PDA

View Full Version : man vs wild

jk the sooner fan
7/20/2007, 11:28 AM
is anybody else watching season 2 of this show?

there isnt much this guy wont eat or drink......and i dont know that he has a fear of anything

the australia outback show last week was good, the ecuador show was fairly boring except for the footage of the terrain which was pretty cool

OUDoc
7/20/2007, 11:37 AM
I like this guy, the production of the show is better, but I miss Survivorman.

Viking Kitten
7/20/2007, 12:06 PM
Bear Gryll pros and cons:

Pro: supa :hot:

Con: I once saw him drink water he squeezed out of elephant poo. Ew.

Pro: Former member of British Special Forces. Uniforms can be super sexy, plus, he probably has "stamina" if you know what I mean.

Con: Did I mention the elepant poo?

Pro: His accent would make me go all weak in the knees.

Con: Elephant poo. Plus I bet he is mega stinky when he gets back from a couple weeks in the desert or whatever. Plus... elephant poo.

Conclusion: Hittable, but not kissable.

jk the sooner fan
7/20/2007, 12:10 PM
yeah, i always think about what his wife must think when he comes back from doing a show on one of the locations

wife: what did you eat this time?
bear: well, i ate two big grub worms, a slimy plant and 3 pirahhna's
wife: hmmm, well ok.....did you drink your pee?
bear: not this time
wife: did you drink water from elephant poo?
bear: not this time
wife: well brush your teeth and gargle for 30 minutes and then i might kiss you

i also often wonder what kind of stomach ailments he comes out of those areas with

Scott D
7/20/2007, 12:12 PM
they've got to have a full medical crew at the ready for him...at least if they want to keep their investment in the show alive.

jk the sooner fan
7/20/2007, 12:14 PM
some of the camera shots they got in the ecuador show were absolutely great

he rafted down the amazon hanging on to a log, and had a camera attached to the end of the log looking back at him

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
7/20/2007, 02:25 PM
I wonder what kinds of provisions and amenities the camera guy(s?) have who film him. Also, I bet he goes into one of their tents to sleep when the mosquitos are prolific!

boomersooner28
7/20/2007, 03:28 PM
I watch every episode, dude is crazy. I think I would just let myself die before I drank my own warm ****. :eek:

GrapevineSooner
7/20/2007, 03:34 PM
They did a segment on this show during BaD Radio.

Played some audio from the show. I may have to watch just because of that.

colleyvillesooner
7/20/2007, 03:48 PM
It’s good, you should check it out.

But, whenever he’s eating or drinking something gross, I always pictures his crew behind him in comfortable clothes, sitting around a small fire with tents about to eat a peanut butter and jelly sandwich saying “Man…that’s gross.” <bite>

mdklatt
7/20/2007, 04:28 PM
Survivorman (Les Stroud?) > Bear Grylls

The Survivorman dude is truly on his own. They just dump his *** in a swamp or on a mountaintop and leave him there. He does all the camera work himself. I watched a documentary about how they make the show. All the dangerous stuff you see him do, like walking across a crevasse-strewn glacier, has to be done at least twice. He has to set up the camera, walk across the glacier while the camera is rolling, and then go back and get the camera.

Harry Beanbag
7/20/2007, 05:42 PM
Survivorman (Les Stroud?) > Bear Grylls

The Survivorman dude is truly on his own. They just dump his *** in a swamp or on a mountaintop and leave him there. He does all the camera work himself. I watched a documentary about how they make the show. All the dangerous stuff you see him do, like walking across a crevasse-strewn glacier, has to be done at least twice. He has to set up the camera, walk across the glacier while the camera is rolling, and then go back and get the camera.

I agree that Stroud is a better true survivalist show. He is totally alone thus he has to be way more conservative than Grylls or he would likely be dead by now. Bear does all kinds of crazy **** intentionally because he knows that he would still have a better than average shot at being saved (I've wondered how many people are with him). Man vs. Wild definitely has more Hollywood entertainment value.

But I love both of the shows, the wife just goes in the other room when I'm watching them.

yermom
7/20/2007, 05:48 PM
of course they also do things like hide PFDs under his clothes and stuff

Harry Beanbag
7/20/2007, 05:53 PM

[viking kitten]I thought those were just different sorts of manly bulges.[/viking kitten]

blueyedsooner
7/20/2007, 10:44 PM
Our whole family watches the show. Our poor little tenderhearted 4 year old has a hard time with it sometimes. He cried the other night when he trapped a fish by a dam and ate him.....saying "Why'd he have to take him from his mommy and daddy and brudder?" Too cute. The kiddos love watching it just as much as we do.

Survivorman's new season begins August 10th.

olevetonahill
7/20/2007, 10:52 PM
Cool My satilite TV gets turned back on Aug 1 . Ill have to watch
Maybe I can give / get some pointers !

achiro
7/20/2007, 11:03 PM
I noticed that the other day from one of his earlier shows. Sad part of that is if someone really tried to use their backpack as a float through rapids because they saw it on the show, they would probably die.

I watch them both and will continue to do so but the "shock value" shot each week of him drinking his urine or water from elephant poo is getting a bit old. It's gotten to where its there just because.

Survivorman>>>Bear

Spray
7/21/2007, 08:33 AM
Me likey. Tried poo-juu last week- not too bad.