7/20/2007, 12:08 PM
Is this guy flaming or what?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmjOpfTh720

sooner518
7/20/2007, 12:12 PM
such in-depth analysis. I am shocked that he was wrong

Mac94
7/20/2007, 12:31 PM
He isn't one of our radio guys. Our radio guys are play by play man Dave South ... long time voice of the Aggies and the color guy is former A&M All-American Dave Elmendorf.

Even on local sports radio the main guys are Louie Belina and Billy Lucci.

That show is a local CBS affliliate gig that they do before Aggie home games. Who the "Blake" guy is I have no idea ... looks like a student .... but the kids does sound alot like "Ross the Intern" from the Jay Leno show.

Seamus
7/20/2007, 12:52 PM
Toot! Toot! All aboard for the Poop Chute Express!

Regardless of what that guy does for a living, he takes the short bus to get there. And it's absowootwie fabuwous.

TexasLidig8r
7/20/2007, 01:05 PM
He isn't one of our radio guys. Our radio guys are play by play man Dave South ... .

God forgive me... but... sometimes, Dave South just amuses me. His unintelligible calls.. his so getting lost in the game as a fan... he is just so...quintessentially aggy.

AimForCenterMass
7/20/2007, 01:07 PM
Somebody call 911, he's on fire!

John Kochtoston
7/20/2007, 06:00 PM
So, did that guy say OU players can get college credit for washing cars if they transfer to A&M? Perhaps I was too distracted by the flames to hear correctly.

silverwheels
7/20/2007, 06:06 PM
Was that a high school show? The desk looked like it was going to tip over at any second, and "Blake's Takes" reeked of the kind of journalism you'd find at a high school.

Oh yeah, he was wrong, too.

OKC-SLC
7/20/2007, 08:14 PM
NTTAWWT.

hookem31
7/20/2007, 10:47 PM
He might be a member.....

http://allies.tamu.edu/

:D

KantoSooner
7/20/2007, 11:58 PM
As I was watching the clip, mine eyes were drawn to the other 'related' clips that come up on the YouTube screen to the right of the video. Titles like "OU 77-0" and the like. A litany of aggie pointlessness and failure. Amusing counterpoint.

birddog
7/21/2007, 12:20 AM
i notice there's a comment by the one and only meni69

Dio
7/21/2007, 08:56 AM
77-0, bitch

Big Red Ron
7/21/2007, 04:35 PM
Beating them by Stoops' going for it on 4-1 deep in our own territory, while fran just settled for a field goal on 4th and goal from the one was effin sweet.

But wait it gets better.....

We convert on our 4th and one with, get this, a penalty for having twelve men on the field.

Coming down the ramps to leave after the best game I have ever witnessed, I see thousands of Sooner Fans taking pictures of the giant painting on the side of the stadium that reads, "Home of the 12th man," laughing our asses off! Aggie was so frickin shocked that the walked like stunned sheep out of their stadium.

I also met Dolemite and Yermon, cool guys.

I drove straight home with JimminyCrimson and made it just before the sun came up.

One of the best and tiring trips I've ever been on.

Oh and I absolutly refused to remove my cap in their union by no less than 5 aggies before the game. Good times.

Jimminy Crimson
7/21/2007, 04:43 PM
Ron speaks the truth.

We also walked on the grass.

Big Red Ron
7/21/2007, 04:47 PM
Ron speaks the truth.

We also walked on the grass.Well, that's what it's for, right?

:D

dolemitesooner
7/23/2007, 08:29 AM
I don't think I had a hat ...cause I would have tried that ****.....I was walking around in there union trying to hide my beer

Tear Down This Wall
7/23/2007, 01:46 PM
Those guys aren't the Aggie radio guys.

By the way, as bad as some people think Dave South is, he's still twice the play-by-play guy Bob Berry, Sr. is. And, Elmendorf is worlds better than Merv.

It aggravates me to no end that OU continues to let Bob and Merv call the games. Especially with Merv. He and Bobby Proctor were two of Barry's best position coaches. Proctor was given the door in a bad way, and Merv is allowed to embarrass himself week after week during the season.

