PDA

View Full Version : Doggie Daycare knowledge havers

LilSooner
7/25/2007, 07:47 PM
We are going out of town this weekend and need somewhere to put our little ****-tzu. The big dogs are fine by themselves in the casa de la Rhino, but we are worried about our little **** getting out and looking for us.

Anyone have any recommendations? We would drop him off on Friday and LOVE to pick him up on Sunday, but if worse comes to worse we can pick him up on Monday.

olevetonahill
7/25/2007, 08:17 PM
We are going out of town this weekend and need somewhere to put our little ****-tzu. The big dogs are fine by themselves in the casa de la Rhino, but we are worried about our little **** getting out and looking for us.

Anyone have any recommendations? We would drop him off on Friday and LOVE to pick him up on Sunday, but if worse comes to worse we can pick him up on Monday.
Any where Close to Wister ? Ill Baby sit !:D

StuIsTheMan
7/25/2007, 08:32 PM
There has to be a decent Kennel near by right:confused:

bluedogok
7/25/2007, 09:00 PM
If you are in OKC there is Neel Vet Hospital (https://www.neelvet.com/i-services-boarding.html) that is 24 hours. I used to board my dog there and could drop her off at 5am before a flight or pick her up at 2am. She seemed to like that place better than the ones down here. We still used them the last time that we came through there and my parents couldn't take care of her because they were headed out of town.

LilSooner
7/25/2007, 09:07 PM
Any where Close to Wister ? Ill Baby sit !:D

Know I know all about rural Oklahoma, but where in the HELL is Wister?

Other wise you know I would be honored for you take care of my little baby.

Blue thanks for the rec! We will call them.

And there are a couple of places close to the house, but none of them where we can pick him up on sunday and I really don't want have to wait till Monday to go get my little guy. I have a hard time sleeping with out him, he's like our kid.

I know it's sad.

Soonrboy
7/25/2007, 09:33 PM
I can't remember if you are in Norman. We take our dogs to Redwind Kennels out on highway 9, very close to Riverwind. Its out on a little country road, and they take excellent care. I think they are opened for 2 hours on Sunday, so you can schedule to pick up your dog then.

TopDaugIn2000
7/25/2007, 09:43 PM
I took Lucy to Top Daug in Norman, and there is also Rose Rock here in town. Moore has Camp Bow Wow, which I've heard good things about, they even have web cams so you can check up on the kiddos while you're away.

soonerboomer93
7/25/2007, 09:46 PM
Didn't TD2K just post something about taking her doggie to day care?

JohnnyMack
7/25/2007, 09:50 PM
Take 'em to Dean's place. Just drop them off down by the creek. He'll keep an eye on 'em.

olevetonahill
7/25/2007, 10:02 PM
Know I know all about rural Oklahoma, but where in the HELL is Wister?

Other wise you know I would be honored for you take care of my little baby.

Blue thanks for the rec! We will call them.

And there are a couple of places close to the house, but none of them where we can pick him up on sunday and I really don't want have to wait till Monday to go get my little guy. I have a hard time sleeping with out him, he's like our kid.

I know it's sad.
Wister is 7 miles Or so From Poteau !

TopDaugIn2000
7/25/2007, 10:07 PM
Didn't TD2K just post something about taking her doggie to day care?

yup, took her to Top Dog in Norman. She didn't behave though :(

olevetonahill
7/25/2007, 10:12 PM
Are You Going east or West on I-40 ?
North or south I can Meet Ya

Jimminy Crimson
7/26/2007, 02:37 AM
Best Friends on Memorial just W of the Broadway Ext in N OKC

Lucky Dog Lodge on the NW corner of Broadway Ext and 63rd

AMSooner
7/26/2007, 08:32 AM
Lucky Dog Lodge is very nice. I've taken my dogs there several times. They are open on Sundays.

Mjcpr
7/26/2007, 08:38 AM
Don't you have a friend that could watch him? I always thought that would be 100X better than a kennel but that's just me.

What about moms? Brothers or sisters? Friends?

colleyvillesooner
7/26/2007, 08:41 AM
I know of a good one in Dallas, you know, if you ever lived here, you could use it.

OUHOMER
7/26/2007, 09:14 AM
there is a new chain of doggie sitters opening. Mike Vick dog sitters, we will teach your dog survival skills, Please sign the waiver, it is a tough school of love. the dog either learns or becomes dinner. best part its all FREE

StoopTroup
7/26/2007, 09:26 AM
Back in 1985, I was drinking pretty heavily and I think I dated a girl who worked at Camp Bow Wow....

The details are very foggy though...

LilSooner
7/29/2007, 06:55 PM
We took the little guy best friends and it was awesome. They took really good care of our little boy, and apparently he was an angel.

Thanks for all the help you guys!

bluedogok
7/29/2007, 07:19 PM
Best Friends on Memorial? I used them on an OU-Texas weekend when I lived in Edmond and went to using Neel when I moved back over to the west side of OKC. The only thing that I didn't like was their limited pickup time on Sunday compared to the 24 hours of Neel, other than that it was a good place.

SoonerKnight
7/30/2007, 02:44 AM
OK?

Wister is 7 miles Or so From Poteau !