PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watching the Dems utube debate?

85Sooner
7/23/2007, 06:44 PM
on the CNN Channel.. How come Hillary gets a step up podium and none of the others do? Is she that short? Its funny watching them.:pop:

SoonerStormchaser
7/23/2007, 07:04 PM
No, cause they're all worthless losers...all they've done is offer anti-Bush bull**** and have yet to offer anything sensible to resolve those issues.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
7/23/2007, 07:08 PM
They are NOT funny! They are SERIOUS about their intentions. Vote Obama!

85Sooner
7/23/2007, 07:11 PM
They are NOT funny! They are SERIOUS about their intentions. Vote Obama!

Shirley you can't be serious!

soonerbrat
7/23/2007, 07:19 PM
hell no.

Scott D
7/23/2007, 07:26 PM
no, some of us have television viewing taste...ironic isn't it mr tv salesman?

royalfan5
7/23/2007, 07:27 PM
I have a strict no-debate policy until after the Conventions.

Jerk
7/23/2007, 07:32 PM
I don't need to watch it because I'm telepathic and I already know what they're saying. They arguing over who will give out the most handouts "If you vote for me!"

Turd_Ferguson
7/23/2007, 07:34 PM
does it have sub-titles in messican?

85Sooner
7/23/2007, 07:52 PM
does it have sub-titles in messican?

Close.They have SAP in ESPANOL.

It really is funny. The sad part is that most of the folks they picked to ask questions are so ignorant that they can't even ask a question that can be answered. People need to learn what gov can and can't do.

SicEmBaylor
7/23/2007, 07:52 PM
I'm watching the debate; it makes me not like democracy.

Jerk
7/23/2007, 07:55 PM
I have yet to turn it on, but my senses tell me that they are arguing over who will surrender to Al Queda in Iraq first.

Scott D
7/23/2007, 07:57 PM
So Jerk, what if i told you that due to lies told to our government by the Brits is the reason why the situation in Iran is as it is currently.

SicEmBaylor
7/23/2007, 08:02 PM
Jerk,
Biden just called you mentally unbalanced.

usmc-sooner
7/23/2007, 08:02 PM
So Jerk, what if i told you that due to lies told to our government by the Brits is the reason why the situation in Iran is as it is currently.

I'd say really, you're on the inside when it comes to communications between the US, the Brits, and Iran? Holy **** dude are you sure you've been cleared to post this over an internet message board.

Scott D
7/23/2007, 08:04 PM
Actually it's information that has been declassified for awhile...and it dates back to just after WW2 and amusingly enough...oil.

SoonerGirl06
7/23/2007, 08:09 PM
I deal with enough BS on a daily basis...

Jerk
7/23/2007, 08:10 PM
Do what?

SicEmBaylor
7/23/2007, 08:10 PM
I deal with enough BS on a daily basis...
How you doin'?

SicEmBaylor
7/23/2007, 08:11 PM
Do what?
This guy comes on with his rifle and calls it his "baby" and wants to know each candidate's position on gun control. Biden said something like the guy needed help and wasn't sure he was mentally stable enough to even own a firearm.

SoonerGirl06
7/23/2007, 08:12 PM
How you doin'?

I said BS not BJ...

:D :D

Jerk
7/23/2007, 08:14 PM
This guy comes on with his rifle and calls it his "baby" and wants to know each candidate's position on gun control. Biden said something like the guy needed help and wasn't sure he was mentally stable enough to even own a firearm.

LOL, SRSLY?

I hope it was an AK-47

Jerk
7/23/2007, 08:15 PM
doh! Even better, I just read it was an AR-15

I have a few of those so I guess I am certifiable.

SoonerGirl06
7/23/2007, 08:16 PM
Seriously.... how many times has Hillary flip-flopped on her agendas/positions so far in this debate?

usmc-sooner
7/23/2007, 08:19 PM
Actually it's information that has been declassified for awhile...and it dates back to just after WW2 and amusingly enough...oil.

I'm sure, could you please keep us posted on why the US, the Brits, and Iran don't get along.

I wonder why Iran doesn't get along with anyone in the world? amusingly enough it's probably oil. Yet you'd think with us being the one of their biggest markets they'd put aside petty differences to make money. Same with the Saudi's yet they can't.

Seems like oil and money aint always behind everything

SicEmBaylor
7/23/2007, 08:20 PM
I said BS not BJ...

I'll take it.

SicEmBaylor
7/23/2007, 08:21 PM
LOL, SRSLY?