Why? Why doesn't the madness end? Our AD claims, between appeals to the NCAA for violations by various sports, that we want to be the best at everything. Well, why not start with the game broadcast?

Boffingham
7/23/2007, 03:18 PM
I can't believe even dumb aggies would let that happen. What a homo

SoonerBOI
7/23/2007, 04:39 PM
He's soooooooo gay.

Sooner24
7/23/2007, 08:20 PM
Beating them by Stoops' going for it on 4-1 deep in our own territory, while fran just settled for a field goal on 4th and goal from the one was effin sweet.

But wait it gets better.....

We convert on our 4th and one with, get this, a penalty for having twelve men on the field.

Coming down the ramps to leave after the best game I have ever witnessed, I see thousands of Sooner Fans taking pictures of the giant painting on the side of the stadium that reads, "Home of the 12th man," laughing our asses off! Aggie was so frickin shocked that the walked like stunned sheep out of their stadium.

I also met Dolemite and Yermon, cool guys.

I drove straight home with JimminyCrimson and made it just before the sun came up.

One of the best and tiring trips I've ever been on.

Oh and I absolutly refused to remove my cap in their union by no less than 5 aggies before the game. Good times.

Why did you mention Yermom and Dolemite right after the sheep remark? :confused: ;)

Mac94
7/24/2007, 09:49 AM

Do you even have a clue as to why we ask that people don't walk on the grass at the MSC or why we ask that people remove their hats?

My father was a Sooner alum ... I come from a family of Sooner alum and fans ... and while I went to A&M (out of state tuition costs forced me to look "in state") I still love OU. But, fans that purposely act like this are an embarrassment to the school and the state.

TexasLidig8r
7/24/2007, 10:30 AM
. . .
Why? Why doesn't the madness end? Our University President claims, between appeals to the NCAA for violations by various sports, that we want to be the best at everything. Well, why not start with the game broadcast?

Had to correct that one for you Wall. I thought the AD position had been eliminated by Boren and that he was handling up on the AD's chores himself. :D

Big Red Ron
7/24/2007, 11:51 PM
Do you even have a clue as to why we ask that people don't walk on the grass at the MSC or why we ask that people remove their hats?

My father was a Sooner alum ... I come from a family of Sooner alum and fans ... and while I went to A&M (out of state tuition costs forced me to look "in state") I still love OU. But, fans that purposely act like this are an embarrassment to the school and the state.Yeah, I do. It's the same reason my Great-grandfather, Grandfather, Father all served in combat and I got to go to High School at Kemper Military School and College (a real Military School, I might add).

See, they and many others served to defend our freedom. I, and all other Americans may choose whether or not we wish to conform to your school's little traditions. Ultimately, I simply don't like to be told what to do and that's cool, 'cause we're in America.

BTW, many real soldiers find aTm's "Traditions" silly, perhaps, even slightly embarrassing.:O

:twinkies:

Mac94
7/25/2007, 08:40 AM
See, they and many others served to defend our freedom. I, and all other Americans may choose whether or not we wish to conform to your school's little traditions. Ultimately, I simply don't like to be told what to do and that's cool, 'cause we're in America.

Did I say anything about freedom? Of course you have the freedom to be a classless jerk .... ande apparently you embrace being such. The MSC is a war memorial dedicated to those A&M alum that gave there lives in all wars past prestent and future. Those Ags that fought alongside your family and mine .... if you want to get into a family military history match ... I have a ton of West Pointers in my line ... the ULTIMATE military school ... and all fought as well. But that is all beside the point.

No one is saying that you have to embrace A&M or our traditions. No one is saying you have to do this or that or even like us. BUT, the MSC transends A&M as it deals with AMERICAN soliders who fought and died for AMERICA. I couldn't care less what you think of A&M as a school or the Corps .... but respecting those that died for this country ... that's a bit different.

