PDA

View Full Version : Intellicast is bad

Penguin
7/19/2007, 04:32 PM
I swear to God, if one more pilot calls me freaking out because Intellicast is showing thunderstorms along his route with tops to 65,000 feet, I will file a lawsuit against them.

I have no idea why, but Intellicast always, and I mean ALWAYS, adds 10 to 15 thousand feet to the real tops of storms.

It is really ticking me off! :mad:

SoonerStormchaser
7/19/2007, 04:50 PM
Why the hell do you think I never use them...and I'm a quasi-meteorologist.

Penguin
7/19/2007, 05:05 PM
Why the hell do you think I never use them...and I'm a quasi-meteorologist.

Tell me about it. I had a guy going from Rochester, NY, to Barbados. He freaked out so much about "65,000" foot tops over Long Island that we had to re-route him over Atlantic City. It added 100's of miles to his route needlessly.

DalHorn
7/19/2007, 05:18 PM
I haven't been to that site in years. I remember thinking it was a front for big oil and anti-global warming articles. Which is fine and all, but they seemed to promote that more than what the freaking weather was going to do tomorrow.

Mixer!
7/19/2007, 11:07 PM
There be a reason weather folk refer to it as "intellicrap".

Penguin
7/19/2007, 11:19 PM
There be a reason weather folk refer to it as "intellicrap".

Hehe. I never heard that before. Intellicrap. That's a good one! :D

TheHumanAlphabet
7/20/2007, 08:41 AM
I like intellicasts radar reflectivity maps, esp. the time lapsed option. I find local TV radars too beamed up. and the NWS dopler here has lots of clutter. Where do you all get the height information from?

Tulsa_Fireman
7/20/2007, 12:38 PM
I haven't been to that site in years. I remember thinking it was a front for big oil and anti-global warming articles. Which is fine and all, but they seemed to promote that more than what the freaking weather was going to do tomorrow.

Granted, I've visited it for the first time just now, but where's all the big oil and anti-global warming articles? I don't see anything like it.