I hope it was an AK-47
It looked like an AR-15

Jerk
7/23/2007, 08:24 PM
It looked like an AR-15

Good. They are the most popular rifle going right now and owned by millions. Biden just called a sh*tload of people 'mentally unstable.'

usmc-sooner
7/23/2007, 08:25 PM
Seriously.... how many times has Hillary flip-flopped on her agendas/positions so far in this debate?

exactly

I mean right now I'm not super high on Republicans, (actually quite disappointed)
but seriously if the competition is Hillary, then Dems are just coming out and saying FU to the people.

If it comes down to her and OBama, I'm taking OBama every single time.

usmc-sooner
7/23/2007, 08:27 PM
Good. They are the most popular rifle going right now and owned by millions. Biden just called a sh*tload of people 'mentally unstable.'

I'd take a good hunting rifle over the AR-15, they are a heavier, non- burst version of the M-16, unless they've modified in the last 5 years.

Jerk
7/23/2007, 08:28 PM
Anyway...Scott..I have to defer you to Mrs. Jerk (the one who gave me my name)

She escaped Iran in 1979 after the revolution. Her dad was an officer in the Shah's Air Force. He really knows a lot about that stuff.

The only thing I know is that we have a bunch of mullah's building teh bomb. It doesn't matter how we got to this point. Even the whole Carter fiasco is water under the bridge. What does matter is crazy mullah's + teh bomb = not good.

Jerk
7/23/2007, 08:29 PM
I'd take a good hunting rifle over the AR-15, they are a heavier, non- burst version of the M-16, unless they've modified in the last 5 years.
Depends on what you're hunting. Deer and other medium to large size game, yeah, I'd take a bolt action rifle.

But for coyotes and prairie dogs, the AR is perfect.

The also make AR's in more calibers than 5.56 NATO.

I have one chambered in 6.5 Grendel. It fits the AR lower, yet shoots a high BC bullet weighing 120grs that still goes supersonic after 1000 yards :)

Scott D
7/23/2007, 08:39 PM
I'm sure, could you please keep us posted on why the US, the Brits, and Iran don't get along.

I wonder why Iran doesn't get along with anyone in the world? amusingly enough it's probably oil. Yet you'd think with us being the one of their biggest markets they'd put aside petty differences to make money. Same with the Saudi's yet they can't.

Seems like oil and money aint always behind everything

we haven't gone trying to topple the Saudi's government yet. ;)

actually the whole thing with Iran ****es me off in terms of Britain more than anything, they played Eisenhower like a fiddle after Truman told em to **** off.

usmc-sooner
7/23/2007, 08:42 PM
Depends on what you're hunting. Deer and other medium to large size game, yeah, I'd take a bolt action rifle.

But for coyotes and prairie dogs, the AR is perfect.

The also make AR's in more calibers than 5.56 NATO.

I have one chambered in 6.5 Grendel. It fits the AR lower, yet shoots a high BC bullet weighing 120grs that still goes supersonic after 1000 yards :)

Jerk
you obviously know way more about rifle's than me. I know what the USMC required me know and that's about it. Do you think you could build a rifle or a least lay out the specs. I know an outfitter in Montana that makes rifles, he has asked me a few times, how I would build a rifle or what I would want. Anyways I feel kinda dumb talking to him, as I know how to shoot, how to break down and put together, and what I like (when it comes to what I've used) but about 2 minutes into the conversation he is way over my head.

SoonerGirl06
7/23/2007, 08:50 PM
I'll take it.

Oh the replies that are on the tip of my tongue...

usmc-sooner

actually the whole thing with Iran ****es me off in terms of Britain more than anything, they played Eisenhower like a fiddle after Truman told em to **** off.

which tells you that if both governments play ball, we don't go to war. Yet radical muslims, aint to worried about what the government says.

All the other stuff about Britain, Eisenhown, and Truman, I'll concede. You are probably more educated on that subject than I am.

Shirley you can't be serious!

1.I'm not always serious, and I'm hardly ever Shirley.

Jerk
7/23/2007, 08:52 PM
I've built AR's and FAL's from parts kits. That's it.

It really just depends on what you want it for. Target shooting? Varmints? You want a rifle just like you had in the service (minus the 3-shot bursts, of course). There are a mulitude of ways that an AR can be configured. And of course there is money. It's really getting hard to build a quality AR for less than a $1000 now days.

Vaevictis
7/23/2007, 08:54 PM
I said BS not BJ...

Hah, have you met SicEm?

If he thinks it's possible that you self-lubricate, he's interested.

I wonder why Iran doesn't get along with anyone in the world?

Actually, they get along well enough with Russia that Russia is willing to export nuclear (power) technology to them. (... and yet, you don't hear the White House complaining about Russia. Funny that.)

usmc-sooner
7/23/2007, 08:59 PM
I've built AR's and FAL's from parts kits. That's it.