But if you you need to revel in your "freedom" to be a classless jerk and thereby become an embarrassment to yourself, your family, and the University of Oklahoma and its fanbase ... well, you have that right. Considering how poorly you represent the Sooners as a fan and revel in that fact ... I question how much you really care about the school you say you are a fan of. You certainly don't mind being an embarrassment to it.

usmc-sooner
7/25/2007, 09:11 AM
Did I say anything about freedom? Of course you have the freedom to be a classless jerk .... ande apparently you embrace being such. The MSC is a war memorial dedicated to those A&M alum that gave there lives in all wars past prestent and future. Those Ags that fought alongside your family and mine .... if you want to get into a family military history match ... I have a ton of West Pointers in my line ... the ULTIMATE military school ... and all fought as well. But that is all beside the point.

No one is saying that you have to embrace A&M or our traditions. No one is saying you have to do this or that or even like us. BUT, the MSC transends A&M as it deals with AMERICAN soliders who fought and died for AMERICA. I couldn't care less what you think of A&M as a school or the Corps .... but respecting those that died for this country ... that's a bit different.

But if you you need to revel in your "freedom" to be a classless jerk and thereby become an embarrassment to yourself, your family, and the University of Oklahoma and its fanbase ... well, you have that right. Considering how poorly you represent the Sooners as a fan and revel in that fact ... I question how much you really care about the school you say you are a fan of. You certainly don't mind being an embarrassment to it.

I had some fool triy to tell me, he was a part of the the Marine Corps, the guy had no clue as to anything we were talking about. It turned out he was a member of the Corps Cadets which is a college ROTC program and had never served in the military but he considered it the military. To me that's embarrassing. You know Mac they are your traditions, why don't you guys uphold them, Texas A&M is not Arlington Memorial Cemetery.

dsoonersmac
7/25/2007, 09:11 AM
Boys, boys...

While A&M has bazillions of traditions - one of which is removing your cap before entering the union -- whatever happened to manners? My momma taight me to remove my cap before entering ANY building! Even Bum Phillips didn't wear his cowboy hat in either of the domed stadiums where he coached.

Leave the name calling out of it. Yeah, the Ags have some traditions that are over the top, but that's what makes them Aggies.

Oh, and I, too, served. And while I chuckle at some of the Agggie 'enthusiasm', THEY choose to do what they do. No one forces them. Or you. Or me. But that doesn't mean I have to do what my kids used to call 'opposite day'.:rolleyes:

Mac94
7/25/2007, 09:18 AM
usmc -

But the MSC is far fro a Corps thing ... it IS a memorial to all A&M alum that died serving the United States in all wars past, present, and future. It isn't about the snot nosed Corps fishbutt who has yet to put on the uniform .... it is about those snot nose kids that graduated, took their officers commission and served in the Army, Air Force, Navy, or the same USMC you serve in and gave their lives for the same U.S. of A. you serve. Its about respecting YOUR brothers in arms that gave the ultimate sacrifice for this nation. Is that so hard for you to respect?

JohnnyMack
7/25/2007, 09:19 AM
I like tradition. I think it makes college football and college itself great. I fear it's quickly fading and becoming overtaken by our self-absorbed, all about me, ESPN, 30 second sound byte generation.

If it's A&M's tradition, then so be it. I can respect that.

usmc-sooner
7/25/2007, 09:25 AM
usmc -

But the MSC is far fro a Corps thing ... it IS a memorial to all A&M alum that died serving the United States in all wars past, present, and future. It isn't about the snot nosed Corps fishbutt who has yet to put on the uniform .... it is about those snot nose kids that graduated, took their officers commission and served in the Army, Air Force, Navy, or the same USMC you serve in and gave their lives for the same U.S. of A. you serve. Its about respecting YOUR brothers in arms that gave the ultimate sacrifice for this nation. Is that so hard for you to respect?

I have never dis respected your traditions

PhiDeltBeers
7/25/2007, 04:16 PM
:pop:

sooneredaco
7/25/2007, 10:49 PM
guys guys, this thread is about the dumb a** broadcast that the aggies had on TV oh and by the way they lost!