PDA

View Full Version : Athlon's OU Preview

SoonerBOI
7/20/2007, 08:12 PM
Just came across this article.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/ncaa/specials/preview/2007/teams/okla.html

Soonerfan88
7/21/2007, 03:19 PM
I don't understand why they show Malcolm Kelly as the only returning starter at WR. Who exactly do they think filled the other side & slot if not Johnson & Iglesias?

BASSooner
7/21/2007, 03:27 PM
I don't think it matters. That is the great thing about Oklahoma, we don't give a flying f*ck what the media thinks of us.
:)

birddog
7/21/2007, 03:56 PM
I don't understand why they show Malcolm Kelly as the only returning starter at WR. Who exactly do they think filled the other side & slot if not Johnson & Iglesias?

"The Sooners return nine offensive starters who took the field for their Big 12 title game win over Nebraska. Among them: four across the offensive line, every receiver and running back Allen Patrick, who subbed so superbly when Adrian Peterson was missing with a broken collarbone."

birddog
7/21/2007, 03:58 PM
^^^^ that's from athlon, not me.

Soonerfan88
7/21/2007, 04:53 PM
In the graphic to the right, it shows 7 returning starters on offense with names in red. The only receiver designated is Malcolm Kelly.

So obviously the graphics department doesn't read the articles or talk to the writers and there appears to be no quality editing. But with Athlon I'm not surprised - mistakes like that are why I quit buying their magazine years ago.

StoopTroup
7/21/2007, 07:56 PM
They suck.

Unless your one of their darlins...they just print whatever is easy to find out.

There is no in-depth look.

RADsooner
7/22/2007, 12:39 AM
did you catch they had Dj at SS?