It really just depends on what you want it for. Target shooting? Varmints? You want a rifle just like you had in the service (minus the 3-shot bursts, of course). There are a mulitude of ways that an AR can be configured. And of course there is money. It's really getting hard to build a quality AR for less than a $1000 now days.

what would you suggest for target practice? long range target practice?

I think I'd rather do this than shoot deer. Not that I'm anti deer-hunting or anything it's just boring to me.

OCUDad
7/23/2007, 09:00 PM
Oh the replies that are on the tip of my tongue...That's fine. The tip of your tongue is all SicEm is interested in, anyway.

Jerk
7/23/2007, 09:07 PM
Well...

This would be nice if you want to mount a scope:
http://www.model1sales.com/item-detail.cfm?ID=KV2000&storeid=1&image=V20k.gif

If you want to use iron sights, this would be good..comes with a very nice barrel:

http://www.model1sales.com/item-detail.cfm?ID=KSEKRI20&storeid=1&image=s20kreigkit.gif&CFID=18551341&CFTOKEN=95774187

Add about 120 bucks for a receiver and you're in business. You just have to assemble it. These kits aren't regulated, but the receivers are. You have to buy that from a licensed dealer and fill out the paper work.

I think you'd like this version...
http://www.model1sales.com/item-detail.cfm?ID=KSE200CL&storeid=1&image=s20prek.gif

I got to to bed but just pm me when you need to...

There are many other options and many other companies besides this one. If you want to build one, get back with me and will figure out what you want.

Jerk
7/23/2007, 09:10 PM
Here's a pic of my long-range AR

http://img204.imageshack.us/my.php?image=phot0003uc2.jpg

royalfan5
7/23/2007, 09:11 PM

Not to mention the irony of helping a state owned oil company take the oil of another state that wanted to create their owned state owned oil company from said oil.

SoonerGirl06
7/23/2007, 10:03 PM
I really wanted to add something substantial to this thread, but between family members and ex's it virtually impossible. :mad:

def_lazer_fc
7/24/2007, 02:25 AM
Close.They have SAP in ESPANOL.

It really is funny. The sad part is that most of the folks they picked to ask questions are so ignorant that they can't even ask a question that can be answered. People need to learn what gov can and can't do.

kinda like bush's "town meetings"

StoopTroup
7/24/2007, 03:37 AM
Just when you start thinking one of these candidates might be doing better than the others....

They say something to put themselves at the back of the pack.

It's like they are planning these things just to screw with us.

7/24/2007, 10:24 AM
Just when you start thinking one of these candidates might be doing better than the others....

They say something to put themselves at the back of the pack.

It's like they are planning these things just to screw with us.You will be voting for one of them, no?

JohnnyMack
7/24/2007, 10:28 AM
Watched about 45 minutes of it. I hate them all. They're the most worthless bunch of turds I've seen assembled in a long time.

Ike
7/24/2007, 11:26 AM
I watched...I wasn't impressed. Except maybe by Gravel. I don't agree with him that our soldiers died in vain in Vietnam, but I like his fire. Not that I think he has a chance in hell...

Ike
7/24/2007, 11:28 AM
I'm also tempted to submit a question to the republican side.

"How much information do you need to collect about me, or any other American citizen, in order to win the war on terror?"

usmc-sooner
7/24/2007, 01:34 PM
I'm also tempted to submit a question to the republican side.

"How much information do you need to collect about me, or any other American citizen, in order to win the war on terror?"

Dude they got more information on me than almost anyone on this board, and I could care less, If they want to be board out of their mind they can listen to my phone conversations, read my email. They only cue in if you're making phone calls to the Mid East, known mafia and stuff like that. They can listen till they get old and gray and they aint ever going to catch me doing something wrong.

That being said I'm disappointed in both parties. The Republicans talk about the things I believe in but you vote them into congress and we don't get any changes it's business as usual. It's weird to me that when a Dem is in office the Republicans bitch and whine about everything he does and blame him for everything. Then a Republican gets in office and the Dems bitch and whine and blame him for everything. Yet if you look around there have not been any major changes. I don't think there have been any major changes in the last 28 years. The next guy we elect it will be the same thing, and yet I guarantee there will be no major changes.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss. Don't get fooled again.

SicEmBaylor
7/24/2007, 01:36 PM
I watched...I wasn't impressed. Except maybe by Gravel. I don't agree with him that our soldiers died in vain in Vietnam, but I like his fire. Not that I think he has a chance in hell...
Hitler had a fire in his belly for the political process as well.

Just sayin'

Ike
7/24/2007, 01:57 PM
Dude they got more information on me than almost anyone on this board, and I could care less, If they want to be board out of their mind they can listen to my phone conversations, read my email. They only cue in if you're making phone calls to the Mid East, known mafia and stuff like that. They can listen till they get old and gray and they aint ever going to catch me doing something wrong.

