PDA

View Full Version : College Football Live

illinisooner
7/22/2007, 08:14 PM
Haven't seen this posted anywhere yet, but ESPN is debuting a new show this week called College Football Live. I believe it is going to be shown every weekday at 2:30 Central time, starting on Monday. Rece Davis is the host, but unfortunately the analysts will be Lou Holtz and Mark May. Hopefully this will satisfy our college football fix for a while.

sendbaht
7/22/2007, 09:09 PM
Thanks for the reminder. A buddy told be about this show a while back. I'm going to set my TiVo.

goingoneight
7/22/2007, 09:42 PM
Watching anything college football-related is better than watching (regular season... not the playoffs) baseball, volleyball, golf, rock-paper-scissors, poker, UFC, wrestling and all the other crap ESPN plays. Just to give an example: if I'm channel surfing and I see Mack Brown, though I dislike Hook 'em, I'll still be more inclined to watch :mack: clap and apologize than I would be to watch swimming or gymnastics.

oklaclarinet
7/22/2007, 10:33 PM
Just to give an example: if I'm channel surfing and I see Mack Brown, though I dislike Hook 'em, I'll still be more inclined to watch :mack: clap and apologize than I would be to watch swimming or gymnastics.

I don't know, the girls of the OU gymnastics team are much hotter than Mack Brown.

Seamus
7/23/2007, 12:40 PM
Yeah, I'd tap that, once they ate a little protein and got above 85 pounds :cool:

SteelClip49
7/23/2007, 02:56 PM
Less Smiles was interviewed, blah blah blah. Anyone catch his 5 minutes of fame?

AllAboutThe'O'
7/23/2007, 07:43 PM
Less Smiles was interviewed, blah blah blah. Anyone catch his 5 minutes of fame?
I will be rooting for him to put Urban Meyer and Nick Saban in their places, and doing the same to Pete Carroll if they do play USC in the national title game.
Also, I thought it was a little over the top with the Grambling State band and the "fans" cheering at the beginning. Save that for Gameday.

critical_phil
7/23/2007, 07:45 PM
I will be rooting for him to put Urban Meyer and Nick Saban in their places, and doing the same to Pete Carroll if they do play USC in the national title game.

i'll root for les when hell freezes over.

**** that corndog bastard.

:les:

Sooner in Tampa
7/24/2007, 05:25 AM
i'll root for les when hell freezes over.
:les:I can't believe they had that stupid bastard on the first show. He is a freakin idiot...and he has already started the whining about how hard it is to get through the SEC AND then play in the SEC CG "it makes it very hard to go undefeated or highly ranked" :mad: I guess this is the new mantra of the SEC...we are the best conference so we should get special treatment :mad:
:les: WE ARE GOING TO LOSE A GAME, BUT THAT SHOULDN'T COUNT

And he completely sidestepped the question about his quotes concerning SUC...he said "I hope Pete's not worried about something that is so far in the future..." :confused:
He is jus an effin idjit...even the SEC fans are tired of his crap already.

Harry Beanbag
7/24/2007, 06:58 AM
I can't believe how many commercial breaks they managed to fit into a half hour program. ESPN sucks Michael Vick's herpes-ridden nutsack.

SoonerBOI
7/24/2007, 10:58 AM
30 minute show with lots of commercial, no thanks.

RedstickSooner
7/24/2007, 02:20 PM
and he has already started the whining about how hard it is to get through the SEC AND then play in the SEC CG "it makes it very hard to go undefeated or highly ranked"

Uhm. Well. First, let me say - I totally hate that choadslurper.

That being said, this quote you complain about... Sounds near identical to something Stoops said at some point about the Big 12.

Bitching about the fact that some conference champs have to play a CCG, while other "champs" are determined by virtue of how daintily they hopscotched through their cupcakes, seems pretty reasonable to me.

Miles is still a *********, and I hope he loses every game he ever coaches (although that isn't likely with the massive talent LSU gets).

The only time I'll root for him is if he plays USC or Notre Dame. And even then, it'll make me feel a little sick inside.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
7/24/2007, 02:59 PM
I'm sort of not minding Nick Saban so much. I want Bammer to get competitive, to balance out losses in the SEC, giving us a better hchance for higher ratings.

silverwheels
7/24/2007, 03:16 PM
I can't believe they had that stupid bastard on the first show. He is a freakin idiot...and he has already started the whining about how hard it is to get through the SEC AND then play in the SEC CG "it makes it very hard to go undefeated or highly ranked" :mad: I guess this is the new mantra of the SEC...we are the best conference so we should get special treatment :mad:
:les: WE ARE GOING TO LOSE A GAME, BUT THAT SHOULDN'T COUNT

Hey, Les, I don't know if you know this, but the SEC currently has the most BCS champions with 3: Tennessee in 1998, LSU in 2003, and Florida in 2006. Yet it's so hard for a team to go undefeated or highly ranked. :rolleyes:

I'm glad he's not looking like an idiot in the Big 12 anymore.

sendbaht
7/24/2007, 05:25 PM
I really enjoyed the show today. It was Oklahoma this and Oklahoma that. It was like Oklahoma live. Very cool.

Go Sooners!!!!!!

Fraggle145
7/24/2007, 05:33 PM
Ya was pro-oklahoma today. Mark May actually said the first intelligent thing he ever said in his life about the NCAA sanctions (I was in shock), and they basically all said that taking away wins was stupid they all knew what the record is.

Sooner in Tampa
7/26/2007, 06:51 AM
Yesterday was the second time I got to watch it and again...some sickening moments.

Griese was on yesterday talking about the B12 South...poor ****ing Mack Brown, he has so much talent at his disposal--he can ONLY take 25 guys for schollys and the rest go to other schools and are hell bent on whippin his @$$.

Whatever

IronHorseSooner
7/26/2007, 07:43 AM
and the rest go to other schools and are hell bent on whippin his @$$.

I think we can more than accomodate in the @$$-whipping for :mack: . Like almost everyone else here, I am getting more than a little angered by the Hook 'em love from the media. Bob has a better team this year, and Hook 'em is worse, in particular the offensive line (where they need it with an injury-prone QB and no depth at that position), and secondary (where our outstanding WRs and TEs will be running wild back there, as well as any other team with a decent passing attack). The two guys who saved his bacon the last two years, VY and Chizik, are gone. Hook 'em will lose three games this year- us, Nebbish, and to one of the three aggies.

SoonerBOI
7/26/2007, 08:54 AM
Griese was boring. Mark May was giving all the love to USC, hell I stopped watching the show.

Big Game Bob
7/26/2007, 01:00 PM
IronHorse -

I have to disagree with you on one point. Yes, VY saved us from many a fire. That's what your star athletes do. AD saved you many times as well. I will agree with you that Chizik came in guns a blazin' his first year, and our defense obviously improved. He mailed it in, however, post the OU game. I appreciate everything he did for our program in 05, which was help win the NC. I wish him well at Iowa State, but am embracing what the change will do for this year's team.