PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here like Alter Bridge?

goingoneight
7/21/2007, 10:04 PM
I just listened to some samples on the radio, and they were outstanding. Tremonti owns as always on the guitar. Awesome solo at the end.

Unofficial first single sample: "Rise Today." (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLNkQ4UNOZ8&NR=1)

critical_phil
7/21/2007, 11:47 PM
gdc/nutsypoo-nip......er....nevermind.

royalfan5
7/22/2007, 02:49 AM
No.

SicEmBaylor
7/22/2007, 02:58 AM
That sucks, but ask me again in 10 years.

StoopTroup
7/22/2007, 03:14 AM
They sound a little like some of the other bands in the last 7 years or so...

That song is very good though IMO...

yermom
7/22/2007, 01:41 PM
They sound a little like some of the other bands in the last 7 years or so...

That song is very good though IMO...

i hope you don't mean Creed ;)

bluedogok
7/22/2007, 02:09 PM
Yep, and I liked the music of Creed. I remember hearing them in Pensacola before they hit big. I don't need to be pretentious about what music I do like.

colleyvillesooner
7/22/2007, 04:03 PM
I liked it better when they used to be called Soundgarden. :D

yermom
7/22/2007, 04:04 PM
i wasn't dogging Creed (this time ;))

it's just that Alter Bridge is basically Creed minus Scott Stapp, thus they might not exactly sound all that original

yermom
7/22/2007, 04:05 PM
I liked it better when they used to be called Soundgarden. :D

this almost warrants a neg

soonerinabilene
7/22/2007, 09:24 PM
Actually, with no stapp and the new record label, alter bridge sounds nothing like creed. Tremonti can actually do what he wants now, without worrying about some ego maniac getting all cheezed off at him for trying to steal his spotlight. I think Myles Kennedy has an amazing voice that is very unique and sounds nothing like stapp at all. One Day Remains was an awesome debut album, and their new one, Blackbird, is coming out in october, and is supposed to have a lot more guitar stuff in it from Tremonti.

For those that think they sound alike- listen a little closer. Tremonti goes off on just about every song with Alter Bridge. Creed, not so much.

goingoneight
7/22/2007, 09:35 PM
Actually, with no stapp and the new record label, alter bridge sounds nothing like creed. Tremonti can actually do what he wants now, without worrying about some ego maniac getting all cheezed off at him for trying to steal his spotlight. I think Myles Kennedy has an amazing voice that is very unique and sounds nothing like stapp at all. One Day Remains was an awesome debut album, and their new one, Blackbird, is coming out in october, and is supposed to have a lot more guitar stuff in it from Tremonti.

For those that think they sound alike- listen a little closer. Tremonti goes off on just about every song with Alter Bridge. Creed, not so much.

^^^ Dead on... Tremonti said he was limited to "power ballads" with Creed's managers, agents and producers because it was hot at the time. AB has been more of a showcase on Tremonti's skills. It took me a little while to get used to Myles Kennedy not screaming, but they're not some nu-metal band like everyone seems to think they are. My uncle has been playing electric for 30 years and couldn't play some of Tremonti's solos. I honestly think a lot of people dismiss AB prematurely because of the bad name Scott Stapp gave them with Creed. Tremonti uses the same riffs during Kennedy's verses, that's about the ONLY way they sound like Creed. AB isn't my favorite band, but I'll sure as hell stick up for them when people disrespect them. At least they're not a three-chord wonder like 99% of all other bands these days.

colleyvillesooner
7/22/2007, 10:43 PM
this almost warrants a neg

It's no knock on Soundgarden. They are great. In fact, jammed "Outshined" on the juke box at the bar last night.

silverwheels
7/23/2007, 01:04 PM
Alter Bridge has been around for almost 4 years. I heard the first single off their debut album and it was generic radio rock, so I didn't give them much more thought. I forgot they existed until this thread. Better than Creed, but that's not saying much.