At least that's what's running through my mind right now.
Won't the season EVER get here?Well said. I'm looking forward to the forward pass, and better balance in the game plan.

MojoRisen
7/26/2007, 07:42 AM
Reading between the lines, I saw a stoops qoute where he said that Kelley should have a 1000 yards with ease this year. Meaning we can throw the ball deep with more acuracy and stretch the field consistantly.

AD is once in a lifetime type back - but our offense was much better in 04 than any other year we just ran AD up the gut. I still can't figure out why we didn't just do sweep left sweep right until they stopped it then bust em up the middle. Seemed like we only used the sweep every 7 pays or so hoping for a big play but they could never really stop it.

We need to PASS and be more ballanced and attack on the offense. We can ball control if we have too. Scoring is a pretty good defense as well though...

SoonerBOI
7/26/2007, 08:51 AM
Gone too soon...but the future is bright.

PhiDeltBeers
7/26/2007, 10:21 AM
Not that I'm really into card collecting, but have you guys noticed what some of his rookie football cards are going for??? I went ahead and picked up a few on ebay spilling over 400 bucks. I indeed hope his future is bright. Even though I'm a Dallas fan, I'll be rooting him on.

CatfishSooner
7/26/2007, 11:34 AM
I would love to have an AD rookie card, but $400! geez!

As good as AD was/is...I agree that we will be fine at RB, I'm just gonna miss him!

Scott D
7/26/2007, 12:36 PM
paying $400 for a card that will be worth maybe $5 in a year..brilliance.

The_Red_Patriot
7/26/2007, 02:07 PM
AD was a leader. I will never forget watching him get in the faces of our O-Line before the 4th and 1 against A&M.

PhiDeltBeers
7/26/2007, 02:29 PM
paying $400 for a card that will be worth maybe $5 in a year..brilliance.

Not a lot of faith in AD or not a lot of faith in the card industry? It is an autographed card and only 24 were produced. :confused:

Scott D
7/26/2007, 02:39 PM
Not a lot of faith in AD or not a lot of faith in the card industry? It is an autographed card and only 24 were produced. :confused:

you left out that tidbit of info (it being autographed)

the card is worth $0, or in some cases less than $0.

The autograph is the only value you have on that piece of cardboard.

flopshotjoe99
7/26/2007, 04:15 PM
snagged a few Cowboys versus Vikings tickets, it will be a little weird watching AD sporting purple & gold.:(

Remembering Tom Stidham
7/26/2007, 04:49 PM
I shall always remember his first carry against Texas. Talk about getting us out of a hole! And he had over 220 yds. rushing.

goingoneight
7/26/2007, 10:19 PM
Reading between the lines, I saw a stoops qoute where he said that Kelley should have a 1000 yards with ease this year. Meaning we can throw the ball deep with more acuracy and stretch the field consistantly.

AD is once in a lifetime type back - but our offense was much better in 04 than any other year we just ran AD up the gut. I still can't figure out why we didn't just do sweep left sweep right until they stopped it then bust em up the middle. Seemed like we only used the sweep every 7 pays or so hoping for a big play but they could never really stop it.

We need to PASS and be more ballanced and attack on the offense. We can ball control if we have too. Scoring is a pretty good defense as well though...
Kelly had 993 yards in 2006, I'd say we threw the deep ball quite well. What we need isn't a change of gameplan, we need OUr other players to step up and execute. It's kinda obvious who we'll be going to a lot this year until Tennell, Chaney, Iglesias, Gresham, JJF, or somebody establishes themself as not a body, but a threat. Anyonw who can run a corner route can catch a 15-yarder... it takes a special guy to go up in triple coverage and wrestle in the air for a 30-50-yard deep-ball, then come down with it.
Same thing with AD... you can throw him at the D all you want, but eventually even the best are shut down or held in check if no one else around them is stepping up.

Boomerfreakinsooner
7/26/2007, 10:34 PM
Your first name isn't Jay, is it?

soonerinabilene
7/26/2007, 10:34 PM
I love ad and appreciate everything he did for ou, but I have faith that the three headed monster we have in the backfield now can take his place without missing a beat.

kmsooners28
7/28/2007, 09:17 AM
Not that I'm really into card collecting, but have you guys noticed what some of his rookie football cards are going for??? I went ahead and picked up a few on ebay spilling over 400 bucks. I indeed hope his future is bright. Even though I'm a Dallas fan, I'll be rooting him on.

Check this out guys, I won a Design-A-Card contest and I actually got to design one of AD's first autographed rookie cards.

http://www.kotv.com/news/local/story/?id=128649
http://i11.tinypic.com/53t2uyx.jpg

Not only did I get AD's I also got 61 of the top picks from this years draft, and every card has my name on the back. Just wanted to show it off.

CatfishSooner
7/28/2007, 11:17 AM
Check this out guys, I won a Design-A-Card contest and I actually got to design one of AD's first autographed rookie cards.

http://www.kotv.com/news/local/story/?id=128649
http://i11.tinypic.com/53t2uyx.jpg

Not only did I get AD's I also got 61 of the top picks from this years draft, and every card has my name on the back. Just wanted to show it off.

I am very jealous...
You wouldn't happen to have any extras for a fellow Sooner ???;)

kmsooners28
7/28/2007, 11:57 AM
no I don't have any extra autographed cards, I wish I did though. They did make a non-autographed version too and I do have some of them.

btw: I am really going to miss seeing AD in the crimson and cream.:(

SoonerKnight
7/29/2007, 01:37 AM
Great Job!!! By now you should be working as a graphic artist!