PDA

View Full Version : I have accidentaly caused some problems for my bank

royalfan5
7/19/2007, 11:05 AM
So they send out me a new debit card to replace my old one. The letter says it's supposed to start working this Monday. So I call and activate the card and begin using it. It functions fine until I hit the ATM this morning and I can't withdraw any money. So I call the bank, and it turns out that they hadn't turned the card on yet. They had decided to delay activation a week, but I hadn't got that notice yet because of mail forwarding issues. So now they are trying to figure out what happened with card working because they can't find the some of the charges on the new card. Should be interesting to see how this plays out.

rufnek05
7/19/2007, 11:11 AM
sounds like you got some free stuff.

JohnnyMack
7/19/2007, 11:15 AM
IBTFS....errr....MR

Mongo
7/19/2007, 11:15 AM
switch banks ASAP

royalfan5
7/19/2007, 11:26 AM
It's is now sorted out at no cost to me. Some charges just won't show up till next week.

Frozen Sooner
7/19/2007, 11:27 AM
Meh. They'll get it sorted out. VISA authorizations don't present live, so it may be a few days before those charges hit your account.

And as I understand ATM authorizations, what they're telling you doesn't make any sense. The ATM checks your mag strip for three things: expiration date, card number, and PIN. If those three things are OK, then it sends the request for money to the owning institution. I think what's likely that happened is you have a new PIN that they didn't send you yet.