PDA

View Full Version : So apparently some parents will still hit their kids in Public places

royalfan5
7/23/2007, 08:23 PM
So I'm in Target because I need shaving and dental supplies. As I enter the store, I hear a family behind me with a small child whining about something. Then I hear the mother say, I'll give you something to cry about and then I hear the unmistakeable sound of a kid getting smacked. Then the Mom begins to taunt the crying child in the store, and ask her if she wants to get hit again. I decided to walk a little faster at that point.

jrsooner
7/23/2007, 08:28 PM
So I'm in Target because I need shaving and dental supplies. As I enter the store, I hear a family behind me with a small child whining about something. Then I hear the mother say, I'll give you something to cry about and then I hear the unmistakeable sound of a kid getting smacked. Then the Mom begins to taunt the crying child in the store, and ask her if she wants to get hit again. I decided to walk a little faster at that point.Ouch!!! You promised not to tell anyone!!!! :)

Seriously though, my kids have come to learn the "finger flick/smack" attack. They know at that time Mom/Dad has had enough.

My kids are pretty good in general, but there are those days that they can just drive you up the wall in a store.

Taunting is not cool! Why would anyone taunt a kid for that.

usmc-sooner
7/23/2007, 08:30 PM
probably 90% of kids these days aint getting their little butts swatted enough.

Scott D
7/23/2007, 08:40 PM
It's more fun when you are in shopping settings where other parents applaud the parent who smacks their kid. Too bad more of them don't decide it's the best course of action as well.

bluedogok
7/23/2007, 08:42 PM
I thought that only happened at Wal-Mart....where even the greeter will help ya....

oilmud
7/23/2007, 08:43 PM

+1

AllAboutThe'O'
7/23/2007, 08:46 PM
So I'm in Target because I need shaving and dental supplies. As I enter the store, I hear a family behind me with a small child whining about something. Then I hear the mother say, I'll give you something to cry about and then I hear the unmistakeable sound of a kid getting smacked. Then the Mom begins to taunt the crying child in the store, and ask her if she wants to get hit again. I decided to walk a little faster at that point.

I'm the same way. I prefer to do my shopping in the wee hours of the morning because there's much fewer kids and even fewer derelict parents. When I go out to eat, when I'm not with my girlfriend, I pick a place (usually in the bar section) where I may generally not get to sit next to a derelict parent and their kids.
Hopefully, you didn't react in anger when that mom did that to her kid. Me, I probably might have lost it a little bit because I normally get real tense around these types of situations.

Turd_Ferguson
7/23/2007, 08:46 PM
I thought that only happened at Wal-Mart....where even the greeter will help ya....

Ding Ding....Whip yer kid's!

royalfan5
7/23/2007, 09:03 PM
I'm pretty sure she hit her kid across the face, and not the *** though. That's a little different.

KABOOKIE
7/23/2007, 09:34 PM
Maybe mommy and daddy didn't hit you enough? Mmmk

usmc-sooner
7/23/2007, 09:39 PM
I'm pretty sure she hit her kid across the face, and not the *** though. That's a little different.

if you watched a kid get hit in the face or was pretty sure about it then WTF are you posting about it, why not do something about it?

IMO people who observe child abuse and do nothing are as guilty as the abuser

royalfan5
7/23/2007, 09:40 PM
Maybe mommy and daddy didn't hit you enough? Mmmk
I was smart enough that I didn't need to be hit to figure out how to stay in line.

royalfan5
7/23/2007, 09:43 PM
if you watched a kid get hit in the face or was pretty sure about it then WTF are you posting about it, why not do something about it?

IMO people who observe child abuse and do nothing are as guilty as the abuser
I didn't see it, only heard what I thought to be a kid getting slapped. I'm pretty sure it's legal to slap your kids in Nebraska as well. Seems like most of the posters here think slapping the kid is okay as well.

StuIsTheMan
7/23/2007, 09:48 PM
Ouch!!! You promised not to tell anyone!!!! :)

Seriously though, my kids have come to learn the "finger flick/smack" attack. They know at that time Mom/Dad has had enough.

My kids are pretty good in general, but there are those days that they can just drive you up the wall in a store.

Taunting is not cool! Why would anyone taunt a kid for that.

But if ya wanted to though...http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92134

goingoneight
7/23/2007, 09:53 PM
'Spanking' and other light disciplinary tactics are okay in my books, but I actually saw a woman break a finger from hitting her child in Wal-Mart before. You cannot say that spanking is universally okay because not every 'adult' knows how to control themselves. Just because you have a child doesn't mean you should be a parent. I'm not the type who will call 911 is a kid gets a bust on the rear for screaming or doing something wrong, if he/she has been warned. I will, however speak up if a kid has a bruised face and his mom or dad hits her/him at the first sign of an outburst.

usmc-sooner
7/23/2007, 10:01 PM
I didn't see it, only heard what I thought to be a kid getting slapped. I'm pretty sure it's legal to slap your kids in Nebraska as well. Seems like most of the posters here think slapping the kid is okay as well.

since you didn't see it,

are you an expert on the sounds of a slap against the butt and the face?

royalfan5
7/23/2007, 10:02 PM
since you didn't see it,

are you an expert on the sounds of a slap against the butt and the face?
I know what skin on skin sounds like, vs skin on clothes. It also didn't sound exceptionally hard.

usmc-sooner
7/23/2007, 10:07 PM
I know what skin on skin sounds like, vs skin on clothes. It also didn't sound exceptionally hard.

I bet you do

royalfan5
7/23/2007, 10:28 PM
I bet you do
It ain't rocket science to tell sounds apart.

OU Adonis
7/23/2007, 10:37 PM
Spanking is definately ok. Fear of punishment is an excellent way to keep kids in line.

Jimminy Crimson
7/23/2007, 10:40 PM
Teachers should be forced to spank children in front of the class when they misbehave.

We wouldn't have nearly as many idiots running around.

tulsaoilerfan
7/23/2007, 10:42 PM
Agreed.

def_lazer_fc
7/24/2007, 02:33 AM
see, parents are really screwing up with this open handed mess anyway. STRIKE FIRST, STRIKE HARD, NO MERCY! ;)

StoopTroup
7/24/2007, 03:28 AM
Is it legal to taser them?

jrsooner
7/24/2007, 06:03 AM
Teachers should be forced to spank children in front of the class when they misbehave.Woohoo!!!! My ol' Vice Principle in Jr. High couldn't hit your rear-end if it had a target on it. Whenever he swung it got the top part of your legs.

BUT that being said... the shop teacher with the board with the holes in it... No way do I ever want another swat from that board. Though my initials are on it. :)

Seriously, it would be better than sending kids to the A-school because they wrote "I love <name>" on the wall.