I know a lot of people don't have a problem with it, but I do. And the reason I do, is because if they are collecting all this information in the first place, we really get very little say in how they might decide to use it in the future. Right now, they may only zero in on people that make contact with known bad guys...but then who is to stop them from expanding their use of that information, and analyzing it in some other way that really doesn't sit well with most people.

I know they are going to have to monitor some information. But I'd much rather that they take great pains to ensure that the information they collect is minimal at best. With technology booming so fast, and a congress that has a hard time at best when it comes to writing laws that adequately address the privacy issues with new technology, it's my opinion that we are in a position that could quickly deteriorate to an insane amount of big brotherish behavior on the part of the government thats all done in the name of keeping us safe. Whether it really does or not.

It's my opinion that accepting the "you've got nothing to fear if you've got nothing to hide" argument leads us down a very slippery slope.

That said, I fully respect the degree of difficulty of the job they are trying to do, and accept that some monitoring is probably necessary. I just think that there ought to be a crapload of oversight to that monitoring, because frankly, whether or not they are trying to do something good with it, it's still the government, and they are still untrustworthy.

usmc-sooner
7/24/2007, 02:42 PM
I know a lot of people don't have a problem with it, but I do. And the reason I do, is because if they are collecting all this information in the first place, we really get very little say in how they might decide to use it in the future.

They aint going to have nothing to use against me in the future. Plus this has being going on forever, the Clintons did and and used it to their political advantage. J. Edgar Hoover did it. It's nothing new, it's not going to just stop and it certainly isn't a Republican thing.

Ike
7/24/2007, 02:45 PM
They aint going to have nothing to use against me in the future. Plus this has being going on forever, the Clintons did and and used it to their political advantage. J. Edgar Hoover did it. It's nothing new, it's not going to just stop and it certainly isn't a Republican thing.

I know...but theirs is the next debate, and I want someone to talk about it.

picasso
7/24/2007, 02:57 PM
debates are useless.

you don't learn that much about a candidate and, just because you're a whizz at it does not mean you'll be good at the job you's is interviewing for.

Vaevictis
7/24/2007, 03:00 PM
Debates aren't useless.

The crappy-*** dog and pony shows, rules designed so you can't actually say anything, that they're calling debates these days... yeah, these are useless.

Ike
7/24/2007, 03:03 PM
Debates aren't useless.

The crappy-*** dog and pony shows, rules designed so you can't actually say anything, that they're calling debates these days... yeah, these are useless.

Bingo. Actually, if I were to submit a question for future debates, it would probably be addressed to the moderator to a) Make them answer the question posed, and to press them for details if necessary and b) to let them have more time so they can go into detail.

picasso
7/24/2007, 03:07 PM
Debates aren't useless.

yes, they are. I already know what I need to know. the debates don't help one bitto.
and, the last thing I want to hear asked is a question from some kid on youtube who thinks there's actually a chance at world peace.

Vaevictis
7/24/2007, 03:15 PM
shrug, they're useless to you maybe.

A real debate is not at all useless to me.

JohnnyMack
7/24/2007, 03:34 PM
Debates aren't useless.

Wake me up in about 15 months when ONE Democrat is debating ONE Republican and they can (or are forced to) offer up more than sound bites.

picasso
7/24/2007, 03:36 PM
shrug, they're useless to you maybe.

A real debate is not at all useless to me.
yes, a debate on many topics is good. I'm talking presidential debates. they suck. and I learn nothing other than they suck more than I originally thought.

SicEmBaylor
7/24/2007, 03:40 PM
These YouTube debates was one of the most ignorant *** things that I'd ever seen.

A f-ing sock puppet asked a question. A SOCK PUPPET!

The one that really ****ed me off though was the one where the two women asked the candidates if they'd be willing to work for a year on minimum wage.

Harry Beanbag
7/24/2007, 04:28 PM
Watched about 45 minutes of it. I hate them all. They're the most worthless bunch of turds I've seen assembled in a long time.

There is a collection of pics on this site from the debate last night...

http://ratemypoo.com/

SoonerKnight
7/29/2007, 02:08 AM
And nobody else has? I forget this is how we ended up with Bush he WAS supposed to be the better of the two in 2000!!!!

SoonerKnight
7/29/2007, 02:10 AM
How is that Democrat doing at the State Capital. You know the govenor? I hear he has done some good things! I guess yesterdays Liberal is not todays Democrat!!!!!!!!

OklahomaTuba
7/29/2007, 03:26 AM
I didn't watch it, but people here in Euro-land sure got a kick out of it.

Did any truthers ask any questions? That would have made the night complete for me.