PDA

View Full Version : US Embassy in Iraq, the largest ever

SoonerBOI
7/25/2007, 11:22 AM
I do believe we will be in Iraq for a long time.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12319798/

Tulsa_Fireman
7/25/2007, 11:28 AM
And?

SCOUT
7/25/2007, 12:04 PM
Updated: 4:45 p.m. CT April 14, 2006

Is there something new about this?

Chuck Bao
7/25/2007, 12:15 PM
This is old news. I thought Halliburton already announced that they're moving their headquarters to somewhere in the Middle East. ;)

SicEmBaylor
7/25/2007, 03:06 PM
Here's what's going to happen.

We're going to pour millions more than we already have in finishing the place and setting it up with the latest and greatest telecommunications equipment, office furniture, etc.

In a year or two, we're going to start pulling our forces out of Iraq. After they have withdrawn, the country is going to collapse into a full scale civil war in which the government we have set up is going to lose....badly. The incoming government will be ruled by militant Shi'ite's fully supported by Iran and decidedly unfriendly to remaining US forces. The result is that they'll take over that pretty new US embassy leading to a Saigonesque evacuation. In short order, that new embassy will be the new HQ for the radical government or slum apartments or some such crap.

jk the sooner fan
7/25/2007, 04:05 PM
i wonder if we can finally pull troops out of Germany now.....

SicEmBaylor
7/25/2007, 04:08 PM
i wonder if we can finally pull troops out of Germany now.....

I wish, but the Germans were significantly more sensible in defeat.

Anyway, this is off subject but you brought it up, I'm not a fan of leaving any troops in Europe, but that's unlikely so I'd like to move those troops out of Germany and into Poland.

The Polish have been lobbying to move our bases there for several years, and it would put us closer to the Russians and provide a closer check in case they ever tried to reconstitute the territory they lost after the collapse of the Soviet Union. I'm still convinced we'll have to fight Russia some day.

yermom
7/25/2007, 04:12 PM
hopefully they have rigged it to self-destruct

jk the sooner fan
7/25/2007, 04:15 PM

Anyway, this is off subject but you brought it up, I'm not a fan of leaving any troops in Europe, but that's unlikely so I'd like to move those troops out of Germany and into Poland.

The Polish have been lobbying to move our bases there for several years, and it would put us closer to the Russians and provide a closer check in case they ever tried to reconstitute the territory they lost after the collapse of the Soviet Union. I'm still convinced we'll have to fight Russia some day.

the fulda gap of the 80's would have loved you...

Jimminy Crimson
7/25/2007, 04:19 PM
Hmm, I should move to Baghdad. It'll be a pretty nice place!

Harry Beanbag
7/25/2007, 04:21 PM

Moving our troops into Poland would probably accomplish that.

Chuck Bao
7/25/2007, 04:48 PM
Okay, so these state department types want to build their walled city. That, in of itself, is a pretty good indication.

I don't like embassy people. I don't like them at all.

And, Bangkok has one of the largest US embassies in Asia.

I used to go there to buy Dr. Pepper, so that's another indication. But, I aint going to hate them on that.