PDA

View Full Version : I Need to be Enlightened

SteelClip49
7/22/2007, 10:29 PM
Who has the power...the President or Congress?

Who decides what is best for our country...the President or the People?

I thought it was the people that decided what was best for our country regarding issues and it was Congress that had more power than the President; the President just oversees everything.

This may be stupid in the way I am approaching this but I am really out of the loop here. Do the first 3 words of the Constitution not mean anything anymore?

sanantoniosooner
7/22/2007, 10:31 PM
The Jews are in charge.

royalfan5
7/22/2007, 10:35 PM
The Jews are in charge.
Nu-Uh, it's the Illuminati and the Tri-lateral Committee.

jk the sooner fan
7/22/2007, 10:36 PM
i predict 6 pages

StuIsTheMan
7/22/2007, 11:10 PM
The Jews are in charge.

Nah they got all the money is all...
The ones that are really in charge are the Mason's, Skulls and the Nights Templer. Just saw it on OPB so it must be true...no commericials pretty informative:rolleyes:

SCOUT
7/22/2007, 11:17 PM

I thought it was the people that decided what was best for our country regarding issues and it was Congress that had more power than the President; the President just oversees everything.

This may be stupid in the way I am approaching this but I am really out of the loop here. Do the first 3 words of the Constitution not mean anything anymore?
Actually it is very clear that there are 3 seperate but equal branches of government. There is the legislative, judicial and executive branch... Now that I think about it, if you are asking this as a real question then I don't want to participate in your thread.

Widescreen
7/22/2007, 11:18 PM
I thought Stoops was in charge. :confused:

StuIsTheMan
7/22/2007, 11:22 PM
I thought Stoops was in charge. :confused:
If that were the case then we would not be in this situation...just say'n:pop:

oumartin
7/22/2007, 11:27 PM
the mexicans!

StuIsTheMan
7/22/2007, 11:37 PM
the mexicans!
no not yet...give it time..

soonerboomer93
7/22/2007, 11:50 PM
bri....

yermom
7/23/2007, 01:49 AM
he only has the power of the Anal Lube ;)

soonerboomer93
7/23/2007, 02:58 AM
exactly, that way he can gently **** our enemies over when necessary, but he can choose not to use it...

Jerk
7/23/2007, 06:12 AM
Sure! If the polls were to say that the majority Americans want to put all the black people in jail, then viola! It would happen!

(Buddy, we live in a consitutional republic, not a 'democracy')

Find OUHomer in the member's list and take a gander at his signiture.

OUHOMER
7/23/2007, 06:26 AM
Sure! If the polls were to say that the majority Americans want to put all the black people in jail, the viola! It would happen!

(Buddy, we live in a consitutional republic, not a 'democracy')

Find OUHomer in the member's list and take a gander at his signiture.

:D

stoopified
7/23/2007, 06:31 AM
The Jews are in charge.
Yes we are! YOU gotta problem with that?

olevetonahill
7/23/2007, 07:13 AM
Its the HMFNIC
ya gotta a prob with that ?

OUinFLA
7/23/2007, 07:55 AM
I know for sure I'm not.

just work with the process of elimination, when you get down to one person left, it's him/her

dolemitesooner
7/23/2007, 08:11 AM

I have a question. When are you going to set a date for me to own you in basketball?

SteelClip49
7/23/2007, 10:16 AM
SCOUT, you are a turd and I am being serious.

Guess I will not get a clear answer.

Dole, I will be working in Norman when two-a-days start so I will let you know then.

bluedogok
7/23/2007, 11:06 AM
Do the first 3 words of the Constitution not mean anything anymore?
Nope, it has been re-written.....We, the large donors......

Sooner-jackman
7/23/2007, 12:33 PM
n/a

Tear Down This Wall
7/23/2007, 02:07 PM

There are three co-equal branches of government in our representative democracy...and then, there's the administrative branch, the fourth rail.

The only ones not in charge are the baby-eating libertarians. Even the enviro-nazis get their way these days sometime with legislation. But, not the libertarians. They're forever stuck on crap like eliminating the IRS, which makes for great dinner conversation, but will never happen. But, don't tell a libertarian that...after all, Von Mises and Freidman and Smith and...where's the barf bag?

So, the real answer is, everyone and no one is in charge. The sooner you accept it, the better off life is.

dolemitesooner
7/23/2007, 02:08 PM
SCOUT, you are a turd and I am being serious.

Guess I will not get a clear answer.

Dole, I will be working in Norman when two-a-days start so I will let you know then.
Yeah you better you scared *** vagaina:cool:

SteelClip49
7/23/2007, 03:14 PM
dole, at least spell it right.

In fact, change your signature a bit.

BTW, other than the outdoor court where the dorm towers are, where are some other locations. The Huff is out of the question.

85Sooner
7/23/2007, 04:42 PM

Both

Both

The President is Commander in Chief. He has more power than any one representative. It takes 2/3 or 3/4 of the house to overrule the President.

We the People? The only problem is that "We the People" are not "We the People" anymore since Entitlement programs were born. Politicians do not answer to the "people" anymore. They answer to the special interest groups, union, minorities, gays, etc...Is that what you were looking for?

Vaevictis
7/23/2007, 04:48 PM
Pfft, they didn't answer to the "people" before the government entitlement programs either.

Instead, there were political party "entitlement programs" that directly bought votes. Here's a dime, friend, if you'll go vote straight ticket Democrat!

And far enough back before that, it was only land owners that voted. That's a special interest group all its own.