PDA

View Full Version : OEC bill

mdklatt
7/25/2007, 09:34 AM
Why in the hell is my electric bill so high this month--2.5 times higher than last month, and the weather hasn't been that much warmer. It's higher than any bill from last summer, when it was a lot warmer. Plus, I've been setting my thermostat higher because my new A/C unit blows colder air.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

TopDaugIn2000
7/25/2007, 09:35 AM
oh crap, I don't even wanna open mine. it was $160 last month! :eek:

TopDaugIn2000
7/25/2007, 09:36 AM
they might have read it wrong....compare the reading on the bill with the reading on your meter. happened to me one time.

TopDaugIn2000
7/25/2007, 09:37 AM
I just looked, it's $176 this month. still pretty high for the size of my house. Hopefully the cleaning my A/C unit got plus my new windows I'm getting installed will help.

SoonerBOI
7/25/2007, 09:52 AM
I feel you pain.

Tulsa_Fireman
7/25/2007, 09:59 AM
Hopefully the cleaning my A/C unit got plus my new windows I'm getting installed will help.

It'll help tremendously.

I had those single pane aluminum frame windows in my place when I bought it. So dang leaky you could put your hand a foot or two away from the window and still feel the cold coming off of it. I replaced those, the entry door, and the two aluminum sliding glass doors with dual pane vinyl, a nice fiberglass entry door, and a couple of steel french doors. And for my trouble, it cut my summer electric bill and my winter gas bill in half. Yes, in half.

And it makes the house look a lot better, too.

TopDaugIn2000
7/25/2007, 10:02 AM
my uncle in a contractor and does windows, I ordered the double pane, low-E, argon gas filled, energy star rated vinyl windows. They arrive Friday, just have to get him up here to install them. on top of the energy savings, I'll also get a tax break! w00t!

Tear Down This Wall
7/25/2007, 10:09 AM
Our bill this month was $240. Last July it was $330. Either way, it's bullsh*t. In 2005, July bill was about $130.

The dickhead politicians could do something about it, but they won't. There is a ton of natural gas sitting of Florida's coast - some estimate the largest natural gas reserve in the world, the Destin Dome - but Republican and Democratic politician alike vote against drilling down there.

So, when it comes to your higher energy prices, simply blame the jackhole who won't fix the problem - politicians.

Familiar theme?

mdklatt
7/25/2007, 10:55 AM
they might have read it wrong....compare the reading on the bill with the reading on your meter. happened to me one time.

We have automatic meters now. There aren't supposed to be mistakes like that anymore.

TopDaugIn2000
7/25/2007, 10:57 AM
they were off one digit when reading it, I think it was the 1000 digit, and it made a HUGE difference in my bill.

mdklatt
7/25/2007, 11:02 AM
they were off one digit when reading it, I think it was the 1000 digit, and it made a HUGE difference in my bill.

The made a mistake on mine a few years ago. In July my bill was ridiculously high, and when I called them they denied that they made a mistake. The August bill was $100 less, even though it was hotter in August. Nope, no mistake there! :D At least it all evens out in the end if they do make a mistake.

Beef
7/25/2007, 02:26 PM
What do y'all pay per KWh?

I've heard it's considerably cheaper in OK than Dallas.

mdklatt
7/27/2007, 08:35 PM
What do y'all pay per KWh?

I've heard it's considerably cheaper in OK than Dallas.

This month it was 13.6 cents/kWh.

mdklatt
7/27/2007, 08:38 PM
Mystery solved: My electronic payment for last month must not have been gone through, so this month's balance is for June and July. Aren't they supposed to call you or cut off your electricity or something when you miss a payment? They didn't even charge me the late fee. Not that I'm complaining.

Now I just have to figure out why my electronic payment didn't go through. :mad:

EDIT: Is this going to end up on my credit report? (Good lord, it's like being in junior high and worrying about your permanent record). OEC can't be too worked up about it if they didn't even charge me a late fee.

Scott D
7/27/2007, 09:28 PM
Mystery solved: My electronic payment for last month must not have been gone through, so this month's balance is for June and July. Aren't they supposed to call you or cut off your electricity or something when you miss a payment? They didn't even charge me the late fee. Not that I'm complaining.

Now I just have to figure out why my electronic payment didn't go through. :mad:

EDIT: Is this going to end up on my credit report? (Good lord, it's like being in junior high and worrying about your permanent record). OEC can't be too worked up about it if they didn't even charge me a late fee.

generally speaking unless you have a very bad history the electric company will give you at least 45 days grace on being late. In some states you could technically go as far as 3 months before you get a shutoff notice. Not that I'm saying you should let the bill go that long.

StoopTroup
7/28/2007, 01:45 AM
They know our water bill is low so they are fleecing us all...

XingTheRubicon
7/28/2007, 11:03 AM

No, it won't go on your credit report. Repayment of borrowed funds (credit cards, mortgages, car payments, etc) will appear on your credit report as a late if it's 30 days late. Utility companies will only report to the bureaus if you have an unpaid collection ( like when you move and don't pay the last bill)

Boomer.....
9/24/2007, 01:43 PM
Weak. Sauce.

Last months bill was around $165. Today I got the new bill: $235.

I didn't think it was as hot, yet the bill went way up. :mad:

BTW, $0.09 per kwh

TopDaugIn2000
9/24/2007, 02:05 PM
over $200 last month, hopefully this month will be a bit easier since I got the windows put in over labor day weekend. HOPEFULLY.

jeremy885
9/24/2007, 02:28 PM
I just looked, it's $176 this month. still pretty high for the size of my house. Hopefully the cleaning my A/C unit got plus my new windows I'm getting installed will help.

$320 for a one bedroom apartment. Damn Russian inlaw wanting the apartment to feel like a St Petersberg winter :mad:

Petro-Sooner
9/24/2007, 02:58 PM
Our bill this month was $240. Last July it was $330. Either way, it's bullsh*t. In 2005, July bill was about $130.

The dickhead politicians could do something about it, but they won't. There is a ton of natural gas sitting of Florida's coast - some estimate the largest natural gas reserve in the world, the Destin Dome - but Republican and Democratic politician alike vote against drilling down there.

So, when it comes to your higher energy prices, simply blame the jackhole who won't fix the problem - politicians.

Familiar theme?

Dont get me started on the oil and gas sitting under Florida and along its coast.

r5TPsooner
9/24/2007, 03:13 PM
Our was $379. I hated writing that check.